IndiaDivine.org

Re : Marriage Muhurta questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OM SHRI RAGHAVENDRAAYA NAMAHOM SHRI LAKSHMI NRUSIMHAAYA NAMAHDear Mr. Gail Fransico,I am giving here below certain conditions for fixing Vivaha or marriage Muhurtas as laid down in Muhurta Madhaveeyam/Kala Prakashika etc.:

VIVAHA MUHURTAS

1) Auspicious Nakshatras :

Rohini,Swati,Revati,Mrigashira,Moola,Magha,Hasta,Anuradha,Uttara,Uttarashada and Uttarabadhra Pada.Also bride’s Janma Nakshatra,Anu Janma and Tri Janma Nakshatras are favourable.Rest all avoid.

2) When Guru and Shukra are combust or Asthangatha.Here when Shukra rises in the east after he is Astha,for 1st 5 days,he will be in Balavastha.

When Shukra rises in the west after Asthangatha,he will be in Balavastha for the 1st 7 days.

Shukra before he goes to Astha in the east ,the last 7 days he will be in Vriddavastha and similarly,when Shukra goes to Astha in the west,the last 5 days,he will be in Vriddhavastha.So all these days should be avoided for fixing Vivaha Muhurta.

Similarly we have to consider from Guru’s Astha and Udaya in matters

related to fixing of Vivaha Muhurta.

3) During the time of marriage,Guru’s transit has to be 2nd/5th/7th/9th

11th from Janma Lagna/Chandra.But Guru when his transit is in his exaltation sign /Moola Trikona sign/own sign, then Guru will give auspicious results when his transit is 3rd/6th/8th and 12th from Lagna/Chandra.

4) The Vivaha Lagna has to be 1/2/3/5/6/7/9/10/11th from boy and Girl’s

Janma Lagna and will give auspicious results after the marriage.4/8/12

Th.from both Janma Lagna will give inauspicious results.From the girl’s Janma Rashi,the Vivaha Muhurta has to be 3rd/6th/10th/11th.

5) Kanya, Tula and Mithuna Lagnas are very auspicious for fixing Vivaha

Muhurta ( the tieing of the sacred knot or while signing in the presence of the marriage registrar in case if Agni Sakshi is not available ).Kataka,Meena,Dhanu and Vrishabha Lagnas are middling and is considered auspicious if Shubha Grahas are posited in these Lagnas.Mesha and Vrischika lagans are prohibited for marriages.

6) Now I will give the important Lagna Navamsha which is about 10-12

Minutes of time which is considered to be more prominent.Mithuna Navamsha,Kanya Navamsha,Tula Navamsha,Meena Navamsha are the best Vivaha Lagna Navamshas.Some authorities say Dhanu Navamsha Lagna also can be considered.

7) The marriage sgould take place during Chandra Hora in a Vivaha

Muhurta Chart.Similarly Shubha Graha Drekkana rises in the Vivaha Muhurta is also auspicious.

8) Now suppose if there is no other way to fix the auspicious Lagna

Muhurtas given in No.5,then we have to fix the auspicious Navamshas

Given below :

Mesha Muhurta Lagna – Mithuna Navamsha,Kanya and Tula and Dhanu

Navamshas.

Vrishabha lagna – Vrishabha,Mithuna and Simha Navamshas are good.

Mithuna Lagna – Tula and Mithuna Navamshas are good.

Kataka Lagna – Kanya, Tula and Dhanu Navamsha

Simha Lagna – Mithuna, Kanya, Tula and Dhanu Navamsha Lagna.

Kanya Lagna – Mithuna and Kanya Navamsha Lagna.

Tula Lagna - Tula, Dhanu and Mithuna Navamsha Lagna.

Vrischika Lagna – Kanya, Tula and Dhanu Navamsha Lagna.

Dhanu Lagna - Mithuna, Kanya, Tula and Dhanu Navamsha Lagna.

Makara Lagna – Mithuna and Kanya Navamsha Lagna.

Kumbha Lagna – Tula and Mithuna Navamsha Lagna.

Meena Lagna - Tula and Dhanu Navamsha Lagna.

9) For girls marriage should be conducted during even No. of years of age

And for boys,it has to be odd no. of years of age.

10)Jyeshta,Vaishakha,Phalguna and Maagha months are auspicious to

conduct marriage.Similarly when Sun is transitting over Kataka, Kanya

and Dhanu Rashis marriages should not be conducted.Only

Mesha,Mithuna,Tula, Makara and Kumbha Solar months are auspicious.

11)Shukla Paksha is auspicious for conducting marriage.

12) Auspicious Tithis to be selected for marriage : Avoid all Tithis during

Krishna Paksha from Shasti ( 6th day ) to Amavasya.In Shukla Paksha,

Prathama,Dwiteeya,Triteeya,Panchami,Dashami, Ekadashi,Trayodashi

and Poornima Tithis are very auspicious.

13) Auspicious Days : Wednesdays,Thursdays and Fridays are good and

Mondays are middling.Sundays, Tuesdays and Saturdays are prohibited.

14) Auspicious Yogas : Preeti,Ayushmaan,Saubhagya,Shobhana,Sukarma,Dhriti,Vriddhi,Dhruva,

Harshana,Siddhi,Variyan,Shiva,Siddha,Sadhya,Shubha,Shukla,Brahma,

Aindra Yogas are auspicious daily Yogas for marriages.

15) Auspicious Karanas : Bava,Balava,Kaulava,Taitila,Garija and Vanija

Karanas are auspicious.Other Karanas are prohibited.

I Hope this helps you.With Shri Hari Vaayu Guru Naama Smarana,Ramadas Rao.On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 21:58:56 -0000 sohamsa wroteOm Namo Bhagavate VasudevayaDear Jyotishas:I'm working with a friend of mine on a marriage muhurta.It brought up some questions. I'm using my notes from Sanjay's lectures as well as Ernst Wilhem's Muhurta book.1. When is a marriage considered to have happened?When the couple signs the marriage certificate, which could be any time of day? When the marriage certificate is delivered to the county or city recorder? when the marriage ceremony occurs?If we find a marriage muhurta that is late at night and it might be difficult to get a priest...is it the marriage certificate? or the fact the couple exchanged vows? Can they sign a document between themselves?2. Which is the order of importance for a marriage muhurta?1. Nothing in the 7th or 8th house.2. Jupiter in a Kendra3. Favorable Nakshatra Moon for both man and woman.4. Favorable Tithi. 2,3,5,7,10,11,135. Favorable lagna (which lagnas are best? Ernst Wilhem's book suggests Gemini, Virgo and Libra are the best lagnas. Avoid Aries, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces. I don't understand why?)6. Avoid Tue and Sat3. Are there are other factors that I have left out?Thanks for your kind help.All the best.Gail FranciscoOm Tat Sat