IndiaDivine.org

Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Swamin,

I Quote your statement "The Vishnu sahasranâma (thousand names of Vishnu") is a list of 1,000 names for Vishnu, one of the main forms of God in Hinduism and the personal supreme God for Vaishnavas (followers of Vishnu). It is also one of the most sacred and commonly chanted stotras in Hinduism"

The above statement can be taken on a VERY GENERAL term. Sri VISHNU or Lord Narayana has been unequivocally described in ALL the VEDAS as the Supreeme Parabrahman. Bhagavad Gita clearly mentions the difference between the Upreeme and the Demi Gods.

I feel more light on this can be thrown up by our esteemed & more learned friends of this group. Kindly do not misunderstand me for writing this note.

May the Divya Dampathis Bless U All,

Adiyen

V.S. Rangachar--- On Sat, 26/7/08, rspp2006 <rspp2006 wrote:

rspp2006 <rspp2006 Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam Date: Saturday, 26 July, 2008, 1:41 AM

Dear ViewersThe Vishnu sahasranâma (thousand names of Vishnu") is a list of 1,000 names for Vishnu, one of the main forms of God in Hinduism and the personal supreme God for Vaishnavas (followers of Vishnu). It is also one of the most sacred and commonly chanted stotras in HinduismI have many interesting facts seen in one of webpage and like to share to all people.Also i have upload sri vishnu sahasranam song by M.S.Subbulakshmiplease click the below link to view the content of factshttp://www.devotion alupdate. blogspot. com/Note:Link is given in rapidshare ,if any problem persist in download Email me at rspp2006 (AT) (DOT) co.in. I will send the music in different freehosting. Your comment and Emails are welcomed and keeps

me encouraging to post more .ThanksNarayanan

From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India.

Guest guest

I agreewith the view expressed by sri Rangachar on this topic. The vishnu sahasranama denotes the aspects of the supreme brhamn besides the attributes of the incarnations of Vishnu, who is Lord narayana of visishatdvaita synonymous with the brahman of the upanishats.This mail temepts me to share my commentary on the vishnusahsaranama with the other members as it contains the etymological meaning as well as mythological and this explains why the same nama is repeated in different places not because Vyasa who first gave out the vishnusahastranama to the world through the words of Bhishma , ran out of his vocabulary but because the namas have different connotations .

saroja Ramanujam

Dr. Saroja Ramanujam, M.A., Ph.D, Siromani in sanskrit.

www.freewebs.com/asrama3

--- On Sun, 7/27/08, srinivasa rangachar <vsrangachar wrote:

srinivasa rangachar <vsrangacharRe: Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam Date: Sunday, July 27, 2008, 3:25 AM

Dear Swamin,

I Quote your statement "The Vishnu sahasranâma (thousand names of Vishnu") is a list of 1,000 names for Vishnu, one of the main forms of God in Hinduism and the personal supreme God for Vaishnavas (followers of Vishnu). It is also one of the most sacred and commonly chanted stotras in Hinduism"

The above statement can be taken on a VERY GENERAL term. Sri VISHNU or Lord Narayana has been unequivocally described in ALL the VEDAS as the Supreeme Parabrahman. Bhagavad Gita clearly mentions the difference between the Upreeme and the Demi Gods.

I feel more light on this can be thrown up by our esteemed & more learned friends of this group. Kindly do not misunderstand me for writing this note.

Adiyen

V.S. Rangachar--- On Sat, 26/7/08, rspp2006 <rspp2006 (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:

rspp2006 <rspp2006 (AT) (DOT) co.in> Sri Vishnu SahasranamamSaturday, 26 July, 2008, 1:41 AM

Dear ViewersThe Vishnu sahasranâma (thousand names of Vishnu") is a list of 1,000 names for Vishnu, one of the main forms of God in Hinduism and the personal supreme God for Vaishnavas (followers of Vishnu). It is also one of the most sacred and commonly chanted stotras in HinduismI have many interesting facts seen in one of webpage and like to share to all people.Also i have upload sri vishnu sahasranam song by M.S.Subbulakshmiplease click the below link to view the content of factshttp://www.devotion alupdate. blogspot. com/Note:Link is given in rapidshare ,if any problem persist in download Email me at rspp2006 (AT) (DOT) co.in. I will send the music in different freehosting. Your comment and Emails are welcomed and keeps

Guest guest

Sir, Sunday 27/07/2008

I am delighted to to see that you have arranged for download of

Vishnu-sahasranamam. But, when I attempted to down load,

the message received was " the requested file does not exist "

Kindly guide me how to down download the same.

Best Wishes,

Srimad Andavan Thiruvedi,

T S Varadhan

--- On Sun, 27/7/08, srinivasa rangachar <vsrangachar wrote:

srinivasa rangachar <vsrangacharRe: Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam Date: Sunday, 27 July, 2008, 3:25 AM

Dear Swamin,

Adiyen

rspp2006 <rspp2006 (AT) (DOT) co.in> Sri Vishnu SahasranamamSaturday, 26 July, 2008, 1:41 AM

Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite Group..

Guest guest

Dear Swamin,

Thanks for your valuable guidance and suggestion sir .I will make an apology for all people of group and be cautious from my next post.Your valuable guidance and suggestion helps me to learn more.

Regards

Narayanan

--- On Sun, 27/7/08, srinivasa rangachar <vsrangachar wrote:

srinivasa rangachar <vsrangacharRe: Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam Date: Sunday, 27 July, 2008, 3:25 AM

Dear Swamin,

Adiyen

Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download.