IndiaDivine.org

Adhyayanotsavam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Swamin, As far as I learn, every year three celebrations are held in our temles. These are: 1) Adhyayayna Utsavam in Margazhi 2) Pavitrotsavam 3) Mahaa Nivedanam. The first one is held to compensate any shortcomings in reciting Divya Prabhandam during the year. Divya prabhandam is to be recited regulary everyday and on those days of Tirunakshatrams of Azhvaars and our Poorvachaaryas according to the sampradaya of each schools like Vadakalai & Tenkalai. The second one is observed from three days to five days to compensate any shortcomings that might have occurred in Veda paaraayana during a year. During this festival the relevant Veda is recited fully. By this the sanctity of the temple is renewed. The third one is to compensate any possible shortcomings in the offering of prasadams to the Lord of the temple. On this occasion a huge quantity of Prasadams are prepared & offered to the Lord.

On normal days devotees are not supposed to see the prasadams offered to the Lord. But on the day of Mahanivedanam, devotees will have a darshan of the Lord along with the large quantities prasadms offerred to Him. If any mor significance is there I will be grateful to know about it. With regards, Adiyen Srinivasa dasanrraghunathan_in <rraghunathan_in wrote: What is the significance of Adhyayanotsavam, i.e. the pagalpattu and rappattu? Every time there is a thirunakshatram of an acharya or

alwar, we do render 4000 Divya Prabandham, in a seva kalam spread over a period of five or ten days. During the Adhyayanotsavam also the same rendering is prescribed. What is its significance?I request the learned Bhagavathas to enlighten.DasanRaghunathan

SrI:

Dear Sriman Raghunathan :

The significance of Adhyayana

Uthsavam , Kramam et al

have been covered extensively in

one of the volumes of Ranganatha

Vaibhavam series in Ahobilavalli

e-books :

http://www.ahobilavalli.org

I have also published a lot on

the subject , which are available

at Bhakthi list . Please do a google

search .You will have plenty of

material .

V.Sadagopan

-

" rraghunathan_in " <rraghunathan_in

<Oppiliappan >

Wednesday, November 07, 2007 3:43 AM

Adhyayanotsavam

> What is the significance of Adhyayanotsavam, i.e. the pagalpattu and

> rappattu? Every time there is a thirunakshatram of an acharya or

> alwar, we do render 4000 Divya Prabandham, in a seva kalam spread over

> a period of five or ten days. During the Adhyayanotsavam also the

> same rendering is prescribed. What is its significance?

>

> I request the learned Bhagavathas to enlighten.

>

> Dasan

> Raghunathan

>

>

>

> Oppiliappan Koil Varadachari Sadagopan

> http://www.sadagopan.org

>

SrI:

Dear Sriman Srinivasan :

Thanks for your response .

PavithrOthsavam details are also

covered in the Ahobilavalli e-books

of recent date .

I t would be agreat help if Members

could search first to see what is available on the Net and then ask

specific questions on the topic

that is not covered .

Happy DipAwaLi ,

V.Sadagopan

-

srinivasan sowmianarayanan

Oppiliappan

Wednesday, November 07, 2007 9:41 AM

Re: Adhyayanotsavam

Swamin, As far as I learn, every year three celebrations are held in our temles. These are:

1) Adhyayayna Utsavam in Margazhi

2) Pavitrotsavam

3) Mahaa Nivedanam.

The first one is held to compensate any shortcomings in reciting Divya Prabhandam during the year. Divya prabhandam is to be recited regulary everyday and on those days of Tirunakshatrams of Azhvaars and our Poorvachaaryas according to the sampradaya of each schools like Vadakalai & Tenkalai.

The second one is observed from three days to five days to compensate any shortcomings that might have occurred in Veda paaraayana during a year. During this festival the relevant Veda is recited fully. By this the sanctity of the temple is renewed.

The third one is to compensate any possible shortcomings in the offering of prasadams to the Lord of the temple. On this occasion a huge quantity of Prasadams are prepared & offered to the Lord. On normal days devotees are not supposed to see the prasadams offered to the Lord. But on the day of Mahanivedanam, devotees will have a darshan of the Lord along with the large quantities prasadms offerred to Him.

If any mor significance is there I will be grateful to know about it.

With regards,

Adiyen Srinivasa dasanrraghunathan_in <rraghunathan_in wrote:

What is the significance of Adhyayanotsavam, i.e. the pagalpattu and rappattu? Every time there is a thirunakshatram of an acharya or alwar, we do render 4000 Divya Prabandham, in a seva kalam spread over a period of five or ten days. During the Adhyayanotsavam also the same rendering is prescribed. What is its significance?I request the learned Bhagavathas to enlighten.DasanRaghunathan

Respected Swamin, As directed, I went through the four Volumes of Ranganatha Mahimai in Ahobilavalli series. But none of them contained any information on the aspects I sought your guidance for with respect to Adhyayanotsavam. I shall be grateful if you can kindly guide me. Dasan Raghunathan"Dr. Sadagopan" <yennappan wrote: SrI:Dear Sriman Raghunathan :The significance of Adhyayana Uthsavam , Kramam et al have been covered

extensively in one of the volumes of Ranganatha Vaibhavam series in Ahobilavallie-books :http://www.ahobilavalli.org I have also published a lot onthe subject , which are available at Bhakthi list . Please do a google search .You will have plenty ofmaterial .V.Sadagopan - "rraghunathan_in" <rraghunathan_in ><Oppiliappan >Wednesday, November 07, 2007 3:43 AM Adhyayanotsavam> What is the significance of Adhyayanotsavam, i.e. the pagalpattu and > rappattu? Every time there is a thirunakshatram of an acharya or > alwar, we do render 4000 Divya Prabandham, in a seva kalam spread over > a period of five

or ten days. During the Adhyayanotsavam also the > same rendering is prescribed. What is its significance?> > I request the learned Bhagavathas to enlighten.> > Dasan> Raghunathan> > > > Oppiliappan Koil Varadachari Sadagopan> http://www.sadagopan.org >

• 1 year later...

Dear Arangan Adiyars,

Raapathhu Naalam Thirunal photos have been published. A

close up image of Thanga Thirumutthu Kudai of Namperumal taken today

have also been published. Please visit

http://thiruvarangam.com/events.html and enjoy the pics. The pics will

be updated daily.

SanthanaKrishnan

Oppiliappan , " n_santhanakrishnan "

<n_santhanakrishnan wrote:

>

> Dear Arangan Adiyars,