IndiaDivine.org

[SoHamsa] Cleaning Amethyst stone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

on namo bhagavate paramguraveDear RajivNamasteSalt has been used in many traditions for cleansing various things from homes to stones to objects.  I would recommend cleaning the amethyst in raw cows milk overnight.  Other than milk being considered as one of the complete foods according to ayurveda its the most satvik in nature too.

Hope this helps. Best WishesBipinMilk is considered  On 14 April 2010 02:33, Rajiv Vyas <rajiv1 wrote:

I have been asked by a Vedic Astrologer to wear Amethyst stone. He also said that I should dip it in salt water overnight before wearing it on a Saturday. My question is: How safe is it to clean Amethyst with salt water? Will it damage the stone?

Thank you,Rajiv

Guest guest

Dear Bipin:Thank you for the information. I live in the US and it would be very hard if not impossible to get raw cow's milk here.Regards,Rajiv

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 2:27 AM, Bipin Prag <bipinprag wrote:

on namo bhagavate paramguraveDear RajivNamasteSalt has been used in many traditions for cleansing various things from homes to stones to objects.  I would recommend cleaning the amethyst in raw cows milk overnight.  Other than milk being considered as one of the complete foods according to ayurveda its the most satvik in nature too.

Hope this helps. Best WishesBipinMilk is considered  On 14 April 2010 02:33, Rajiv Vyas <rajiv1 wrote:

I have been asked by a Vedic Astrologer to wear Amethyst stone. He also said that I should dip it in salt water overnight before wearing it on a Saturday. My question is: How safe is it to clean Amethyst with salt water? Will it damage the stone?

Thank you,Rajiv

-- Rajiv

Guest guest

om namo bhagavate paramguraveDear RajivNamasteThe best gems to wear of course are those where you know the origin of and the history in its mining, transportation, cutting etc.

There are two further considerations with gem stones, one is to cleanse it and another is to energise it.  With regard to cleansing, a Swami once said, blind uncle is better than no uncle, so I would try and get the best quality milk you can.  Try some of the health shops.  We only drink organic milk here, so im sure this is obtainable in the US too.  

With regard to energising, mantra is best and that only a purohit or someone more qualified has to do. Im not proposing these are the best solutions to your problems, but just offering some suggestions.

Best WishesBipin  On 14 April 2010 12:17, Rajiv Vyas <rajiv1 wrote:

Dear Bipin:Thank you for the information. I live in the US and it would be very hard if not impossible to get raw cow's milk here.Regards,

Rajiv

Thank you,Rajiv

-- Rajiv

Guest guest

Dear Bipin:Thank you. So are you recommending that I don't use salt water or are you suggesting that " salt water is good but cleaning the stone with milk is better and cow's milk is ideal " ?

Thanks,Rajiv On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 6:44 AM, Bipin Prag <bipinprag wrote:

om namo bhagavate paramguraveDear RajivNamasteThe best gems to wear of course are those where you know the origin of and the history in its mining, transportation, cutting etc.

There are two further considerations with gem stones, one is to cleanse it and another is to energise it.  With regard to cleansing, a Swami once said, blind uncle is better than no uncle, so I would try and get the best quality milk you can.  Try some of the health shops.  We only drink organic milk here, so im sure this is obtainable in the US too.  

With regard to energising, mantra is best and that only a purohit or someone more qualified has to do. Im not proposing these are the best solutions to your problems, but just offering some suggestions.

Dear Bipin:Thank you for the information. I live in the US and it would be very hard if not impossible to get raw cow's milk here.Regards,

Rajiv

Thank you,Rajiv

-- Rajiv

-- Rajiv

Guest guest

om namo bhagavate paramguraveDear RajivNamasteI think the essence is that one has to cleanse first and then energise, cleansing only may probably not be enough.  Lets wait for some of the other members who are more experienced in this to comment 

As a matter of interest, for what purpose are using amethyst as a remedy for - im just curious Best WishesBipin

On 14 April 2010 13:40, Rajiv Vyas <rajiv1 wrote:

Dear Bipin:Thank you. So are you recommending that I don't use salt water or are you suggesting that " salt water is good but cleaning the stone with milk is better and cow's milk is ideal " ?

Rajiv

Thank you,Rajiv

-- Rajiv

-- Rajiv

Guest guest

Dear Bipin:Not really using as a remedy. This astrologer I go to told me that if I wanted to, I could wear Emerald, Amethyst and/or white Sapphire. So, no particular reason.Regards,

Rajiv On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Bipin Prag <bipinprag wrote:

om namo bhagavate paramguraveDear RajivNamasteI think the essence is that one has to cleanse first and then energise, cleansing only may probably not be enough.  Lets wait for some of the other members who are more experienced in this to comment 

As a matter of interest, for what purpose are using amethyst as a remedy for - im just curious Best WishesBipin

Rajiv

Thank you,Rajiv

-- Rajiv

-- Rajiv

-- Rajiv

Guest guest

om namo bhagavate paramguraveDear RajivNamasteYour astrologer would have had a reason to recommend the variety of those gems.  With reference to an analogy, its like taking medicine, you have to know what the diagnosis is and only then take medicine - and further why take medicine if you dont have to.  

The gems prescribed seem to cover a wide range of things to remedy.  I would enquire further from him or get a second opinion.Best WishesBipin

On 15 April 2010 00:03, Rajiv Vyas <rajiv1 wrote:

Dear Bipin:Not really using as a remedy. This astrologer I go to told me that if I wanted to, I could wear Emerald, Amethyst and/or white Sapphire. So, no particular reason.

Regards,

Rajiv

Thank you,Rajiv

-- Rajiv

-- Rajiv

-- Rajiv

Guest guest

Dear Bipin:He specifically asked me to wear Emerald -- that's because Mercury is my birthstone. Venus and Saturn are also benificial. So, he suggested that I could wear those stones if I wanted to. Amethyst is mostly for meditative/spiritual purpose.

Regards,RajivOn Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 3:40 AM, Bipin Prag <bipinprag wrote:

om namo bhagavate paramguraveDear RajivNamasteYour astrologer would have had a reason to recommend the variety of those gems.  With reference to an analogy, its like taking medicine, you have to know what the diagnosis is and only then take medicine - and further why take medicine if you dont have to.  

The gems prescribed seem to cover a wide range of things to remedy.  I would enquire further from him or get a second opinion.Best WishesBipin

Dear Bipin:Not really using as a remedy. This astrologer I go to told me that if I wanted to, I could wear Emerald, Amethyst and/or white Sapphire. So, no particular reason.

Regards,

Rajiv

Thank you,Rajiv

-- Rajiv

-- Rajiv

-- Rajiv

-- Rajiv

Guest guest

Regarding Amethyst, or for that matter any gemstone, what do gurujis on this forum think about wearing synthetic stone vs natural. I have heard some strong arguments by Vedic astrologers that because synthetics don't have impurities could be better for astrological purpose, particularly for stones like Emerald, diamond, white sapphire, etc. Also, for a much cheaper price, one could get significantly more carats and hence that might be an added help.

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 7:20 AM, Rajiv Vyas <rajiv1 wrote:

Dear Bipin:He specifically asked me to wear Emerald -- that's because Mercury is my birthstone. Venus and Saturn are also benificial. So, he suggested that I could wear those stones if I wanted to. Amethyst is mostly for meditative/spiritual purpose.

Regards,

Rajiv

Thank you,Rajiv

-- Rajiv

-- Rajiv

-- Rajiv

-- Rajiv

-- Rajiv

Guest guest

om namo bhagavate paramguraveDear RajivNamasteAmethyst from what I have learnt is not an uparatna.  I stand to correction on this... but its not about quantity but quality of the stone that matters, together with its history and its origin and ethical mining, cutting etc of it.

Further, as uparatnas and their lesser equivalents as often recommended are often very expensive, one can look at alternative remedies in chanting an appropriate mantra which sometimes are more effective depending on the nature of problem to be solved.  Gems from what ive told are not a quick fix unless its proper selection and installation have been followed.

Incidentally, Amethyst is of the quartz family and im not convinced that using the stone just for its colour is enough as a remedy for Sanidev.  Best Wishes

BipinOn 19 April 2010 23:42, Rajiv Vyas <rajiv1 wrote:

Regarding Amethyst, or for that matter any gemstone, what do gurujis on this forum think about wearing synthetic stone vs natural. I have heard some strong arguments by Vedic astrologers that because synthetics don't have impurities could be better for astrological purpose, particularly for stones like Emerald, diamond, white sapphire, etc. Also, for a much cheaper price, one could get significantly more carats and hence that might be an added help.

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 7:20 AM, Rajiv Vyas <rajiv1 wrote:

Regards,

Rajiv

Thank you,Rajiv

-- Rajiv

-- Rajiv

-- Rajiv

-- Rajiv

-- Rajiv