IndiaDivine.org

Request for Source Information on Losing Caste by Crossing Ocean

Rate this topic

Guest guest

|| Hare Rama Krushna ||Dear all,I am a regular reader of Hindu Press International published daily newsletter (*). Their newsletters on news and events regarding Hinduism are at once informational and inspirational. In a recent newsletter, I saw a call for source information on losing caste by crossing ocean. If any of you have information on the subject (i.e. an ancient scripture/manuscript that talks about one losing caste due to crossing ocean), please email it directly to ar AT hindu.org. They are researching the topic after this issue came to the foray recently with respect to Udupi Krishna temple.May Sri Vishnu bless us all,Reema.(*) - http://www.hinduismtoday.com/hpi/2008/2/26.shtml#4

Om Krishna Guru OmDear ReemaNamasteI found this enquiry very interesting. Im no Vedic scholar, but I once heard from a learnered guru that the ancient scriptures dont have reference to caste, but only to Varna Ashrama system. So by default, something like this probably doesnt exist or the reference thereto relates to another matter all together. Id be very interested if anyone has references to caste in Vedic scriptures.

I may be very contravercial in what im about to say. The quest or search for this type of information is perpetuating the caste system which is something I thought we are trying to do away with. Best Wishes

BipinOn 29/02/2008, Reema Patel Sriganesh <reema_sriganesh wrote:

|| Hare Rama Krushna ||

Dear all,I am a regular reader of Hindu Press International published daily newsletter (*). Their newsletters on news and events regarding Hinduism are at once informational and inspirational. In a recent newsletter, I saw a call for source information on losing caste by crossing ocean. If any of you have information on the subject (i.e. an ancient scripture/manuscript that talks about one losing caste due to crossing ocean), please email it directly to ar AT hindu.org. They are researching the topic after this issue came to the foray recently with respect to Udupi Krishna temple.

May Sri Vishnu bless us all,Reema.(*) - http://www.hinduismtoday.com/hpi/2008/2/26.shtml#4

You are managing the sohamsa group through Grouply.

You to individual emails for this group. | Update your Subscription settings

1 messages in this conversation, including this one | Add a comment

View this message on Grouply so you can rate, tag, bookmark, and see what others think about it.

FinanceIt's Now Personal

Guides, news,advice & more.New web site?Drive traffic now.

Get your businesson search.Dog Groupson

discuss everythingrelated to dogs.

P.s. Sorry for the non-astrological post, and this is going to be my last one. If you wish to converse further on the matter, please send a private email.Dear Bipin, Namaskaar,One way to do away with caste once and for all is by proving that Vedic scriptures never talked about them, let alone talking about things like one losing their caste (or becoming caste-less or whatever) by crossing ocean which was exactly the point of controversy in the case of the priest of Udupi Krishna temple (*). I think the quest to know what the scriptures have to say in the matter is the right one. At least we know what is in there.Regards,Reema.(*) - http://in.reuters.com/article/topNews/idINIndia-31465420080118 Bipin Prag <bipinprag wrote: Om Krishna Guru OmDear ReemaNamasteI found

this enquiry very interesting. Im no Vedic scholar, but I once heard from a learnered guru that the ancient scriptures dont have reference to caste, but only to Varna Ashrama system. So by default, something like this probably doesnt exist or the reference thereto relates to another matter all together. Id be very interested if anyone has references to caste in Vedic scriptures. I may be very contravercial in what im about to say. The quest or search for this type of information is perpetuating the caste system which is something I thought we are trying to do away with. Best Wishes BipinOn 29/02/2008, Reema Patel Sriganesh <reema_sriganesh

wrote: || Hare Rama Krushna || Dear all,I am a regular reader of Hindu Press International published daily newsletter (*). Their newsletters on news and events regarding Hinduism are at once informational and inspirational. In a recent newsletter, I saw a call for source information on losing caste by crossing ocean. If any of you have information on the subject (i.e. an ancient scripture/manuscript that talks about one losing caste due to crossing ocean), please email it directly to ar AT hindu.org. They are researching the topic

after this issue came to the foray recently with respect to Udupi Krishna temple. May Sri Vishnu bless us all,Reema.(*) - http://www.hinduismtoday.com/hpi/2008/2/26.shtml#4 You are managing the sohamsa group through Grouply. You to individual emails for this group. | Update your Subscription settings 1

messages in this conversation, including this one | Add a comment View this message on Grouply so you can rate, tag, bookmark, and see what others think about it. FinanceIt's Now Personal Guides, news,advice & more.New web site?Drive traffic now. Get your businesson

search.Dog Groupson discuss everythingrelated to dogs.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.