IndiaDivine.org

CHARAN SPARSH OBEISANCE

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Adarniya Narasimha Guruji Namaste,

I had arranged for the first time Chandi Homam at my house on Friday. The Brahmin priest did a excellent pooja. During Durga swaroopini Kanya(small girl 7 years old) poojan I asked her to take her feet out so that I could touch the her feet with my forehead to offer my obeisance & I normally do touch the feet with my fore head during the Namaskar. The Brahmin Pujari prevented me from touching the feet of girl as well as his feet with my forehead saying that if a person touches the feet of a guru/elder with forehead all the punya of the Guru/Elder will transfer to me & incase the Guru keeps his hand on my head all his sins will be transfered to me. Please shed light on this

Regards

Vinayak P Tandle

Om Gurave Namah

Namasthe Vinyak,

Please see the below link, my be this explains:

http://srath.com/om/index.php?

option=com_content & view=article & id=161:ganesha-

chaturthi & catid=100:sriganesha & Itemid=145

" The head/intelligence of any creature or God is symbolic of the Guru

(Brihaspati/Jupiter) and is to be respected. If any person on

creature puts his feet on the head of another person or creature, he

takes away one-sixth of the sins. This principle is followed in

Diksha where the Guru places his feet on the head of the Sisya and

takes away one-sixth of the sins of the latter.

"

Srinivasa

sohamsa , vinayak tandle <vinayakmechie

wrote:

>

>

> Adarniya Narasimha Guruji Namaste,

>  

> I had arranged for the first time Chandi Homam at my house on

Friday. The Brahmin priest did a excellent pooja. During Durga

swaroopini Kanya(small girl 7 years old) poojan I asked her to take

her feet out so that I could touch the her feet with my forehead to

offer my obeisance & I normally do touch the feet with my fore head

during the Namaskar. The Brahmin Pujari prevented me from touching

the feet of girl as well as his feet with my forehead saying that if

a person touches the feet of a guru/elder with forehead all the punya

of the Guru/Elder will transfer to me & incase the Guru keeps his

hand on my head all his sins will be transfered to me. Please shed

light on this

>  

> Regards

>  

> Vinayak P Tandle

>

Adarniya Srinivasa Guruji Namaste,

May you please repaste the link & mention which topic to read in the webpage.

Thankyou

Regards--- On Sun, 10/12/08, padmanu <padmanu wrote:

padmanu <padmanu Re: CHARAN SPARSH OBEISANCEsohamsa Date: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 11:22 AM

Om Gurave NamahNamasthe Vinyak,Please see the below link, my be this explains:http://srath. com/om/index. php?option=com_content & view=article & id=161:ganesha-chaturthi & catid= 100:sriganesha & Itemid=145"The head/intelligence of any creature or God is symbolic of the Guru (Brihaspati/ Jupiter) and is to be respected. If any person on creature puts his feet on the head of another person or creature, he takes away one-sixth of the sins. This principle is followed in Diksha where the Guru places his feet on the head of the Sisya and takes away one-sixth of the sins of the latter."Srinivasasohamsa@ .com, vinayak tandle <vinayakmechie@ ...> wrote:>> > Adarniya Narasimha

Guruji Namaste,> > I had arranged for the first time Chandi Homam at my house on Friday. The Brahmin priest did a excellent pooja. During Durga swaroopini Kanya(small girl 7 years old) poojan I asked her to take her feet out so that I could touch the her feet with my forehead to offer my obeisance & I normally do touch the feet with my fore head during the Namaskar. The Brahmin Pujari prevented me from touching the feet of girl as well as his feet with my forehead saying that if a person touches the feet of a guru/elder with forehead all the punya of the Guru/Elder will transfer to me & incase the Guru keeps his hand on my head all his sins will be transfered to me. Please shed light on this> > Regards> > Vinayak P Tandle>

Om Gurave Namah

Namasthe Vinayak

Please dont address me as a guruji, I am just a fly on the wall in this discussion group.

Copy and paste the URL below in a single line without whitespaces on the browser or

you can follow http://www.srath.com -> Light Brown Menu Bar -> Spirituality -> Panchdevata -> Ganesha -> Chaturthi

HTH

Srinivasa--- On Sun, 10/12/08, vinayak tandle <vinayakmechie wrote:

vinayak tandle <vinayakmechieRe: Re: CHARAN SPARSH OBEISANCEsohamsa Date: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 1:37 AM

Adarniya Srinivasa Guruji Namaste,

May you please repaste the link & mention which topic to read in the webpage.

Thankyou

Regards--- On Sun, 10/12/08, padmanu <padmanu > wrote:

padmanu <padmanu > Re: CHARAN SPARSH OBEISANCEsohamsa@ .comSunday, October 12, 2008, 11:22 AM

Om Gurave NamahNamasthe Vinyak,Please see the below link, my be this explains:http://srath. com/om/index. php?option=com_content & view=article & id=161:ganesha-chaturthi & catid= 100:sriganesha & Itemid=145"The head/intelligence of any creature or God is symbolic of the Guru (Brihaspati/ Jupiter) and is to be respected. If any person on creature puts his feet on the head of another person or creature, he takes away one-sixth of the sins. This principle is followed in Diksha where the Guru places his feet on the head of the Sisya and takes away one-sixth of the sins of the latter."Srinivasasohamsa@ .com, vinayak tandle <vinayakmechie@ ...> wrote:>> > Adarniya Narasimha

Guruji Namaste,> > I had arranged for the first time Chandi Homam at my house on Friday. The Brahmin priest did a excellent pooja. During Durga swaroopini Kanya(small girl 7 years old) poojan I asked her to take her feet out so that I could touch the her feet with my forehead to offer my obeisance & I normally do touch the feet with my fore head during the Namaskar. The Brahmin Pujari prevented me from touching the feet of girl as well as his feet with my forehead saying that if a person touches the feet of a guru/elder with forehead all the punya of the Guru/Elder will transfer to me & incase the Guru keeps his hand on my head all his sins will be transfered to me. Please shed light on this> > Regards> > Vinayak P

Tandle>