IndiaDivine.org

[SoHamsa] Dream - was given mantra by guru - is it real?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OM SHRI LAKSHMI NARASIMHAAYA NAMAHDear Sundeep,In your dream chart,Kuja becomes Hora  Lord and is retrograde in Kataka Rashi aspected by strong Budha.Now Kuja ® in Karka Rashi gives the results of his exaltation.So Kuja indicates Shakti or supreme energy.Budha indicates Vishnu.See that in Navamsha chart, both Budha and Kuja ® are placed in Kanya Rashi where Budha is exalted.So the Mantra you might have heard is of Lord Vishnu and also that of Sudarshana.The Mantra chants like this : OM KLIM KRISHNAAYA GOVINDAYA GOPIJANA VALLABHAYA PARAYA PARAMAPURUSHAYA ....

But anyhow as per Mantra Shastra, if during a Dream,Mantra listened is not remembered clearly after getting up from the dream,that Mantra can not be used for Sadhana.

I hope the other experts can give their opinions regarding this.With Shri Hari Vayu Guru Nama Smaran,

Ramadas Rao.On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 1:58 AM, vedicastrostudent <vedicastrostudent wrote:

Dear Gurus and Jyotishas,

I'm not sure of what to make of this dream. I was actually given a mantra by someone who explicitly said that he was my Guru, but I have no idea who he is. He whispered a mantra in my ear, and later I followed him to some place where perhaps some pooja had already been done (only the ashes of the fire remained). In waking state, I have tried very hard to remember the words of the mantra, the only things I can recollect for sure are " Sri Vallabh " and " rahasyo " and am unsure of " bhava " and " ratna " .

I tried to use the dream time to see what the meaning is, but I'm not good at this. I do see Moon aspecting the ascendant (and Sun conjunct the Lagna lord). Also, 3rd house (Guru upadesa) has Jupiter, Sun (9L) and Venus.

Can anyone give me interpretation pointers? I must add that I had no idea of " Sri Vallabh " until I had the dream. Now I see (google) that he is supposed to be an incarnation of Dattatreya, but astrologically I dont see how this is significant. I have never chanted nor heard any " Sri Vallabh " related mantra in my life.

Dream time: Feb 24, 2010, San Jose, California, USA, 121W53, 37N20, 8hrs West of GMT, 03:51am. Sagittarius Lagna.

Birth time: June 29, 1967, India, 78E46, 22N12, 5hrs30min East of GMT, 23:00pm, Aquarius Lagna

Regards,

Sundeep

-- Ramadas Rao

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Dear Sri Sundeep,Namaste,Thank you for sharing your dream and natal charts!A few quick points!It is not a dream but a yogic experience/vision, Ketu and Moon in Mithuna point to this. Mithuna is the sign of " yoga-maya " and Moon getting exalted in Vrishabha(in the apasavya marga) shows the mind piercing that maya!

AK Merc(in dream chart) is in Dhanishta. One of Dhanista's symbols is " auspicious drums " . Did you also notice that D-9 lagna is in Leo? Sun is the very form of Dattatreya.You will now be getting a lot of knowledge especially about advaita philisophy which is likely to start happening when Sun starts transiting Mithuna and culminate when Sun transits out of Kanya! During that time you might appear dis-oriented to people like us :) However, that is " real " orientation!

It really doesn't matter whether you remember the mantra or not! Your Guru will not let it go if that also happens to be your sadhana mantra. Let your faith be your guide........

I will stop writing here because I genuinely want you to discover and experience the pleasure. You will find more answers if you can study D-24 in your dream chart. Look at D-24 not as Siddha/Siddhis but as Gayatri and you will see a lot of things falling in place!

Find attached my own initiation chart and you can see some striking similarities and differences. I am into Sri Vidya and you should notice Sakti yoga in my initiation chart!BTW, welcome to Datta sampradaya!

warm regards,VishnuOn Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 4:58 PM, vedicastrostudent <vedicastrostudent wrote:

Dear Gurus and Jyotishas,

I'm not sure of what to make of this dream. I was actually given a mantra by someone who explicitly said that he was my Guru, but I have no idea who he is. He whispered a mantra in my ear, and later I followed him to some place where perhaps some pooja had already been done (only the ashes of the fire remained). In waking state, I have tried very hard to remember the words of the mantra, the only things I can recollect for sure are " Sri Vallabh " and " rahasyo " and am unsure of " bhava " and " ratna " .

I tried to use the dream time to see what the meaning is, but I'm not good at this. I do see Moon aspecting the ascendant (and Sun conjunct the Lagna lord). Also, 3rd house (Guru upadesa) has Jupiter, Sun (9L) and Venus.

Can anyone give me interpretation pointers? I must add that I had no idea of " Sri Vallabh " until I had the dream. Now I see (google) that he is supposed to be an incarnation of Dattatreya, but astrologically I dont see how this is significant. I have never chanted nor heard any " Sri Vallabh " related mantra in my life.

Dream time: Feb 24, 2010, San Jose, California, USA, 121W53, 37N20, 8hrs West of GMT, 03:51am. Sagittarius Lagna.

Birth time: June 29, 1967, India, 78E46, 22N12, 5hrs30min East of GMT, 23:00pm, Aquarius Lagna

Regards,

Sundeep