IndiaDivine.org

Karvachauth- Significance?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste FriendsI am aware of chauth and importance of keeping fasts. Can anyone elaborate on the importance of Karthik month chauth and references to it in Puranas or other texts? Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Thanks and RegardsBharat

Namaste,The under noted link may throw some informations:http://www.festivalsinindia.net/karwa-chauth/legends.htmlRegards,D.Sathiyanarayana GuptaBharat - Hindu Astrology <astrologyhindu wrote: Namaste FriendsI am aware of chauth and importance of keeping fasts. Can anyone elaborate on the importance of Karthik month chauth and references to it in Puranas or other texts? Any help in this regard will be appreciated. Thanks and RegardsBharat

Namaste Sri Gupta and FriendsI have read that article and I am not looking for legends. I need astrological/astronomical reasons for this fast. Generally, chauths, ekadashi and chaturdashi fasts are suggested and worship of their tutelary lords.

I am also aware that Karva Chauth vrat is not only for longevity of husband, but for a lot many other things.I need to know what is important about Karthik chauth in particular. Please do not suggest other internet sites. Looking for a more profound meaning.

Thanks and RegardsBharatOn Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Sathiyanarayana Gupta <gupta816 wrote:

Namaste,The under noted link may throw some informations:http://www.festivalsinindia.net/karwa-chauth/legends.html

Regards,D.Sathiyanarayana GuptaBharat - Hindu Astrology <astrologyhindu wrote:

Namaste FriendsI am aware of chauth and importance of keeping fasts. Can anyone elaborate on the importance of Karthik month chauth and references to it in Puranas or other texts?

Any help in this regard will be appreciated. Thanks and RegardsBharat