Trying to work on something if someone has some classical reference for

salt's karaka would be obliged.

Kind regards

Sunil John

Mumbai

Guest guest

|om|

Dear Sir, namaste

Salt (Sodium Chloride) is a chemical and the karaka for chemicals is Shukra (Venus).

best regards

Hari

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 10:56 AM, suniljohn_2002 <suniljohn_2002 wrote:

Om Datta GuruDear Friends,Is Shani the karaka for Salt.Trying to work on something if someone has some classical reference forsalt's karaka would be obliged.Kind regardsSunil JohnMumbai

Guest guest

Om Datta GuruDear Michal,Thanks for ur post. This moon part i am aware of but i was under the impression that there is difference in taste vs product though Salt is created (or atleast was) out of sea water (moon or watery signs comes here).In case you get more specifications on Graha of salt as a product would be obligedThanks anywaysbest wishesSunilsohamsa , Michal Dziwulski <nearmichal wrote:>> Hare Rama Krsna ||> > Dear Sunil,> > BPHS 3.34 states that Chandra rules the salty taste.> > Regards,> Michal> > > > > suniljohn_2002 suniljohn_2002 sohamsa > Saturday, August 9, 2008 5:26:31 PM> Salt Karaka - Shani ?> > > Om Datta Guru> Dear Friends,> Is Shani the karaka for Salt.> Trying to work on something if someone has some classical reference for> salt's karaka would be obliged.> > Kind regards> Sunil John> Mumbai>

Guest guest

Om Namo Bhagavate ParamguraveDear Sunil, NamasteHere are some thoughts on Salt. There are many considerations here and salt embodies many different things so we have to establish what aspect of its use to accordingly place it,

>Element - Salt would embody the earth element, 'Salt Rock' - SW direction according to Vastu>Planet - Salt is a Crystal which is ruled by Moon. >Property - Moon is Jala Tattva, so salty water would best be used in NE as water rules NE direction according to Vastu. This fits in perfectly with Maharishi Parashara proposing in BPHS 3.34 as to the reason why Salty water is ruled by Chandra.

My view is that some things have an inherent property or constitution, but changes the way one uses it.Looking forward to more discusussion on this.Best WishesBipin

2008/8/9 suniljohn_2002 <suniljohn_2002

Om Datta GuruDear Hari,Thanks for ur post, does all chemicals come under Venus ?Warm RegardsSJsohamsa , " Jyotisa Shisya " <achyutagaddi wrote:

>> |om|> Dear Sir, namaste> > Salt (Sodium Chloride) is a chemical and the karaka for chemicals is Shukra> (Venus).> > best regards> Hari> >

> On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 10:56 AM, suniljohn_2002 suniljohn_2002wrote:> > > Om Datta Guru> > Dear Friends,> > Is Shani the karaka for Salt.> > Trying to work on something if someone has some classical reference for

> > salt's karaka would be obliged.> >> > Kind regards> > Sunil John> > Mumbai> > .> >> > > >>

Guest guest

Om Datta GuruDear Brennan, Bipin & Hari,I agree with you hence I had asked Mr Hari, would that then mean that all chemicals come under Venus, which sounds too broad.One of the reasons I was confused with Moon being salty (though as Michal) pointed out its mentioned in BPHS, is the reason Moon is associated with Soma which i guess is sweet nectar but that could be mythology being brought inMargaret George, posted on Jyotish Group forum three shlokas which can indicate Moon as karaka for saltSatyajatakam ch 3 sl 12 The Sun: If the Sun be the karaka and is strongly

placed in the 10th house, the native will be in government service. If Jupiter

aspects such Sun, he will be employed in a temple. If it be with the Moon, he

will be working in the salt department.Saravali ch 7 sl 7-13. PLANET'S RULERSHIPS: The Sun rules snakes, wool, hills,

gold, weapons, poison, fire, medicines, kings. Aryas (or foreigners in general),

river banks, forest, wood and Mantras. The Moon indicates poets, flowers,

eatables, beads, silver, conch, salt, water, arrow, robes, ornaments, females,

ghee, sesamum, oil and sleep. Satyajatakam ch 2 7 Significations: The Moon represents white color, calmness,

watery nature, poets, strong houses, feminine qualities, womanliness, white

trees, trees having milk in them, rope, chain (Pipal etc.), silver, sweet

substances, white silk, cloth, water, lilies, conch, aquatic creatures, salt,

cucumber and plantain trees, bronze, brass, trees growing in watery places,

ornaments worn on head and by youngsters, rice and wheat.

best wishesSunilsohamsa , GWBrennan wrote:>> Dear Sunil,> > If all chemicals are ruled by Venus then basically everything is ruled by > Venus? What is there that is not a chemical? The Venus argument does not seem > to work - or it needs more work.> > Salt covers a range of things. Many substances are included in the concept > of 'salt'. 'The salt of the earth' is a well known expression. Salt is > something essential and to do with earth, so Mercury, who governs mixed tastes, > seems to be important here. The taste the Moon likes is salt, but of course > it would if it is related to Mercury. Venus governs water and water carries > the flavour, or the particles of earth, just as the sea carries the salt. > Saturn's taste is bitter, but salt is not really bitter at all. It is kind of > desirable and essential to life, so I think Mercury is a good candidate here.> > Sorry I don't have any classical sources for salt.> > Regards> > Gordon>

Guest guest

|om|

Dear Jyotisas, namaste

Shukra rules all vehicles (vahana karaka) so perhaps thats too broad.

How then to differentiate whether a person will get a unicycle, bicycle, scooter, motorcycle, car, truck etc?

best regards

Hari

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 5:13 PM, suniljohn_2002 <suniljohn_2002 wrote:

Om Datta GuruDear Brennan, Bipin & Hari,I agree with you hence I had asked Mr Hari, would that then mean that all chemicals come under Venus, which sounds too broad.One of the reasons I was confused with Moon being salty (though as Michal) pointed out its mentioned in BPHS, is the reason Moon is associated with Soma which i guess is sweet nectar but that could be mythology being brought in

Margaret George, posted on Jyotish Group forum three shlokas which can indicate Moon as karaka for saltSatyajatakam ch 3 sl 12 The Sun: If the Sun be the karaka and is strongly

placed in the 10th house, the native will be in government service. If Jupiteraspects such Sun, he will be employed in a temple. If it be with the Moon, hewill be working in the salt department.

Saravali ch 7 sl 7-13. PLANET'S RULERSHIPS: The Sun rules snakes, wool, hills,gold, weapons, poison, fire, medicines, kings. Aryas (or foreigners in general),river banks, forest, wood and Mantras. The Moon indicates poets, flowers,

eatables, beads, silver, conch, salt, water, arrow, robes, ornaments, females,ghee, sesamum, oil and sleep. Satyajatakam ch 2 7 Significations: The Moon represents white color, calmness,

watery nature, poets, strong houses, feminine qualities, womanliness, whitetrees, trees having milk in them, rope, chain (Pipal etc.), silver, sweetsubstances, white silk, cloth, water, lilies, conch, aquatic creatures, salt,

cucumber and plantain trees, bronze, brass, trees growing in watery places,ornaments worn on head and by youngsters, rice and wheat.best wishesSunil sohamsa , GWBrennan wrote:>> Dear Sunil,> > If all chemicals are ruled by Venus then basically everything is ruled by

> Venus? What is there that is not a chemical? The Venus argument does not seem > to work - or it needs more work.> > Salt covers a range of things. Many substances are included in the concept

> of 'salt'. 'The salt of the earth' is a well known expression. Salt is > something essential and to do with earth, so Mercury, who governs mixed tastes, > seems to be important here. The taste the Moon likes is salt, but of course

> it would if it is related to Mercury. Venus governs water and water carries > the flavour, or the particles of earth, just as the sea carries the salt. > Saturn's taste is bitter, but salt is not really bitter at all. It is kind of

> desirable and essential to life, so I think Mercury is a good candidate here.> > Sorry I don't have any classical sources for salt.> > Regards> > Gordon

Guest guest

kleem namah narasimhaaya

Dear Sunil, Namaskar

Its obvious that Salt karaka is Moon. Good work Sunil!

Regards,

Rafal Gendarz / SJC

Teacher

www: http://rohinaa.com /

email:

rafal

suniljohn_2002 pisze:

Om Datta Guru

Dear Brennan, Bipin & Hari,

I agree with you hence I had asked Mr Hari, would that then mean that

all chemicals come under Venus, which sounds too broad.

One of the reasons I was confused with Moon being salty (though as

Michal) pointed out its mentioned in BPHS, is the reason Moon is

associated with Soma which i guess is sweet nectar but that could be

mythology being brought in

Margaret George , posted on Jyotish Group forum three shlokas which can

indicate Moon as karaka for salt

Satyajatakam ch 3 sl 12 The Sun: If the Sun be the karaka and

is strongly

placed in the 10th house, the native will be in government service. If

Jupiter

aspects such Sun, he will be employed in a temple. If it be with

the Moon, he

will be working in the salt department.

Saravali ch 7 sl 7-13. PLANET'S RULERSHIPS: The Sun rules snakes,

wool, hills,

gold, weapons, poison, fire, medicines, kings. Aryas (or foreigners in

general),

river banks, forest, wood and Mantras. The Moon indicates poets,

flowers,

eatables, beads, silver, conch, salt, water, arrow, robes,

ornaments, females,

ghee, sesamum, oil and sleep.

Satyajatakam ch 2 7 Significations : The Moon represents white

color, calmness,

watery nature, poets, strong houses, feminine qualities, womanliness,

white

trees, trees having milk in them, rope, chain (Pipal etc.), silver,

sweet

substances, white silk, cloth, water, lilies, conch, aquatic creatures,

salt,

cucumber and plantain trees, bronze, brass, trees growing in watery

places,

best wishes

Sunil

sohamsa@ .com, GWBrennan@.. . wrote:

>

> Dear Sunil,

>

> If all chemicals are ruled by Venus then basically everything is

ruled by

> Venus? What is there that is not a chemical? The Venus argument

does not seem

> to work - or it needs more work.

>

> Salt covers a range of things. Many substances are included in the

concept

> of 'salt'. 'The salt of the earth' is a well known expression.

Salt is

> something essential and to do with earth, so Mercury, who governs

mixed tastes,

> seems to be important here. The taste the Moon likes is salt, but

of course

> it would if it is related to Mercury. Venus governs water and

water carries

> the flavour, or the particles of earth, just as the sea carries

the salt.

> Saturn's taste is bitter, but salt is not really bitter at all. It

is kind of

> desirable and essential to life, so I think Mercury is a good

candidate here.

>

> Sorry I don't have any classical sources for salt.

>

> Regards

>

> Gordon

>

Guest guest

Om Namo Bhagavate ParamguraveNamaste EveryoneNow that we have established the karaka for salty, could we explore the allocation of planets to the other tastes. According to Ayurveda we have 6 tastes

Sweet - JuSour - VeSalty - MoPungent - SunBitter - ?? must be Sani ruling alchoholic drinks as beer is bitterAstrigent - ?? - Jack Fruit is astrigent and ruled by Rahu I have a bit of a dilemma allocating planets to tastes. Could some knowledgeable on Ayurveda and Jyotish please reconcile the six tastes to those proposed by Parashara in in 3:34 where he lists tastes from the Sun onwards as Pungent, Saline, Bitter, Mixed, Sweet, Aciduous and Astrigent.

Thanks in advance.Best WishesBipin2008/8/9 Bipin Prag <bipinprag

Om Namo Bhagavate Param GuraveDear Gordan, NamasteIm not too sure about Mercury being a good candidate for Salt, well let me rephrase, Mercury may indicate the negative quality of salt. Let me explain.

According to Ayurveda, salt stimulates Kapha and Pitta and weakens Vata. The signs that embody vata are >Gemini (Ruler, Me)>Virgo (Ruler + Air Element, Me)>Libra (Air Element - Me)

>Capricorn (Earth Element - odd one out)>Aquarius (Air Element, Me)With the exception of Capricorn, all the other signs embodying vata have some connection to Mercury, which weakens overall, so I think it would be correct to say that Mercury is only a good candidate to represent the weakening nature of salt.

Im not sure if im on the right track with this and look to others for further guidance in my reasoning.Best WishesBipin2008/8/9 <GWBrennan

Dear Sunil,

If all chemicals are ruled by Venus then basically everything is ruled by Venus? What is there that is not a chemical? The Venus argument does not seem to work - or it needs more work.

Salt covers a range of things. Many substances are included in the concept of 'salt'. 'The salt of the earth' is a well known expression. Salt is something essential and to do with earth, so Mercury, who governs mixed tastes, seems to be important here. The taste the Moon likes is salt, but of course it would if it is related to Mercury. Venus governs water and water carries the flavour, or the particles of earth, just as the sea carries the salt. Saturn's taste is bitter, but salt is not really bitter at all. It is kind of desirable and essential to life, so I think Mercury is a good candidate here.

Sorry I don't have any classical sources for salt.

Regards

Gordon

Guest guest

kleem namah narasimhaaya

Dear Bipin , Namaskar

We should follow Parasara of course: Mangal is bitter; Shani is

Astringent.

Regards,

Rafal Gendarz / SJC

Teacher

email:

rafal

Bipin Prag pisze:

Om Namo Bhagavate Paramgurave

Namaste Everyone

Now that we have established the karaka for salty, could we

explore the allocation of planets to the other tastes. According to

Ayurveda we have 6 tastes

Sweet - Ju

Sour - Ve

Salty - Mo

Pungent - Sun

Bitter - ?? must be Sani ruling alchoholic drinks as beer is bitter

Astrigent - ?? - Jack Fruit is astrigent and ruled by Rahu

I have a bit of a dilemma allocating planets to tastes. Could

some knowledgeable on Ayurveda and Jyotish please reconcile the six

tastes to those proposed by Parashara in in 3:34 where he lists tastes

from the Sun onwards as Pungent, Saline, Bitter, Mixed, Sweet, Aciduous

and Astrigent.

Thanks in advance.

Best Wishes

Bipin

2008/8/9 Bipin Prag <bipinprag (AT) gmail (DOT) com>

Om Namo Bhagavate Param Gurave

Dear Gordan, Namaste

Im not too sure about Mercury being a good candidate for Salt,

well let me rephrase, Mercury may indicate the negative quality of

salt. Let me explain.

According to Ayurveda, salt stimulates Kapha and Pitta and

weakens Vata. The signs that embody vata are

>Gemini (Ruler, Me)

>Virgo (Ruler + Air Element, Me)

>Libra (Air Element - Me)

>Capricorn (Earth Element - odd one out)

>Aquarius (Air Element, Me)

With the exception of Capricorn, all the other signs embodying

vata have some connection to Mercury, which weakens overall, so I think

it would be correct to say that Mercury is only a good candidate to

represent the weakening nature of salt.

Im not sure if im on the right track with this and look to

others for further guidance in my reasoning.

Best Wishes

Bipin

2008/8/9 <GWBrennan (AT) aol (DOT) com>

Dear Sunil,

If all chemicals are ruled by Venus then basically

everything is ruled by Venus? What is there that is not a chemical?

The Venus argument does not seem to work - or it needs more work.

Salt covers a range of things. Many substances are included

in the concept of 'salt'. 'The salt of the earth' is a well known

expression. Salt is something essential and to do with earth, so

Mercury, who governs mixed tastes, seems to be important here. The

taste the Moon likes is salt, but of course it would if it is related

to Mercury. Venus governs water and water carries the flavour, or the

particles of earth, just as the sea carries the salt. Saturn's taste

is bitter, but salt is not really bitter at all. It is kind of

desirable and essential to life, so I think Mercury is a good candidate

here.

Sorry I don't have any classical sources for salt.

Regards

Gordon

Guest guest

Jaya JagannathaDear Bipin,Hare KrishnaParashara in in 3:34 where he lists tastes from the Sun onwards as Pungent, Saline, Bitter, Mixed, Sweet, Aciduous and Astrigent.Thanks in advance.Best WishesBipinfrom the Sun onwards:Pungent - Sun, Saline- Moon, Bitter - Mars, Mixed - Mercury, Sweet - Jupiter, Acidic - Venus and Astringent - Saturn.Note the order of the planets according to days of the week.love,Swee

Guest guest

Om Namo Bhagavate Param GuraveDear Swee, Hare KrishnaIm just sharing my realisation here and consolidating my thoughts.Saline confused me for clear water and I never thought of it as salty (which is obvious). Saline is actually " a liquid with salt concentrate content to match the human body " so this clears that up.

I solved my other mystery of 6 tastes according to ayurveda vs 7 according to Parashara. Its amazing how one can overlook the obvious. What is so special about Jyotish, Ayurveda and Vastu, is that they all perfect sciences, each corroborating and overlapping each other without any ambiguity. Parashara also only talks about 6 tastes, with the 7th being mixed. This is a classic case where one cant just rely on only one science as the others are just as important in bringing things into context. Including a mixed taste and allocating planets makes this complete.

Best WishesBipin2008/8/9 Swee Chan <swee

Jaya JagannathaDear Bipin,Hare Krishna

Parashara in in 3:34 where he lists tastes from the Sun onwards as Pungent, Saline, Bitter, Mixed, Sweet, Aciduous and Astrigent.Thanks in advance.Best WishesBipin

from the Sun onwards:

Pungent - Sun, Saline- Moon, Bitter - Mars, Mixed - Mercury, Sweet - Jupiter, Aci

dic - Venus and Astringent - Saturn.Note the order of the planets according to days of the week.love,Swee

Om Datta GuruDear Bipin,> Im not sure if im on the right track with this and look to others for> further guidance in my reasoning.I think you are on the right track and wonder why u are saying its wrong. I think Mercury has something to do with salt (mixed - Mer) but what exactly i am not able to pin down though ur mail borders on that.I am going to take this salt study a bit seriously and at present i only have Frawleys Ayurvedic Astrolgy, is there any other book or anyone can recommend for Ayurveda & Astrology combined.re the signs that u posted (Ge, Vi) I will make a fresh post for itThanks for ur mail Bipin, it is most appreciatedbest wishesSunilsohamsa , "Bipin Prag" <bipinprag wrote:>> Om Namo Bhagavate Param Gurave> > Dear Gordan, Namaste> > Im not too sure about Mercury being a good candidate for Salt, well let me> rephrase, Mercury may indicate the negative quality of salt. Let me> explain.> > According to Ayurveda, salt stimulates Kapha and Pitta and weakens Vata.> The signs that embody vata are> > >Gemini (Ruler, Me)> > >Virgo (Ruler + Air Element, Me)> > >Libra (Air Element - Me)> > >Capricorn (Earth Element - odd one out)> > >Aquarius (Air Element, Me)> > With the exception of Capricorn, all the other signs embodying vata have> some connection to Mercury, which weakens overall, so I think it would be> correct to say that Mercury is only a good candidate to represent the> weakening nature of salt.> > Im not sure if im on the right track with this and look to others for> further guidance in my reasoning.> > Best Wishes> > Bipin> > 2008/8/9 GWBrennan > > Dear Sunil,> >> > If all chemicals are ruled by Venus then basically everything is ruled by> > Venus? What is there that is not a chemical? The Venus argument does not> > seem to work - or it needs more work.> >> > Salt covers a range of things. Many substances are included in the concept> > of 'salt'. 'The salt of the earth' is a well known expression. Salt is> > something essential and to do with earth, so Mercury, who governs mixed> > tastes, seems to be important here. The taste the Moon likes is salt, but> > of course it would if it is related to Mercury. Venus governs water and> > water carries the flavour, or the particles of earth, just as the sea> > carries the salt. Saturn's taste is bitter, but salt is not really bitter> > at all. It is kind of desirable and essential to life, so I think Mercury> > is a good candidate here.> >> > Sorry I don't have any classical sources for salt.> >> > Regards> >> > Gordon> > > >>

Om Datta Guru

Hi Swee,

You got memory (ref i have Tao of health), which i have been searching

for in my disorganised library since 1 month :)

best wishes

SJ

sohamsa , Swee Chan <swee wrote:

>

> Jaya Jagannatha

>

> Dear Sunil,

> Namaste

>

> Venus rules sour tastes. Jupiter rules the sweet tastes of ghee,

> honey and all sugars - fructose, cane, molasses, malt. In the Tao of

> Health, we are to eat according to the taste of the planets that rule

> the day of the week. I believe you have that book where some of these

> secrets were revealed.

>

> love,

>

> Swee

>

>

> On 9 Aug 2008, at 13:46, suniljohn_2002 wrote:

>

> > Om Datta Guru

> > Dear Mr. Hari,

> > Pls call me sunil.

> > Wouldn't Venus denote more sweet things

> > best wishes

> > Sunil

> >

> >

> > sohamsa , " Jyotisa Shisya " achyutagaddi@

> > wrote:

> > >

> > > **|om|

> > > Dear Sir,

> > >

> > > All chemicals would be governed by Shukra (Venus). Since all

> > chlorides are

> > > hygroscopic (leave them exposed and due to their affinity with

> > water, they

> > > become a liquid solution), I would say that Venus (primary

> > karaka) + Moon

> > > (jala tatva) have some influence in your case study.

> > >

> > > best regards

> > > Hari

> > >

> > >

> > > On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 12:13 PM, suniljohn_2002

> > suniljohn_2002:

> > >

> > > > Om Datta Guru

> > > > Dear Hari,

> > > > Thanks for ur post, does all chemicals come under Venus ?

> > > >

> > > > Warm Regards

> > > > SJ

> > > >

> > > > sohamsa , " Jyotisa Shisya " achyutagaddi@

> > wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > |om|

> > > > > Dear Sir, namaste

> > > > >

> > > > > Salt (Sodium Chloride) is a chemical and the karaka for

> > chemicals is

> > > > Shukra

> > > > > (Venus).

> > > > >

> > > > > best regards

> > > > > Hari

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 10:56 AM, suniljohn_2002

> > suniljohn_2002@:

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > Om Datta Guru

> > > > > > Dear Friends,

> > > > > > Is Shani the karaka for Salt.

> > > > > > Trying to work on something if someone has some classical

> > reference for

> > > > > > salt's karaka would be obliged.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Kind regards

> > > > > > Sunil John

> > > > > > Mumbai

> > > > .

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Hare

Rama Krishna

Dear

Hari,

The

association of Venus with other planets. Venus+Saturn=Bicycle etc.

Best

Regards,

Sarbani

Rath

Home

Page: http://sarbani.com

SJC:

http://.com

Courses:

http://sohamsa.com

Publications:

http://sagittariuspublications.com

sohamsa [sohamsa ] On Behalf Of Jyotisa

Shisya

Saturday, August 09, 2008 5:24 PM

sohamsa

Re: Re: Salt Karaka - Shani ?

|om|

Dear Jyotisas,

namaste

Shukra rules

all vehicles (vahana karaka) so perhaps thats too broad.

How then to

differentiate whether a person will get a unicycle, bicycle, scooter,

motorcycle, car, truck etc?

best regards

Hari

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 5:13 PM, suniljohn_2002 <suniljohn_2002 wrote:

Om Datta Guru

Dear Brennan, Bipin & Hari,

I agree with you hence I had asked Mr Hari, would that then mean that all

chemicals come under Venus, which sounds too broad.

One of the reasons I was confused with Moon being salty (though as Michal)

pointed out its mentioned in BPHS, is the reason Moon is associated with Soma

which i guess is sweet nectar but that could be mythology being brought in

Margaret George, posted on Jyotish Group

forum three shlokas which can indicate Moon as karaka for salt

Satyajatakam ch 3 sl 12 The Sun: If the Sun be the karaka and is

strongly

placed in the 10th house, the native will be in government service. If Jupiter

aspects such Sun, he will be employed in a temple. If

it be with the Moon, he

will be working in the salt department.

Saravali ch 7 sl 7-13. PLANET'S RULERSHIPS: The Sun rules snakes,

wool, hills,

gold, weapons, poison, fire, medicines, kings. Aryas (or foreigners in

general),

river banks, forest, wood and Mantras. The Moon indicates poets, flowers,

eatables, beads, silver, conch, salt,

water, arrow, robes, ornaments, females,

ghee, sesamum, oil and sleep.

Satyajatakam ch 2 7 Significations:

The Moon represents white color, calmness,

watery nature, poets, strong houses, feminine qualities, womanliness, white

trees, trees having milk in them, rope, chain (Pipal etc.), silver, sweet

substances, white silk, cloth, water, lilies, conch, aquatic creatures, salt,

cucumber and plantain trees, bronze, brass, trees growing in watery places,

best wishes

Sunil

sohamsa ,

GWBrennan wrote:

>

> Dear Sunil,

>

> If all chemicals are ruled by Venus then basically everything is ruled by

> Venus? What is there that is not a chemical? The Venus argument does not

seem

> to work - or it needs more work.

>

> Salt covers a range of things. Many substances are included in the concept

> of 'salt'. 'The salt of the earth' is a well known expression. Salt is

> something essential and to do with earth, so Mercury, who governs mixed

tastes,

> seems to be important here. The taste the Moon likes is salt, but of

course

> it would if it is related to Mercury. Venus governs water and water

carries

> the flavour, or the particles of earth, just as the sea carries the salt.

> Saturn's taste is bitter, but salt is not really bitter at all. It is kind

of

> desirable and essential to life, so I think Mercury is a good candidate

here.

>

> Sorry I don't have any classical sources for salt.

>

> Regards

>

> Gordon

Error! Filename not specified.

Om Namo Bhagavate Param GuraveDear Sunil, NamasteCharaka Samhita from my limited knowledge is one of the best authorative texts on Ayurveda. Looking back at my notes, the section entitled Chikitsa which covers holistic medicine is a good place to discover information on the tastes. In fact, if memory serves me correct, each taste is made up of two elements, so this could help linking to planets.

Please do share your findings on this to consolidate our understandingBest WishesBipin2008/8/10 suniljohn_2002 <suniljohn_2002

Om Datta GuruDear Bipin,> Im not sure if im on the right track with this and look to others for> further guidance in my reasoning.

I think you are on the right track and wonder why u are saying its wrong. I think Mercury has something to do with salt (mixed - Mer) but what exactly i am not able to pin down though ur mail borders on that.

I am going to take this salt study a bit seriously and at present i only have Frawleys Ayurvedic Astrolgy, is there any other book or anyone can recommend for Ayurveda & Astrology combined.re the signs that u posted (Ge, Vi) I will make a fresh post for it

Thanks for ur mail Bipin, it is most appreciatedbest wishesSunilsohamsa , " Bipin Prag " <bipinprag wrote:

>> Om Namo Bhagavate Param Gurave> > Dear Gordan, Namaste> >

Im not too sure about Mercury being a good candidate for Salt, well let me> rephrase, Mercury may indicate the negative quality of salt. Let me> explain.> > According to Ayurveda, salt stimulates Kapha and Pitta and weakens Vata.

> The signs that embody vata are> > >Gemini (Ruler, Me)> > >Virgo (Ruler + Air Element, Me)> > >Libra (Air Element - Me)> > >Capricorn (Earth Element - odd one out)

> > >Aquarius (Air Element, Me)> > With the exception of Capricorn, all the other signs embodying vata have> some connection to Mercury, which weakens overall, so I think it would be> correct to say that Mercury is only a good candidate to represent the

> weakening nature of salt.> > Im not sure if im on the right track with this and look to others for> further guidance in my reasoning.> > Best Wishes

> > Bipin> > 2008/8/9 GWBrennan > > Dear Sunil,> >> > If all chemicals are ruled by Venus then basically everything is ruled by

> > Venus? What is there that is not a chemical? The Venus argument does not> > seem to work - or it needs more work.> >> > Salt covers a range of things. Many substances are included in the concept

> > of 'salt'. 'The salt of the earth' is a well known expression. Salt is> > something essential and to do with earth, so Mercury, who governs mixed> > tastes, seems to be important here. The taste the Moon likes is salt, but

> > of course it would if it is related to Mercury. Venus governs water and> > water carries the flavour, or the particles of earth, just as the sea> > carries the salt. Saturn's taste is bitter, but salt is not really bitter

> > at all. It i

s kind of desirable and essential to life, so I think Mercury> > is a good candidate here.> >> > Sorry I don't have any classical sources for salt.> >> > Regards

> >> > Gordon> > > >>

Om Namo Bhagavate Param GuraveDear Rafal, NamsteThanks a lot for sharing your notes.I found the notes to tattvas making up the rasas. Could you please check these incase i wrote it down wrong.

sweet (earth + water)sour (earth + fire)salty (fire + water)pungent (air + fire)bitter (air + ether)astrigent (air + earth)Best WishesBipin

Jaya JagannathaDear Bipin,Hare KrishnaPlease give the exact reference as I have my books here with me. I looked up the section from Chikitsa and the sutras thus far, talks about the physician. Perhaps it is in another volume? I have found discussions between Agnivesa and Bhagavan Atri in a latter more to do with rasas and tattvas. Will look up more when I find some more time.love,SweeOn 10 Aug 2008, at 15:02, Bipin Prag wrote:Om Namo Bhagavate Param GuraveDear Sunil, NamasteCharaka Samhita from my limited knowledge is one of the best authorative texts on Ayurveda.  Looking back at my notes, the section entitled Chikitsa which covers holistic medicine is a good place to discover information on the tastes.  In fact, if memory serves me correct, each taste is made up of two elements, so this could help linking to planets.Please do share your findings on this to consolidate our understandingBest WishesBipin2008/8/10 suniljohn_2002 <suniljohn_2002Om Datta GuruDear Bipin,> Im not sure if im on the right track with this and look to others for> further guidance in my reasoning.I think you are on the right track and wonder why u are saying its wrong. I think Mercury has something to do with salt (mixed - Mer) but what exactly i am not able to pin down though ur mail borders on that.I am going to take this salt study a bit seriously and at present i only have Frawleys Ayurvedic Astrolgy, is there any other book or anyone can recommend for Ayurveda & Astrology combined.re the signs that u posted (Ge, Vi) I will make a fresh post for itThanks for ur mail Bipin, it is most appreciatedbest wishesSunil--- In sohamsa , "Bipin Prag" <bipinprag wrote:>> Om Namo Bhagavate Param Gurave> > Dear Gordan, Namaste> > Im not too sure about Mercury being a good candidate for Salt, well let me> rephrase, Mercury may indicate the negative quality of salt. Let me> explain.> > According to Ayurveda, salt stimulates Kapha and Pitta and weakens Vata.> The signs that embody vata are> > >Gemini (Ruler, Me)> > >Virgo (Ruler + Air Element, Me)> > >Libra (Air Element - Me)> > >Capricorn (Earth Element - odd one out)> > >Aquarius (Air Element, Me)> > With the exception of Capricorn, all the other signs embodying vata have> some connection to Mercury, which weakens overall, so I think it would be> correct to say that Mercury is only a good candidate to represent the> weakening nature of salt.> > Im not sure if im on the right track with this and look to others for> further guidance in my reasoning.> > Best Wishes > > Bipin> > 2008/8/9 GWBrennan > > Dear Sunil,> >> > If all chemicals are ruled by Venus then basically everything is ruled by> > Venus? What is there that is not a chemical? The Venus argument does not> > seem to work - or it needs more work.> >> > Salt covers a range of things. Many substances are included in the concept> > of 'salt'. 'The salt of the earth' is a well known expression. Salt is> > something essential and to do with earth, so Mercury, who governs mixed> > tastes, seems to be important here. The taste the Moon likes is salt, but> > of course it would if it is related to Mercury. Venus governs water and> > water carries the flavour, or the particles of earth, just as the sea> > carries the salt. Saturn's taste is bitter, but salt is not really bitter> > at all. It i s kind of desirable and essential to life, so I think Mercury> > is a good candidate here.> >> > Sorry I don't have any classical sources for salt.> >> > Regards> >> > Gordon> > > >>

Om Namo Bhagavate Param GuraveDear Swee, Hare KrishnaAll I recorded at the workshop I attended was the section and Samhita, the exact sloka was not given. Im considering ordering this Charaka Samhita for my use.

Best WishesBipin2008/8/11 Swee Chan <swee

Jaya JagannathaDear Bipin,Hare KrishnaPlease give the exact reference as I have my books here with me. I looked up the section from Chikitsa and the sutras thus far, talks about the physician. Perhaps it is in another volume? I have found discussions between Agnivesa and Bhagavan Atri in a latter more to do with rasas and tattvas. Will look up more when I find some more time.

love,SweeOn 10 Aug 2008, at 15:02, Bipin Prag wrote:

Om Namo Bhagavate Param GuraveDear Sunil, NamasteCharaka Samhita from my limited knowledge is one of the best authorative texts on Ayurveda. Looking back at my notes, the section entitled Chikitsa which covers holistic medicine is a good place to discover information on the tastes. In fact, if memory serves me correct, each taste is made up of two elements, so this could help linking to planets.

Please do share your findings on this to consolidate our understandingBest WishesBipin2008/8/10 suniljohn_2002 <suniljohn_2002

Om Datta Guru

Dear Bipin,> Im not sure if im on the right track with this and look to others for> further guidance in my reasoning.I think you are on the right track and wonder why u are saying its wrong. I think Mercury has something to do with salt (mixed - Mer) but what exactly i am not able to pin down though ur mail borders on that.

I am going to take this salt study a bit seriously and at present i only have Frawleys Ayurvedic Astrolgy, is there any other book or anyone can recommend for Ayurveda & Astrology combined.re the signs that u posted (Ge, Vi) I will make a fresh post for it

Thanks for ur mail Bipin, it is most appreciatedbest wishesSunilsohamsa , " Bipin Prag " <bipinprag wrote:

>> Om Namo Bhagavate Param Gurave> > Dear Gordan, Namaste> > Im not too sure about Mercury being a good candidate for Salt, well let me> rephrase, Mercury may indicate the negative quality of salt. Let me

> explain.> > According to Ayurveda, salt stimulates Kapha and Pitta and weakens Vata.> The signs that embody vata are> > >Gemini (Ruler, Me)>

> >Virgo (Ruler + Air Element, Me)> > >Libra (Air Element - Me)> > >Capricorn (Earth Element - odd one out)> > >Aquarius (Air Element, Me)

> > With the exception of Capricorn, all the other signs embodying vata have> some connection to Mercury, which weakens overall, so I think it would be> correct to say that Mercury is only a good candidate to represent the

> weakening nature of salt.> > Im not sure if im on the right track with this and look to others for> further guidance in my reasoning.> > Best Wishes

> > Bipin> > 2008/8/9 GWBrennan > > Dear Sunil,> >> > If all chemicals are ruled by Venus then basically everything is ruled by

> > Venus? What is there that is not a chemical? The Venus argument does not> > seem to work - or it needs more work.> >> > Salt covers a range of things. Many substances are included in the concept

> > of 'salt'. 'The salt of the earth' is a well known expression. Salt is> > something essential and to do with earth, so Mercury, who governs mixed> > tastes, seems to be important here. The taste the Moon likes is salt, but

> > of course it would if it is related to Mercury. Venus governs water and> > water carries the flavour, or the particles of earth, just as the sea> > carries the salt. Saturn's taste is bitter, but salt is not really bitter

> > at all. It i s kind of desirable and essential to life, so I think Mercury> > is a good candidate here.> >> > Sorry I don't have any classical sources for salt.> >

> > Regards> >> > Gordon> > > >>

Om Datta Guru

Dear Bipin,

Noted ur file (got ur jhd), and thanks for the mail

re Charak Samhita, does it give clue on astrology i mean does it relate

astrology in any particular chapter.

I think the study will take some time and if i find something meaningful

(I am on to something but its tough to pin it now) i will surely share

it with you as you put me on to some other track for which i am grateful

best wishes

Sunil

sohamsa , " Bipin Prag " <bipinprag wrote:

>

> Om Namo Bhagavate Param Gurave

>

> Dear Sunil, Namaste

>

> Charaka Samhita from my limited knowledge is one of the best

authorative

> texts on Ayurveda. Looking back at my notes, the section entitled

Chikitsa

> which covers holistic medicine is a good place to discover information

on

> the tastes. In fact, if memory serves me correct, each taste is made

up of

> two elements, so this could help linking to planets.

>

> Please do share your findings on this to consolidate our understanding

>

> Best Wishes

>

> Bipin

>

> 2008/8/10 suniljohn_2002 suniljohn_2002

>

> > Om Datta Guru

> > Dear Bipin,

> >

> > > Im not sure if im on the right track with this and look to others

for

> > > further guidance in my reasoning.

> >

> > I think you are on the right track and wonder why u are saying its

wrong. I

> > think Mercury has something to do with salt (mixed - Mer) but what

exactly i

> > am not able to pin down though ur mail borders on that.

> >

> > I am going to take this salt study a bit seriously and at present i

only

> > have Frawleys Ayurvedic Astrolgy, is there any other book or anyone

can

> > recommend for Ayurveda & Astrology combined.

> >

> > re the signs that u posted (Ge, Vi) I will make a fresh post for it

> >

> > Thanks for ur mail Bipin, it is most appreciated

> >

> > best wishes

> > Sunil

> > sohamsa , " Bipin Prag " bipinprag@ wrote:

> > >

> > > Om Namo Bhagavate Param Gurave

> > >

> > > Dear Gordan, Namaste

> > >

> > > Im not too sure about Mercury being a good candidate for Salt,

well let

> > me

> > > rephrase, Mercury may indicate the negative quality of salt. Let

me

> > > explain.

> > >

> > > According to Ayurveda, salt stimulates Kapha and Pitta and weakens

Vata.

> > > The signs that embody vata are

> > >

> > > >Gemini (Ruler, Me)

> > >

> > > >Virgo (Ruler + Air Element, Me)

> > >

> > > >Libra (Air Element - Me)

> > >

> > > >Capricorn (Earth Element - odd one out)

> > >

> > > >Aquarius (Air Element, Me)

> > >

> > > With the exception of Capricorn, all the other signs embodying

vata have

> > > some connection to Mercury, which weakens overall, so I think it

would be

> > > correct to say that Mercury is only a good candidate to represent

the

> > > weakening nature of salt.

> > >

for

> > >

> > > Best Wishes

> > >

> > > Bipin

> > >

> > > 2008/8/9 GWBrennan@

> > >

> > > > Dear Sunil,

> > > >

> > > > If all chemicals are ruled by Venus then basically everything is

ruled

> > by

> > > > Venus? What is there that is not a chemical? The Venus argument

does

> > not

> > > > seem to work - or it needs more work.

> > > >

> > > > Salt covers a range of things. Many substances are included in

the

> > concept

> > > > of 'salt'. 'The salt of the earth' is a well known expression.

Salt is

> > > > something essential and to do with earth, so Mercury, who

governs mixed

> > > > tastes, seems to be important here. The taste the Moon likes is

salt,

> > but

> > > > of course it would if it is related to Mercury. Venus governs

water and

> > > > water carries the flavour, or the particles of earth, just as

the sea

> > > > carries the salt. Saturn's taste is bitter, but salt is not

really

> > bitter

> > > > at all. It i s kind of desirable and essential to life, so I

think

> > Mercury

> > > > is a good candidate here.

> > > >

> > > > Sorry I don't have any classical sources for salt.

> > > >

> > > > Regards

> > > >

> > > > Gordon

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Om Namo Bhagavate ParamguraveDear Sunil, NamasteFrom my brief attempt at researching and reading some Puranas, ive found that the ancient texts often dont refer directly to the subject matter. One has to link things together as there are many secrets imbedded in them.

I dont have direct reference from Charaka Samhita, but the understanding is like this. Like I was saying before, Jyotish, Ayurveda and Vastu are all perfect sciences, each with their own diagnostic tools and remedies, but all working in perfect harmony together. Sometimes the texts dont have to explicitly link to astrology - After All, tattva is tattva and never changes.

If we use this as a given then one should be able to take information from the one science to corroborate with the other. We used a classic application of this earlier where BPHS supported and nicely clarified the dilemma I had with the 6 tastes.

Please do ask our Purani Shastri, Sweeji - she has a very extensive knowledge accross many of the Puranas that she has learnt and researched - im sure she may be able to clarify some gaps in your research.

One other thing, over the thousands of years many ancient texts have been lost so sometimes we wont find a text or reference we are looking for. (India has been under collonial rule for over 1100 years and they destroyed a lot - this is another subject all together.) The one thing that we do have is an unbroken tradition, often going back to thousands of years in some paramparas and guidance from Guru can be taken as reference, so I would suggest seeking a lineage of Ayurvedic Astrologers - if there is such a thing - someone expert at both to help out with what you are are looking for.

Good Luck with your research and please do keep in touch.Best Wishes

Bipin 2008/8/11 suniljohn_2002 <suniljohn_2002

Om Datta Guru

Dear Bipin,

best wishes

Sunil

>

>

> Dear Sunil, Namaste

>

authorative

Chikitsa

> which covers holistic medicine is a good place to discover information

on

> the tastes. In fact, if memory serves me correct, each taste is made

up of

>

> Please do share your findings on this to consolidate our understanding

>

> Best Wishes

>

> Bipin

>

> 2008/8/10 suniljohn_2002 suniljohn_2002

>

> > Om Datta Guru

> > Dear Bipin,

> >

for

> >

> > I think you are on the right track and wonder why u are saying its

wrong. I

> > think Mercury has something to do with salt (mixed - Mer) but what

exactly i

> >

> > I am going to take this salt study a bit seriously and at present i

only

> > have Frawleys Ayurvedic Astrolgy, is there any other book or anyone

can

> >

> > re the signs that u posted (Ge, Vi) I will make a fresh post for it

> >

> >

> > best wishes

> > Sunil

> > sohamsa , " Bipin Prag " bipinprag@ wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Im not too sure about Mercury being a good candidate for Salt,

well let

> > me

> > > rephrase, Mercury may indicate the negative quality of salt. Let

me

> > > explain.

> > >

> > > According to Ayurveda, salt stimulates Kapha and Pitta and weakens

Vata.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > With the exception of Capricorn, all the other signs embodying

vata have

> > > some connection to Mercury, which weakens overall, so I think it

would be

> > > correct to say that Mercury is only a good candidate to represent

the

> > >

for

> > >

> > > Best Wishes

> > >

> > > Bipin

> > >

> > >

> > > > Dear Sunil,

> > > >

> > > > If all chemicals are ruled by Venus then basically everything is

ruled

> > by

> > > > Venus? What is there that is not a chemical? The Venus argument

does

> > not

> > > >

> > > > Salt covers a range of things. Many substances are included in

the

> > concept

> > > > of 'salt'. 'The salt of the earth' is a well known expression.

Salt is

> > > > something essential and to do with earth, so Mercury, who

governs mixed

> > > > tastes, seems to be important here. The taste the Moon likes is

salt,

> > but

> > > > of course it would if it is related to Mercury. Venus governs

water and

> > > > water carries the flavour, or the particles of earth, just as

the sea

> > > > carries the salt. Saturn's taste is bitter, but salt is not

really

> > bitter

> > > > at all. It i s kind of desirable and essential to life, so I

think

> > Mercury

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Regards

> > > >

> > > > Gordon

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Om namo Bhagavate ParamguraveDear Sunil, NamasteI agree - everything is God's code. One of the problems we often have is to use rules from one paradigm to explain another paradigm and the 'sacred sciences' do require lots of siddhi and in order to make the realisations of God's code one needs to develop good saddhana.

Phew! its gonna take me a few lifetimes to get there.Best WishesBipin2008/8/11 suniljohn_2002 <suniljohn_2002

Om Datta Guru

Dear Bipin,

Yes the sciences are perfect but not in our current form where its far

far from being perfect. Actually i have a personal view that all this is

not a science just a form of Gods code and we are only trying to decode

it (calling it astrology), there is a huge yet subtle difference here if

u see.

Anyways, i am on to some people and still thinking further

Thanks for ur post (just behind mails so pls dont mind small reply)

I thank everyone for their reply and soon i will be off lists again

best wishes

Sunil

>

> Om Namo Bhagavate Paramgurave

> Dear Sunil, Namaste

> From my brief attempt at researching and reading some Puranas, ive

found

> that the ancient texts often dont refer directly to the subject

matter. One

> has to link things together as there are many secrets imbedded in

them.

> I dont have direct reference from Charaka Samhita, but the

understanding is

> like this. Like I was saying before, Jyotish, Ayurveda and Vastu are

all

> perfect sciences, each with their own diagnostic tools and remedies,

but all

> working in perfect harmony together. Sometimes the texts dont have to

> explicitly link to astrology - After All, tattva is tattva and never

> changes.

> If we use this as a given then one should be able to take information

from

> the one science to corroborate with the other. We used a classic

> application of this earlier where BPHS supported and nicely clarified

the

> dilemma I had with the 6 tastes.

> Please do ask our Purani Shastri, Sweeji - she has a very extensive

> knowledge accross many of the Puranas that she has learnt and

researched -

> im sure she may be able to clarify some gaps in your research.

> One other thing, over the thousands of years many ancient texts have

been

> lost so sometimes we wont find a text or reference we are looking for.

> (India has been under collonial rule for over 1100 years and they

destroyed

> a lot - this is another subject all together.) The one thing that we

do

> have is an unbroken tradition, often going back to thousands of years

in

> some paramparas and guidance from Guru can be taken as reference, so I

would

> suggest seeking a lineage of Ayurvedic Astrologers - if there is such

a

> thing - someone expert at both to help out with what you are are

looking

> for.

> Good Luck with your research and please do keep in touch.

> Best Wishes

> Bipin

>

> 2008/8/11 suniljohn_2002 suniljohn_2002

>

> > Om Datta Guru

> > Dear Bipin,

> > Noted ur file (got ur jhd), and thanks for the mail

> >

> > re Charak Samhita, does it give clue on astrology i mean does it

relate

> > astrology in any particular chapter.

> >

> > I think the study will take some time and if i find something

meaningful

> > (I am on to something but its tough to pin it now) i will surely

> > it with you as you put me on to some other track for which i am

grateful

> >

> > best wishes

> > Sunil

> >

> > sohamsa <sohamsa%40>, " Bipin

Prag "

> > bipinprag@ wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > > Dear Sunil, Namaste

> > >

> > > Charaka Samhita from my limited knowledge is one of the best

> > authorative

> > > texts on Ayurveda. Looking back at my notes, the section entitled

> > Chikitsa

> > > which covers holistic medicine is a good place to discover

information

> > on

> > > the tastes. In fact, if memory serves me correct, each taste is

made

> > up of

> > > two elements, so this could help linking to planets.

> > >

> > > Please do share your findings on this to consolidate our

understanding

> > >

> > > Best Wishes

> > >

> > > Bipin

> > >

> > > 2008/8/10 suniljohn_2002 suniljohn_2002@

> > >

> > > > Om Datta Guru

> > > > Dear Bipin,

> > > >

> > > > > Im not sure if im on the right track with this and look to

others

> > for

> > > > > further guidance in my reasoning.

> > > >

> > > > I think you are on the right track and wonder why u are saying

its

> > wrong. I

> > > > think Mercury has something to do with salt (mixed - Mer) but

what

> > exactly i

> > > > am not able to pin down though ur mail borders on that.

> > > >

> > > > I am going to take this salt study a bit seriously and at

present i

> > only

> > > > have Frawleys Ayurvedic Astrolgy, is there any other book or

anyone

> > can

> > > > recommend for Ayurveda & Astrology combined.

> > > >

> > > > re the signs that u posted (Ge, Vi) I will make a fresh post for

it

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for ur mail Bipin, it is most appreciated

> > > >

> > > > best wishes

> > > > Sunil

> > > > sohamsa <sohamsa%40>,

" Bipin

> > Prag " bipinprag@ wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > Om Namo Bhagavate Param Gurave

> > > > >

> > > > > Dear Gordan, Namaste

> > > > >

> > > > > Im not too sure about Mercury being a good candidate for Salt,

> > well let

> > > > me

> > > > > rephrase, Mercury may indicate the negative quality of salt.

Let

> > me

> > > > > explain.

> > > > >

> > > > > According to Ayurveda, salt stimulates Kapha and Pitta and

weakens

> > Vata.

> > > > > The signs that embody vata are

> > > > >

> > > > > >Gemini (Ruler, Me)

> > > > >

> > > > > >Virgo (Ruler + Air Element, Me)

> > > > >

> > > > > >Libra (Air Element - Me)

> > > > >

> > > > > >Capricorn (Earth Element - odd one out)

> > > > >

> > > > > >Aquarius (Air Element, Me)

> > > > >

> > > > > With the exception of Capricorn, all the other signs embodying

> > vata have

> > > > > some connection to Mercury, which weakens overall, so I think

it

> > would be

> > > > > correct to say that Mercury is only a good candidate to

represent

> > the

> > > > > weakening nature of salt.

> > > > >

> > > > > Im not sure if im on the right track with this and look to

others

> > for

> > > > > further guidance in my reasoning.

> > > > >

> > > > > Best Wishes

> > > > >

> > > > > Bipin

> > > > >

> > > > > 2008/8/9 GWBrennan@

> > > > >

> > > > > > Dear Sunil,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If all chemicals are ruled by Venus then basically

everything is

> > ruled

> > > > by

> > > > > > Venus? What is there that is not a chemical? The Venus

argument

> > does

> > > > not

> > > > > > seem to work - or it needs more work.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Salt covers a range of things. Many substances are included

in

> > the

> > > > concept

> > > > > > of 'salt'. 'The salt of the earth' is a well known

expression.

> > Salt is

> > > > > > something essential and to do with earth, so Mercury, who

> > governs mixed

> > > > > > tastes, seems to be important here. The taste the Moon likes

is

> > salt,

> > > > but

> > > > > > of course it would if it is related to Mercury. Venus

governs

> > water and

> > > > > > water carries the flavour, or the particles of earth, just

as

> > the sea

> > > > > > carries the salt. Saturn's taste is bitter, but salt is not

> > really

> > > > bitter

> > > > > > at all. It i s kind of desirable and essential to life, so I

> > think

> > > > Mercury

> > > > > > is a good candidate here.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sorry I don't have any classical sources for salt.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Regards

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Gordon

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

kleem namah narasimhaaya

Dear Sunil , Namaskar

Every Ayurveda classic (including Charaka) deals with Muhurta in the

chapter of conception so there is direct relation. Charaka deals with

Sankhya, Yoga, Jyotish, Vedanta etc

Regards,

Rafal Gendarz / SJC

Teacher

email:

rafal

suniljohn_2002 pisze:

Om Datta Guru

Dear Bipin,

best wishes

Sunil

sohamsa@ .com,

"Bipin Prag" <bipinprag@. ..> wrote:

>

>

> Dear Sunil, Namaste

>

authorative

Chikitsa

> which covers holistic medicine is a good place to discover

information

on

> the tastes. In fact, if memory serves me correct, each taste is

made

up of

>

> Please do share your findings on this to consolidate our

understanding

>

> Best Wishes

>

> Bipin

>

> 2008/8/10 suniljohn_2002 suniljohn_2002@ ...

>

> > Om Datta Guru

> > Dear Bipin,

> >

> > > Im not sure if im on the right track with this and look

to others

for

> >

> > I think you are on the right track and wonder why u are

saying its

wrong. I

> > think Mercury has something to do with salt (mixed - Mer) but

what

exactly i

> >

> > I am going to take this salt study a bit seriously and at

present i

only

> > have Frawleys Ayurvedic Astrolgy, is there any other book or

anyone

can

> >

> > re the signs that u posted (Ge, Vi) I will make a fresh post

for it

> >

> >

> > best wishes

> > Sunil

> > sohamsa@ .com,

"Bipin Prag" bipinprag@ wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Im not too sure about Mercury being a good candidate for

Salt,

well let

> > me

> > > rephrase, Mercury may indicate the negative quality of

salt. Let

me

> > > explain.

> > >

> > > According to Ayurveda, salt stimulates Kapha and Pitta

and weakens

Vata.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > With the exception of Capricorn, all the other signs

embodying

vata have

> > > some connection to Mercury, which weakens overall, so I

think it

would be

> > > correct to say that Mercury is only a good candidate to

represent

the

> > >

> > > Im not sure if im on the right track with this and look

to others

for

> > >

> > > Best Wishes

> > >

> > > Bipin

> > >

> > >

> > > > Dear Sunil,

> > > >

> > > > If all chemicals are ruled by Venus then basically

everything is

ruled

> > by

> > > > Venus? What is there that is not a chemical? The

Venus argument

does

> > not

> > > >

> > > > Salt covers a range of things. Many substances are

included in

the

> > concept

> > > > of 'salt'. 'The salt of the earth' is a well known

expression.

Salt is

> > > > something essential and to do with earth, so

Mercury, who

governs mixed

> > > > tastes, seems to be important here. The taste the

Moon likes is

salt,

> > but

> > > > of course it would if it is related to Mercury.

Venus governs

water and

> > > > water carries the flavour, or the particles of

earth, just as

the sea

> > > > carries the salt. Saturn's taste is bitter, but

salt is not

really

> > bitter

> > > > at all. It i s kind of desirable and essential to

life, so I

think

> > Mercury

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Regards

> > > >

> > > > Gordon

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>