IndiaDivine.org

[parasarahora] consecration of temple

Rate this topic

Guest guest

om namo bhagavate vasudevayaI know a pundit who opened a mandir a couple of years back and followed the shilpa shastras. You are absolutely correct with uttaraayana for northern hemisphere and daksinaayana for southern hemisphere. Guru and Shukra must not be combust as they are the two acharyas. He told us that the ceremony should be carried out on a moon day related to that particular deity. Also the position of Surya holds importance. For Maha Vishnu, Surya should come to Vishnu Aaditya which is Pisces. This position grants moksha as it is the natural 12th house of the zodiac. Of course we have to follow the proper rules of muhurta as well. He has noted that a rider is if we consecrate on the Jayanti (manifestation date) of Maha Vishnu, regardless of surya's position, would be

auspicious if done in the Abhijit Muhurta (Vishnu Gayatri). Also the shikharas (top pieces of the temple) have to be consecrated separate from the deities. I didn't ask why, but I could find out.I got this info from a pundit who opened a mandir, not a book, so I don't know if this would be accurate.RegardsRobin Sookar Sanjay Rath <sanjayrathsohamsa Cc: parasarahora Sent: Sat, January 9,

2010 10:22:28 PM[parasarahora] consecration of temple

om gurave namah Dear Jyotisa Can a temple be consecrated

(start functioning after homam etc) during Dakshina-ayana? If so what are the

riders? Has anybody studied temple architecture to confirm that this can be

done or cannot be done. My initial take on this was

that it should not be done unless there are very compelling reasons for it. Further

Uttara-ayana should be used for temples in northers hemisphere and

dakshina-ayana for temples in southern hemisphere as the rtu chakra is reversed

for them. This is more important as Sun is the significator of temples, and

more so if this is a Shiva temple as Sun has Shiva as Pratyadhi devata. What

are the circumstances and planetary positions for changing this? Can someone

check other books on Muhurta and confirm. Best Wishes Sanjay Rath 15B Gangaram Hospital Road,

New Delhi 110060, India; +91 (011) 4504 8762 Readings: www.srath.com;

Courses: www.sohamsa. com; Books: www..sagittariuspubl ications. com; Community:

www.. org