IndiaDivine.org

Swami Sivananda (Rafal's chart)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste SS,

Logically speaking, taking the 6th or 12th from niryana shoola dasa sign as progressed lagna (based on whether it started from 8th or 2nd) is based on sound principles.

However, whether niryana shoola dasa is really meant for seeing spiritual progress or not is the issue I am not sure of. When Parasara taught dasas, he only taught calculations and not judgment. But niryana shoola dasa is an exception. He talked about judgment as well. He specifically said "niryaanasya vichaaraartham", i.e. "for analyzing death", and gave a rule. He did NOT mention spiritual quest and progress. Sanjay ji made that suggestion without indicating whether the suggestion is based on a classic or teaching of his elders or his own observation.

In several spiritual charts I saw, there is no strong correlation between niryana shoola dasa and spiritual progress.

Let me give the example of Swami Sivananda of Hrishikesh. He was a doctor who lived in luxury in Singapore till 1923. He went to India on a pilgrimage in late 1923. In mid-1924, he met his guru, got initiated and then renounced the world. He spent a few years doing sadhana in a small hut infested by snakes and scorpions. This intense tapascharya culminated in a nirvikalpa samadhi. Niryana shoola dasa of Sg (6th house) ran from 1919 to 1928. This is the dasa that brought this intense sadhana and highest spiritual [non]experience.

Sg has aspect only from Venus (PiK) in Vi. Neither AK nor lagna have an aspect on Sg.

Like this, in many charts, I did not see anything of note happening (along the lines mentioned by Sanjay ji) with niryana shoola dasa when the most intense sadhana and/or the highest spiritual experiences came.

As Sanjay P said, association of AK and 8th house can show the soul's attitude towards suffering and ability to suffer tremendously for spiritual progress. I agree with his logic. I also agree that 8th house shows sadhana. There *may* be dasas started from 8th house for showing how sadhana progresses. However, I am not sure if niryana shoola dasa is the one. A dasa is defined not just by the starting point, but also by the way it progresses. This dasa may or may not be apt for seeing spiritual progress.

In the case of Swami Sivananda, drigdasa is far more interesting. Drigdasa of Ar started in Sept 1923. It was a little after Ar drigdasa started that he went to India for pilgrimage. This dasa totally transformed his life. If you take Le (5th from dasa sign) as progressed lagna, you may note that AK Sun and BK Mercury are in lagna and three planets, including natal 8th lord, are in the 12th house of moksha.

Best regards,NarasimhaDo a Short Homam Yourself: http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/homamDo Pitri Tarpanas Yourself: http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/tarpanaSpirituality: Free Jyotish lessons (MP3): http://vedicastro.home.comcast.netFree Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.orgSri Jagannath Centre (SJC) website: http://www.SriJagannath.org

sohamsa , "Soul Sadhak" <soulsadhak wrote:

Dear Narasimha/Rafal,

Can a similar logic be made while using Nirayana Shoola Dasa - viz. e.g. in Rafal's case, the period of Vrisch falls in 6th hs, taking 6th from here as progressed lagna (will get Vrisch in 8th); he gets Ma (lagna lord) and Ke (lord of 8th) in 9th house - higher learning.May be he found some guru then (aspect by A9) and also made some writings (A3 in 9th house).

Best Regards,SS>>> Dear Rafal,>> >> I use drigdasa taught by Parasara for spiritual progress.>> >> Drigdasa of Cn runs from Oct 1997 to Oct 2004. When drigdasa is of >> Cn, it means the progressed 9th house is in Cn. The progressed lagna >> is in Sc (5th from Cn). Taking Sc as lagna, 4 planets are in 12th >> including the 12th lord! The 8th house axis contains lagna lord and >> nodes. This stands out as an important period in spiritual life.>> >> Best regards,>> Narasimha>> >> sohamsa <sohamsa >, >> Rafal Gendarz <starsuponme@> wrote:>> >> *kleem namah narasimhaaya*>> Dear Sanjayji, Namaskar>> *>> I have analyzed this dasa on my chart and biggest spiritual progress was>> during sixth house dasa rasi (vrscika) which doesnt have association>> with Lagna nor AK. Whilst next dasa of Libra which is fifth and joining>> AK has decreased my interest in pure spirituality...maybe I have wrong>> definitins..but thats my anubhava.>> >> October 25, 1982>> Time: 19:35:30>> Time Zone: 1:00:00 (East of GMT)>> Place: 18 E 41' 00", 50 N 13' 00">> >> Where I went wrong?>> *>> Regards,>> Rafal Gendarz / SJC Teacher>> www: http://rohinaa.com <http://rohinaa.com> / email: rafal@>>>> Sanjay Rath pisze:>> >>> > Dear Arpad ji>> >>> > Namaste. I thank you sincerely for sharing this. Just one point that>> > perhaps you may have overlooked about the teachings -- it is>> > definitely foolish to even contemplate to speculate on meaning of the>> > bija and other such things **during the course of the sadhana** ...I>> > think it is this latter part that Guruji Janardhana Paramhamsa may>> > have tried to emphasize as the mantra shastra books explain in great>> > detail the formation of the bijas, their special names which have so>> > much meaning. Every akshara of the bija nighantu has multiple>> > approaches depending on the path -- Vaishnava, Shaiva, Shakta. Its all>> > so wonderfully divined and then the meaning only adds a flavour,>> > perhaps a another way to understand that the banyan tree was in the>> > seed ... although from the viewpoint of sadhana it is really not at>> > all necessary.>> >>> > The brain has a strange way of seeking rational answers when nothing>> > is forthcoming. For example for all the **sleep on floor** and **take>> > bath in normal water** rules I rationalised, much much later, that it>> > was all about not getting entangled with making beds, using warm water>> > which soothes as opposed to cold water that awakens the nerves while>> > normal water keeps the body at the best temperature for the weather.>> > Another thing perhaps was that the mind would waste too much energy in>> > a focus that was actually yet another hindrance or disturbance to the>> > sadhana. My Gurudev was a simple Brahmin from Jagannath Puri but was>> > quite strict about all this. Bhagavan Mishra was a great Durga sadhaka>> > and taought me the Mahavidya (at least two of them).>> >>> > I suggest you try Niryana Shula dasa for the spiritual quest and>> > sadhana. It shows the transformations to the being. When the dasa rasi>> > aspects the lagna, you will find the shakti associated with the>> > planets getting invoked. The highest experience comes when the >> > niryana shula dasha moves to signs looking at the chara atmakaraka.>> >>> > Niryana Shoola Dasa (death): Sanjay Rath>> >>> > Maha Dasas:>> >>> > Li: 1963-08-07 - 1970-08-07>> > Sc: 1970-08-07 - 1978-08-07>> > Sg: 1978-08-07 - 1987-08-08 -- has exalted Ketu (trim graha bija)>> > ...aspects the lagna ...Saraswati, Tara>> > Cp: 1987-08-08 - 1994-08-07 -- has AK Saturn as subhapati in>> > DhanisTha nakshatra (Mars) ...you can easily guess>> > Aq: 1994-08-07 - 2002-08-07>> > Pi: 2002-08-07 - 2011-08-08 --Virgo antardasa -- Diksha in the Sri>> > Sarada Math at the holy feet of Gurvi Shraddhaprana ambe -- this is>> > Lagna with Jupiter in it. A life transforming experience in which she>> > talked in chaste Bengali with me and made me talk to her in chaste>> > oriya...conversatio n continued for 2-3 hours and I understood every>> > word. She does not know Oriya, not the pure oriya we speak in Puri.>> > After that when I returned to normalcy...I am still shocked as I>> > cannot understand Bengali well but am improving. Recently I decided to>> > learn this language. Others present were shell shocked to see what was>> > transpiring.>> >>> > My most important lesson of life -- Language is not a barrier with God>> > and it answered my all time question -- What language is God going to>> > speak in when I meet Him after death?' That was a question from my>> > youth and was answered without even asking.>> >>> > Ar: 2011-08-08 - 2018-08-07>> > Ta: 2018-08-07 - 2026-08-08 -- I will change permanently. ..so>> > technically I still have about a decade or so to finish my major>> > jyotish teachings world wide. Thereafter withdrawal is sure to come.>> > Lets see what happens. Its tough to predict for oneself.>> > Ge: 2026-08-08 - 2035-08-08>> > Cn: 2035-08-08 - 2042-08-08>> > Le: 2042-08-08 - 2050-08-08>> > Vi: 2050-08-08 - 2059-08-08>> >>> > Sanjay Rath