IndiaDivine.org

Temple Renovation Request

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

SrI:

Dear Sri Rajagopalan ,

Thanks very much for inviting the attention of devotees to the difficult situation at ThiruppErnagar dhivya desam . It is sad to hear about the struggle of the Archakar Swamin at ThiruppErnagar to provide even daily naivEdhyam for PerumAL .

Dear AasthikAs and Dhivya Desa AbhimAnis:

Please read the note from Sriman Rajagopalan at the end first and continue w thereafter with

the rest of my Mail.Thanks.

****************************************************************************************************

Two years ago , I visited this dhivya dEsam on the southern bank of Cauvery river .PerumAL is AppakkudatthAn , who is blessing us from Bhujanga Sayana ThirukkOlam . He has a pot of Appam ( Fried specialty from rice flour and Jaggery) .Appam is His special food . Appams are of many kinds : Neyyappam , VeLLayappam , Sojjiappam , Paalappam .The NaivEdhyam is probably Neyyappam , which is made with fermented rice flour , Jaggery and ghee . This is a snack dear to KaNNan and prepared on GokulAshtami days.

At this dhivya dEsam equidistant from BhUtalUr and Laalgudi , PerumAL blesses with His serene sevai with Kamalavalli ThAyAr ,while resting under Indhra VimAnam and holding under His right hand a pot of appams and earning the name of AppakkudatthAn .

Four AzhwArs ( PeriyAzhwar, Thirumazhisai, Thirumangai and Swamy NammAzhwAr) have performed their MangaLaasAsanams at this dhivya dEsam with 33 Paasurams :

1) PeriyAzhwAr : 2.6.1: ( kOl koNDu vaa Paasurams):

" Kongum Kudanthayum KottiyUrum PErum

Yengum tirinthu viLayAdum yenn mahan

Sankam paidikkum Tadakkakikkut-takka , nall

angamudayathOr kOll koNDu vaa

arakku VazhitthathOr kOll koDu vaa

" PEr" here stands for ThiruppEr Nagar dhivya dEsam .

PeriyAzhwAr :2.9.4: Baala Kreedai Paasuram: KaNNa PirAn KaRRa Kalvi

KONdalvaNNA ! ingE pOtarAyE ! KoyiR-PiLLAy ingE pOtarAyE !

TeNDirai Soozh ThiruppEr Kidantha ThirunAraNA ingE pOtarAyE !

UnduvantEnammaenRu solliyOdi aham puha Aaycchi taanum

kaNDetirE senRedutthukkoLLak-KaNNapirAn KaRRa Kalvi taanE

2)Thirumazhisai AzhwAr:Naanmuhan ThiruvandhAti: 36th Paasuram

NaahatthaNaik-Kudanthai Vehhaa ThiruvevvuLL

NaahattaNaiyarangam PEr-anbil

naahataNaip-pArrkkadal kidakkumAdhi nedumAL

aNaippAr KarutthanAvan

3) Thirumangai AzhwAr MangaLAsAsanams:

After MangaLAsAsanam of Sri Ranganathan at Srirangam , Kaliyan arrives at ThiruppEr Nagar and enjoys the Lord's anugraha sakti . AzhwAr celebrates the anugrahams that he recieved from the soulabhyam and Dayaa of AppakkudatthAn of ThiruppEr Nagar :

" YengaL Maal IRaivan nAmamEtthi naan UyntavARE " , Vaanavar Talaivan Naamam Vaazhtthi naann uyntavARE , Chakakrac-chelvan ThenthiruppErt-Talaivan taaLadainthu uythEnE". Thirumangai sees and enjoys the Lord as KaNNan :

" VeNNaithAnamuthu seyya vekuNDu-mattAycchiyOcchi

KaNNiyAr KuRnkayiRRAl kattavettenRirunthAn ".

One can see now the connection to his favorite food VeNNai and its necessity to

spread on the Appam from His Kudam .

Thirumangai praises the glories of ThiruppEr NagarALan thru 9 more exquisite Paasurams .

4) Swamy NammAzhwAr: 11 Paasurams of ThiruvAimozhi: 10.8

At the time of Swamy NammAzhwAr , this dhivya dEsam was surrounded by " KodikkOpura-mAdangaL " and " KiLi taaviya sOlaikaL". Swamy NammAzhwar says in wonderment : " The Lord of ThiruppErnagar today came into my heart , filled it thoroughly and announced --I will not stir out from here--" . AzhwAr responds and states that he has contained the Lord in his heart lotus.

In the next Paasuram , SatakOpar says: " I clung to the Lord's feet fast . Thereby , I could eliminate births in future. ( PiditthEn PiRavi kedutthEn PiNi saarEn )." Azhwar rejoices over the experience of having the Lord of ThiruppEr Nagar entering and staying inside his heart and declares: " My eyes rejoice , all my limbs rejoice; my heart revels and dances . What all these limbs longed for long to enjoy has come about. All this was conferred on me by the Lord of ThirppEr Nagar". AzhwAr hears the Lord saying " I am granting you Parama Padham " and says" great undeed is my good fortune. To me who has enjoyed Him thus , what more is wanted hereafter . He has made me today a worthy substance. I am grateful to His grace for this ? ".

ThiruppEr Nagar was the last dhivya dEsam that Swamy NammAzhwAr performed MangaLAsAsanam before gaining Moksham . In this next decad , he describes his travel thru archirAdhi maargam (ThiruvAimozhi 10.9) and the next one, the final decad , he concludes with the last Paasuram of ThiruvAimozhi in a mood of Parama Bhakthi:

" Oh indweller of Moola Prakriti and Mukta Jeevans ! Oh the unique possessor of sankalpa Jn~Ana , which extends even beyond the above two and exist as pure and intrinsic Ananda! My yearnig to join You was even larger than Your sankalp Jn~Ana in magnitude . But You covered me up , quenched this yearning . I became a drop in Your vastness of nectar ocean. My long time ambition has been fulfilled ".

The ThiruppEr Nagar MangaLAsAsanam of Swamy NammAzhwAr occupies thus a key place in ThiruvAimozhi and NammAzhwAr's Moksham . It is so sad to read about the current state of affairs at such a glorious dhivya dEsam .

Please help by sending what ever you can to Sannidhi Kaimkaryam Sri Varadaraja Iyengar Swamy thru Sri Sriraman of Chennai , who is copied on this note . He can size up the local situation and can help coordinate the flow of funds to help . Please do not go away after helping once. Please adopt this temple as the Lord has adopted us and is protecting us wherever we are .

The HayagrIvan Likhita Kaimkarya committe is preparing new ebooks on Sayanak-Kola

dhivya dEsa EmperumAns and we plan to include ThiruppEr Nagar dhivya dEsam as

the subject matter of our next ebook in the series :

http://www.srihayagrivan.org

SrI Kamalavalli SamEta Sri AppakkudatthAn ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam ,

DhAsan , Oppiliappan Koil V.Sadagopan

***************************************************************************************************

-

"Raja" <rajagopalan.c

Thursday, March 05, 2009 4:05 AM

Temple Renovation Request

> In January I visited a number of temples near Mayavaram> (Vaidheeswaran Koil, Koothanoor, Thirumayyichoor, Srirangam and> Koviladi).> > Among these the famous temple at TirupperNagar (Koviladi) is in a> very bad state, and renovation is being planned. This is EIGHTH> among the 108 divya desams.> > There is one family taking care of the temple and the Gurukkal & his> wife told me that it is becoming increasingly difficult even to make> the Neivedhyams on a daily basis. The Neivedhyam here is 'Appams',> and the reclining Lord is known as 'Appakudathaan'.> > If wish to contribute to the temple, please send in your donations directly to:> > Shri V. Varadaraja Iyengar, Sannadhi Kainkaryam,> Koviladi Aghraharam, Koviladi, 631 105,> Thanjavur District, TamilNadu, India> > Raja

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

SwaminCan you please write to me as to how much does it cost for Nitya aradahanai / neivedhyam for a month/year.  I shall strive my best to organise the same and send by way of a cheque. Please mention the Payees name and I shall do the needful for Koviladi Tirupper Nagar.

Hare Krishna,Srikanth ParthasarathyP O Box 74928, Dubai , UAE.Tel:  +971 4 3366541 (RES)Mob:+971 50 5519209On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 9:24 AM, RAMESH PILLAI <trpillay wrote:

Dear Shri Raja,Yesterday Shri Ramanujar Iyer called from Koiladi divyadesam and requested donate for daily nithaya aradhanai.  I had met Mr. Vardan last vist on April and donated Rs.1001/-.That time they told me that the temple undertaken by govt.,  now no need for daily nithya pooja. But suddentely they called.

Kindly advice me and also if divyadesam member arrange any fund, I will also contribute my share.Kindly do needfullHare KrishnaRamesh--- On Thu, 5/3/09, Raja <rajagopalan.c wrote:

Raja <rajagopalan.c Temple Renovation Request

Thursday, 5 March, 2009, 2:35

PM

In January I visited a number of temples near Mayavaram

(Vaidheeswaran Koil, Koothanoor, Thirumayyichoor, Srirangam and

Koviladi).

Among these the famous temple at TirupperNagar (Koviladi) is in a

very bad state, and renovation is being planned. This is EIGHTH

among the 108 divya desams.

There is one family taking care of the temple and the Gurukkal & his

wife told me that it is becoming increasingly difficult even to make

the Neivedhyams on a daily basis. The Neivedhyam here is 'Appams',

and the reclining Lord is known as 'Appakudathaan' .

If wish to contribute to the temple, please send in your donations directly to:

Shri V. Varadaraja Iyengar, Sannadhi Kainkaryam,

Koviladi Aghraharam, Koviladi, 631 105,

Thanjavur District, TamilNadu, India

Raja

ICC World Twenty20 England '09 exclusively on ! CRICKET

-- Srikanth