IndiaDivine.org

Simple question about exactly what Mars symbolizes (Sundeep)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sundeep, Nice to get your response on my mail You are right . Mars leads to spirituality because 'it is successful in subduing desire' ( Paramahamsa Yogananda's chart illustrates the role of Mars in spirituality) However,Mars in conjunction/aspect with Venus and in Rasis of Mercury (Gemini and Virgo) will be another matter altogether Regards, aavesh vedicastrostudent <vedicastrostudent wrote: Dear Aavesh,You say "Mars is one of the most spiritual planets". I'm simply trying to reconcile this statement with Gordon and Tijana's earlier writeup. Would you say then that it leads to spirituality because it is successful in subduing desire(?) I have also read somewhere that Mars is celibate.. But I dont remember where now, and am wondering if all of this is related..ThanksSundeepsohamsa , aavesh t <aavesh_s wrote:>> Dear Gordon,> > Brilliant explanation > > Mars when strong in a chart in Yuti with Surya gives a never-say-die attitude.This can lead to extreme fanaticism if unchecked by benificial influences (Hitler's chart is a case in point)> > However, Mars is one of the most spiritual planets (Ramakrishna Paramahamsa had exalted Mars in his 12th house)> > Regards,> > aavesh> > > GWBrennan wrote:> Dear Lakshmi, Sundeep, Tijana> > I think the problem in all this discussion is trying to assign certain areas of the mind or mental activity as belonging to Mars and thus getting into confusion. Quoting a large variety of modern sources which have no understanding of - or reliance on - Jyotish as evidence that Mars

is related to one type of action or another is not going to arrive at the right answer. To ascertain the nature of Mars study all of the classical definitions, example charts, the 108 names, etc., etc. I would also recommend reading Kumarasambhava, The Birth of Mars, which is available in English translation in a number of editions.> > It is Mercury who does not want to win. Mercury does not naturally defeat an opponent. Thus he is not involved in argument. It is kind of beneath him. Each planet as Tijana said promotes only its desire. Mars is rash because he can act when action may not be needed as well as when it is, but it is from Mars that the science of Nyaya comes. If you argue against Mercury will give way, Mars will not. > > To define the science of Nyaya you could say it is the ascertainment of a fact, it can even be a truth, by exposing those statements which cloud, contradict or

somehow prevent that fact from being known. Tarka is more specifically confutation or argumentation, trying to destroy the other argument. Nyaya is a more inclusive term and can be expressed as the whole science of logic. In Jyotisha terms it is Mars who fights on behalf of the Sun to defeat those who are hiding the light.> > Regards> > Gordon> > > > > > > > With Best Wishes,> > aavesh> > > > Meet people who discuss and share your passions. Join them now.>With Best Wishes, aavesh

Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Click here to know how.