IndiaDivine.org

Some confusion (Excuse me , I am just a beginner)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi All,

I am a new member of this forum and this is my first post. After reading some

books in traditional astrology it is only recently I started with KP readers .

I am a bit confused by the charts given those readers, especially the position

of planets.

For example, KP Reader 6 Horary Astrology, (Sep 2009 reprint), Page: 287 Topic:

When will I be promoted? Here a chart is given and Moon (9-56) is shown in 11th

House but the text description says it is in 10th House.

I prepared the same chart (using the same data) on KP Starone6.6.25 and here are

the positions:

10th CUSP SAGITTARIUS: 19: 53: 57

11th CUSP CAPRICORN : 17: 5: 10

MOON CAPRICORN : 9: 56: 5

So Moon has to be in 10Th house because 10th house starts with SAGITTARIUS: 19:

53: 57 and end at CAPRICORN : 17: 5: 10 means MOON being at CAPRICORN 9:

56: 5 has to be in 10th House so text seems to be correct but the chart

shows Moon placed in 11th House!

I found this type of confusion in many charts; can any body clarify this doubt?

Or am I in anyway mixing Cusp and House (Bhava)?

Regards

Baban

Guest guest

Dear Baban,

Ther is no confusion...you are right...you are mixing up Traditional and K.P System of house division...

With best wishes,

Yogesh Lajmi.

babalipk <babalipk Sent: Sun, 21 March, 2010 10:53:48 AM Some confusion (Excuse me , I am just a beginner)

Hi All,I am a new member of this forum and this is my first post. After reading some books in traditional astrology it is only recently I started with KP readers . I am a bit confused by the charts given those readers, especially the position of planets.For example, KP Reader 6 Horary Astrology, (Sep 2009 reprint), Page: 287 Topic: When will I be promoted? Here a chart is given and Moon (9-56) is shown in 11th House but the text description says it is in 10th House. I prepared the same chart (using the same data) on KP Starone6.6.25 and here are the positions:10th CUSP SAGITTARIUS: 19: 53: 57 11th CUSP CAPRICORN : 17: 5: 10 MOON CAPRICORN : 9: 56: 5So Moon has to be in 10Th house because 10th house starts with SAGITTARIUS: 19: 53: 57 and end at CAPRICORN : 17: 5: 10 means MOON being at CAPRICORN 9: 56: 5 has to be in 10th House so text seems to be correct but the chart shows Moon placed in 11th

House! I found this type of confusion in many charts; can any body clarify this doubt? Or am I in anyway mixing Cusp and House (Bhava)? RegardsBaban

Guest guest

hi

kp uses Niryana Bhav-Chalit Charts (placidus house system) and beginning of

house is considered. this chart is taken into account when we want to extract

significators of some particular house.

In normal charts where bhav-madhya is taken into consideration - they take the

rashi(sign) of a planet and sign of a house to match the position of planet.

so

moon's degrees are less than that of 11th house (CAP 17 degrees) so it will be

placed in a house behind the house where 11th cusp starts.

if suppose moon's degrees greater than CAP-17 then it will be placed in that

house where 11th cusp starts. this is all about a Bhav-chalit Chart.

in a normal chart moon will be shown in 11th cusp as both have matching

CAPRICORN sign.

i suggest you to read first " Nakshatra Chintamani " and " Further lights on

Nakshatra Chintamani " and " Horoscopes and Diseases "

if you know marathi/gujrati/hindi then you can use text of Mr. Suresh Shahasane.

take care bye

Enjoy the power of KP

bye

, " babalipk " <babalipk wrote:

>

> Hi All,

>

> I am a new member of this forum and this is my first post. After reading some

> I am a bit confused by the charts given those readers, especially the position

of planets.

> For example, KP Reader 6 Horary Astrology, (Sep 2009 reprint), Page: 287

Topic: When will I be promoted? Here a chart is given and Moon (9-56) is shown

in 11th House but the text description says it is in 10th House.

>

> I prepared the same chart (using the same data) on KP Starone6.6.25 and here

are the positions:

>

> 10th CUSP SAGITTARIUS: 19: 53: 57

> 11th CUSP CAPRICORN : 17: 5: 10

>

> MOON CAPRICORN : 9: 56: 5

>

> So Moon has to be in 10Th house because 10th house starts with SAGITTARIUS:

19: 53: 57 and end at CAPRICORN : 17: 5: 10 means MOON being at CAPRICORN

9: 56: 5 has to be in 10th House so text seems to be correct but the chart

>

> I found this type of confusion in many charts; can any body clarify this

doubt? Or am I in anyway mixing Cusp and House (Bhava)?

>

> Regards

>

> Baban

>

Guest guest

Dear Babanji,

I have VI Reader of September 2002.

There in I find:-

X cusp at 19-26 Sagittarius.

XI cusp at 15-17 Capricorn.

Moon at 9-56 in Capricorn.

Thus Moon is in 10th house. In text also she is in 10th house.

In those days no Software were available. Every thing was calculated manually. Now also the cusps differ from SW to SW.

I have cast the horary chart with J Hora SW.

X cusp at 19-17 Sagittarius

XI cusp at 15-49 Capricorn

Moon at 9-56 Capricorn.

Thus Moon is in 10th house only.

This is for your kind information.

Dr. Rath

babalipk <babalipk Sent: Sun, March 21, 2010 10:53:48 AM Some confusion (Excuse me , I am just a beginner)

Hi All,I am a new member of this forum and this is my first post. After reading some books in traditional astrology it is only recently I started with KP readers . I am a bit confused by the charts given those readers, especially the position of planets.For example, KP Reader 6 Horary Astrology, (Sep 2009 reprint), Page: 287 Topic: When will I be promoted? Here a chart is given and Moon (9-56) is shown in 11th House but the text description says it is in 10th House. I prepared the same chart (using the same data) on KP Starone6.6.25 and here are the positions:10th CUSP SAGITTARIUS: 19: 53: 57 11th CUSP CAPRICORN : 17: 5: 10 MOON CAPRICORN : 9: 56: 5So Moon has to be in 10Th house because 10th house starts with SAGITTARIUS: 19: 53: 57 and end at CAPRICORN : 17: 5: 10 means MOON being at CAPRICORN 9: 56: 5 has to be in 10th House so text seems to be correct but the chart shows Moon placed in 11th

House! I found this type of confusion in many charts; can any body clarify this doubt? Or am I in anyway mixing Cusp and House (Bhava)? RegardsBaban

Guest guest

Dear Friend,This is a problem with yr understanding of the subject.Please try to understand the difference of CUSP and HOUSE. As in KP 6 Reader, Pg 287, Moon is in the 10th CUSP, which is running from Sagittarius 19.26 to Capricorn 15.17. You can call Sagittarius and Capricorn as HOUSES. But you cannot name any CUSP by the name of a HOUSE.Though Moon is in the HOUSE of

Capricorn, in KP, we say that Moon is in the 10th Cusp.Meaning of the wordsCUSP -The exact degree and minute of the beginning of a house and the end of the previous house.HOUSE - One twelfth portion of of the heavens as viewed from the earth is called a House. - KP Encyclopedia of Astrology, Pg. 25 & 27YOU - "So Moon has to be in 10Th house because 10th house starts with SAGITTARIUS: 19: 53: 57 and end at CAPRICORN : 17: 5: 10 means MOON being at CAPRICORN 9: 56: 5 has to be in 10th House so text seems to be correct but the chart shows Moon placed in 11th House! "Yes Moon placed on the 11th HOUSE of the Zodiac and in the 10th CUSP (Bhawa)Hope you may be enlighten the fact and solve the confusion.With RegardsKalyanbabalipk <babalipk Sent: Sun, 21 March, 2010 10:53:48 AM Some confusion (Excuse me , I am just a beginner)

Hi All,

I am a new member of this forum and this is my first post. After reading some books in traditional astrology it is only recently I started with KP readers .

I am a bit confused by the charts given those readers, especially the position of planets.

For example, KP Reader 6 Horary Astrology, (Sep 2009 reprint), Page: 287 Topic: When will I be promoted? Here a chart is given and Moon (9-56) is shown in 11th House but the text description says it is in 10th House.

I prepared the same chart (using the same data) on KP Starone6.6.25 and here are the positions:

So Moon has to be in 10Th house because 10th house starts with SAGITTARIUS: 19: 53: 57 and end at CAPRICORN : 17: 5: 10 means MOON being at CAPRICORN 9: 56: 5 has to be in 10th House so text seems to be correct but the chart shows Moon placed in 11th House!

I found this type of confusion in many charts; can any body clarify this doubt? Or am I in anyway mixing Cusp and House (Bhava)?

Regards

Baban

Guest guest

Dear Sirs,

With due respect to all I would like to say that, literally 'CUSP' means a point; a tooth-like meeting of two branches of a curve. Hence a CUSP is just a point where one Bhava ends and another Bhava begins. In the chart under discussion, Sagittarius 19-53-57 is a point and it is X cusp. Capricorn 17-05-10 is another point that is XI cusp. The arc in the zodiac in between these two points shall not be called X cusp but 10 Bhava. Here 'Bhava' means a 'house'. Often one Sign of Zodiac is also called a house. This dual use of the word 'House' brings the confusion. So it is better to call 'Bhava' to the arc of zodiac between two cusps.

I may be clarified please.

Dr. Rath

Sunaparantha Kalyan <sunaparantha Sent: Sun, March 21, 2010 8:47:08 PMRe: Some confusion (Excuse me , I am just a beginner)

Dear Friend,

This is a problem with yr understanding of the subject.

Please try to understand the difference of CUSP and HOUSE.

As in KP 6 Reader, Pg 287, Moon is in the 10th CUSP, which is running from Sagittarius 19.26 to Capricorn 15.17.

You can call Sagittarius and Capricorn as HOUSES. But you cannot name any CUSP by the name of a HOUSE.

Though Moon is in the HOUSE of Capricorn, in KP, we say that Moon is in the 10th Cusp.

Meaning of the words

CUSP -The exact degree and minute of the beginning of a house and the end of the previous house.

HOUSE - One twelfth portion of of the heavens as viewed from the earth is called a House.

- KP Encyclopedia of Astrology, Pg. 25 & 27

YOU - "So Moon has to be in 10Th house because 10th house starts with SAGITTARIUS: 19: 53: 57 and end at CAPRICORN : 17: 5: 10 means MOON being at CAPRICORN 9: 56: 5 has to be in 10th House so text seems to be correct but the chart shows Moon placed in 11th House! "

Yes Moon placed on the 11th HOUSE of the Zodiac and in the 10th CUSP (Bhawa)

Hope you may be enlighten the fact and solve the confusion.

With Regards

Kalyan

babalipk <babalipk >@gro ups.comSun, 21 March, 2010 10:53:48 AM Some confusion (Excuse me , I am just a beginner)

Guest guest

Thanks a lot for this help.

It seems that with these answers my doubts are cleared.

This is what I understood so far:

1. The chart shows 12 Squares and each square denotes a Rashi and this

arrangement and also the location of Squares and Rashi assigned to each such

Square is fixed.

2. Earlier I was thinking that a Square means a houses but it seems that this is

not case because while a House can start anywhere in the zodiac and its span is

not necessarily be of 30 degrees (as that of Rashi); Rashi has fixed starting

point and fixed (30 degrees) span so almost in all cases Houses and Rashi square

will not align.

3. Now as Moon is at CAPRICORN : 9: 56: 5 so it must be placed in the Square

designated for Rashi :CAPRICORN ;so it has to be in Square 11

4. At the same time Moon at CAPRICORN: 9: 56: 5 falls between starting point of

House 10 (SAGITTARIUS: 19: 53: 57) and ending point of House 10 (CAPRICORN: 17:

5:10), she must be in House 10.

5. So in the charts given in those KP reader, one can quickly come to know the

Rashi of Planet by the Square in which the planet is placed, while to locate in

which House it is deposited we need to check the cusp beginning and ending of

that square and the square just behind it.

6. Interestingly with North Indian style of Bhava-Chalit charts, looking at the

chart one knows immediately in which House (bhava) the planet is while to know

its Rashi one needs to check that planets' degrees and beginning and ending

degrees of nearby houses. Means one has to look at the Rashi, which is arranged

as Mesh in the first square (or Diamond!) and go counter-clock wise direction

for subsequent Rashis.

I once again thank you all who spend their valuable time in clearing my doubts.

, Sunaparantha Kalyan <sunaparantha wrote:

>

>

>

> Dear Friend,

>

> This is a problem with yr understanding of the subject.

> Please try to understand the difference of CUSP and HOUSE.

>

> As in KP 6 Reader, Pg 287, Moon is in the 10th CUSP, which is running from

Sagittarius 19.26 to Capricorn 15.17.

> You can call Sagittarius and Capricorn as HOUSES. But you cannot name any CUSP

by the name of a HOUSE.

> Though Moon is in the HOUSE of Capricorn, in KP, we say that Moon is in the

10th Cusp.

>

> Meaning of the words

> CUSP -The exact degree and minute of the beginning of a house and the end of

the previous house.

> HOUSE - One twelfth portion of of the heavens as viewed from the earth is

called a House.

> - KP Encyclopedia of Astrology, Pg. 25 & 27

>

> YOU - " So Moon has to be in 10Th house because 10th house starts with

SAGITTARIUS: 19: 53: 57 and end at CAPRICORN : 17: 5: 10 means MOON being at

CAPRICORN 9: 56: 5 has to be in 10th House so text seems to be correct but the

chart shows Moon placed in 11th House! "

>

> Yes Moon placed on the 11th HOUSE of the Zodiac and in the 10th CUSP (Bhawa)

>

> Hope you may be enlighten the fact and solve the confusion.

>

> With Regards

>

> Kalyan

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> babalipk <babalipk

>

> Sun, 21 March, 2010 10:53:48 AM

> Some confusion (Excuse me , I am just a beginner)

>

>

> Hi All,

>

> I am a new member of this forum and this is my first post. After reading some

> I am a bit confused by the charts given those readers, especially the position

of planets.

> For example, KP Reader 6 Horary Astrology, (Sep 2009 reprint), Page: 287

Topic: When will I be promoted? Here a chart is given and Moon (9-56) is shown

in 11th House but the text description says it is in 10th House.

>

> I prepared the same chart (using the same data) on KP Starone6.6.25 and here

are the positions:

>

>

>

> So Moon has to be in 10Th house because 10th house starts with SAGITTARIUS:

19: 53: 57 and end at CAPRICORN : 17: 5: 10 means MOON being at CAPRICORN

9: 56: 5 has to be in 10th House so text seems to be correct but the chart

>

> I found this type of confusion in many charts; can any body clarify this

doubt? Or am I in anyway mixing Cusp and House (Bhava)?

>

> Regards

>

> Baban

>

Guest guest

Dear Baban, See my clarification in Red.Naidu KPK. P. Naidu,Flat E-1, Prince Aptmts.,Nowroji Road,Maharanipeta,VISAKHAPATNAM 530002.Phone Resi: 0891-2712591.--- On Sun, 21/3/10, Yogesh Lajmi <yogeshlajmi wrote:Yogesh Lajmi <yogeshlajmiRe: Some confusion (Excuse me , I am just a beginner) Date: Sunday, 21 March, 2010, 4:37 PM

Dear Baban,

Ther is no confusion... you are right...you are mixing up Traditional and K.P System of house division...

With best wishes,

Yogesh Lajmi.

babalipk <babalipk >@gro ups.comSun, 21 March, 2010 10:53:48 AM Some confusion (Excuse me , I am just a beginner)

Hi All,I am a new member of this forum and this is my first post. After reading some books in traditional astrology it is only recently I started with KP readers . I am a bit confused by the charts given those readers, especially the position of planets.For example, KP Reader 6 Horary Astrology, (Sep 2009 reprint), Page: 287 Topic: When will I be promoted? Here a chart is given and Moon (9-56) is shown in 11th House but the text description says it is in 10th House. Moon is shown in Capricorn rasi, not in 11th house as you mentioned. Here is your confusion is mixing rasi and house.I prepared the same chart (using the same data) on KP Starone6.6.25 and here are the positions:10th CUSP SAGITTARIUS: 19: 53: 57 11th CUSP CAPRICORN : 17: 5: 10 MOON CAPRICORN : 9: 56: 5So Moon has to be in 10Th house because 10th house starts with SAGITTARIUS: 19: 53:

57 and end at CAPRICORN : 17: 5: 10 means MOON being at CAPRICORN 9: 56: 5 has to be in 10th House so text seems to be correct but the chart shows Moon placed in 11th

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

Guest guest

Dear Friend,Very good. You have understood.But I see, still you are hanging in the Vedic system. squares and diamond are all in Vedic/Traditional system.Till you get the right path to KP, dont use the word "HOUSE" for "BHAWA".And I strongly suggest you to undergo KP tutorials/KP Readers from 01 to achieve the target.RegardsKalyanSUHAS <gokhalesuhas Sent: Mon, 22 March, 2010 8:54:30 AM Re: Some confusion (Excuse me , I am just a beginner)

Thanks a lot for this help.

It seems that with these answers my doubts are cleared.

This is what I understood so far:

1. The chart shows 12 Squares and each square denotes a Rashi and this arrangement and also the location of Squares and Rashi assigned to each such Square is fixed.

2. Earlier I was thinking that a Square means a houses but it seems that this is not case because while a House can start anywhere in the zodiac and its span is not necessarily be of 30 degrees (as that of Rashi); Rashi has fixed starting point and fixed (30 degrees) span so almost in all cases Houses and Rashi square will not align.

3. Now as Moon is at CAPRICORN : 9: 56: 5 so it must be placed in the Square designated for Rashi :CAPRICORN ;so it has to be in Square 11

4. At the same time Moon at CAPRICORN: 9: 56: 5 falls between starting point of House 10 (SAGITTARIUS: 19: 53: 57) and ending point of House 10 (CAPRICORN: 17: 5:10), she must be in House 10.

5. So in the charts given in those KP reader, one can quickly come to know the Rashi of Planet by the Square in which the planet is placed, while to locate in which House it is deposited we need to check the cusp beginning and ending of that square and the square just behind it.

6. Interestingly with North Indian style of Bhava-Chalit charts, looking at the chart one knows immediately in which House (bhava) the planet is while to know its Rashi one needs to check that planets' degrees and beginning and ending degrees of nearby houses. Means one has to look at the Rashi, which is arranged as Mesh in the first square (or Diamond!) and go counter-clock wise direction for subsequent Rashis.

I once again thank you all who spend their valuable time in clearing my doubts.

@gro ups.com, Sunaparantha Kalyan <sunaparantha@ ...> wrote:

>

>

>

> Dear Friend,

>

> This is a problem with yr understanding of the subject.

> Please try to understand the difference of CUSP and HOUSE.

>

> As in KP 6 Reader, Pg 287, Moon is in the 10th CUSP, which is running from Sagittarius 19.26 to Capricorn 15.17.

> You can call Sagittarius and Capricorn as HOUSES. But you cannot name any CUSP by the name of a HOUSE.

> Though Moon is in the HOUSE of Capricorn, in KP, we say that Moon is in the 10th Cusp.

>

> Meaning of the words

> CUSP -The exact degree and minute of the beginning of a house and the end of the previous house.

> HOUSE - One twelfth portion of of the heavens as viewed from the earth is called a House.

> - KP Encyclopedia of Astrology, Pg. 25 & 27

>

> YOU - "So Moon has to be in 10Th house because 10th house starts with SAGITTARIUS: 19: 53: 57 and end at CAPRICORN : 17: 5: 10 means MOON being at CAPRICORN 9: 56: 5 has to be in 10th House so text seems to be correct but the chart shows Moon placed in 11th House! "

>

> Yes Moon placed on the 11th HOUSE of the Zodiac and in the 10th CUSP (Bhawa)

>

> Hope you may be enlighten the fact and solve the confusion.

>

> With Regards

>

> Kalyan

>

>

>

> ____________ _________ _________ __

> babalipk <babalipk@.. .>

> @gro ups.com

> Sun, 21 March, 2010 10:53:48 AM

> Some confusion (Excuse me , I am just a beginner)

>

>

> Hi All,

>

> I am a new member of this forum and this is my first post. After reading some books in traditional astrology it is only recently I started with KP readers .

> I am a bit confused by the charts given those readers, especially the position of planets.

> For example, KP Reader 6 Horary Astrology, (Sep 2009 reprint), Page: 287 Topic: When will I be promoted? Here a chart is given and Moon (9-56) is shown in 11th House but the text description says it is in 10th House.

>

> I prepared the same chart (using the same data) on KP Starone6.6.25 and here are the positions:

>

>

>

> So Moon has to be in 10Th house because 10th house starts with SAGITTARIUS: 19: 53: 57 and end at CAPRICORN : 17: 5: 10 means MOON being at CAPRICORN 9: 56: 5 has to be in 10th House so text seems to be correct but the chart shows Moon placed in 11th House!

>

> I found this type of confusion in many charts; can any body clarify this doubt? Or am I in anyway mixing Cusp and House (Bhava)?

>

> Regards

>

> Baban

>