IndiaDivine.org

Sri Geetha Anubhava Yatra

Rate this topic

Guest guest

SrI:

Dear Sriman Rangaswamy :

Many Thanks for your sharing of your delightful anubhavam of SrI Geethaa Anubhava Yaatraa with Sriman Velukkudi Swamy . I can see the enormity of the logisitics to arrange this mamooth yaathra for a group with an average age of SIXTY and different levels of physical strength . It is clear that GeethAchAryan has hand carried them in this yaatraa that they can never forget for rest of their lives .

NamO SrI VaasudEvAya,

V.Sadagopan

-

keshava rangaswamy

yennappan

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:58 AM

Sri Geetha Anubhava Yatra

SRIMATHE RAMANUJAYA NAMAHA

Dear Sri Sadagopan mama,

Please find here below a small write up about the subject yatra undertaken under the able guidance of Sri Velkudi Krishnan.

Jai Sita Ram

SRIMATHE RAMANUJAYA NAMAHA

GREAT SRI GEETHA ANUBHAVA YATRA

Dear All,

A brief description of our Sri Geetha Anubhava Yatra is narrated below.

Number of Yatris – 2,820.

Number of Vehicles – 74 (72 buses with capacity of 45 people, one Mini AC Bus and One Maruti Versa Ambulence with 2 Doctors (Yatris) and sufficient Medicines).

We started by Train on 1st instant and reached Anand (Gujarath) early morning. Buses and Volunteers were waiting for us and journey to Dakoor Dwaraka was 2 hours. We were allowed to take bath in a Ashram. Dakoor Dwaraka is a small village, I can say. After finishing bath and Tiffin, visited the Temple – Sri Dwarakadeesh. That day being Sharadh Poornima (a very auspicious day) heavy rush. God had worn special Jewels for that day and it was fantastic Darshan. After Lunch at around noon, we left for Junagadh and reached Junagadh by night 11 p.m. Dinner was served and we were offered rooms in Kashi Ashram. Some rooms had even Western Toilets. Almost 7/8 persons per room.

Left Junagadh in the morning after breakfast and enroute we visited Prabhas Tirtha from where Lord Sri Krishna left all of us and returned to Paramapada. By evening/night we reached Sri Gomathi Dwaraka. At one big Maidan, huge pendal was erected and almost all buses were there and at 10.00 p.m. discourse was arranged and almost all people attended the discourse. Reached our places of stay by 12.00 midnight – 3/4 people per room. This place is on a sea shore and were asked to be ready by 5.30 to visit Bet Dwarka – a small island in the Sea. Boat ferried our people to Bet dwaraka and returned by 11.30 a.m. Left Gomathi Dwaraka by 3.00 p.m. to reach Shreenath Dwaraka next day 9.30 a.m.

On reaching our place of stay very near to Temple, left for Darshan of Shri Shreenathji. Wonderful darshan and jilebi prasadam. We could stay at that place on that night. Again by 8.00 p.m. discourse and reached our lodge by 11.00 p.m. Next day journey started by 7.00 a.m. and by 12 noon we were at Pushkar. At Pushkar Lunch was arranged and welcome drink of Rosemilk was served to all the yatris. After a gap of 5 hours (visited Pushkar thirtha – a divya desha), some people visited Brahma temple and by 5.30 p.m. we left for Kurukshetra. Reached Kurukshetra by 7.30 a.m. next day.

At Kurukshetra, Brahma Sarovar measures 3 kms long and 1 ½ kms wide, we had bath for two days. First day evening beautiful discourses and concluding session of Sri Bhagwad geetha was there. On the first they served Lunch with Planton Leaves to all the Yatris. Next day we were taken to the spot where Sri Bhagwad Gita was narrated to Sri Arjuna. The place can accommodate only 1500 people. But full crowd were there and so many people never bothered about the bright Sun shine falling on them. 18 chapters of Bhagwad Gita was chanted by all the people for about 2 hours followed by Sri Vishnu Sahasranama. Then we reached Bhishma Ghat where Sri Vishnu Sahasranama was told by Bheeshma to Yudhishthira. Left Kurukshetra on the same day night to Brindavan. Left around 9.00 p.m. and reached Sri Brindavan on the next day 6.00 a.m.

In Brindavan we visited some very important places and lunch was transported to a distance of 40 kms. Next day Goverdhan parikrama was conducted in a very grand way. Around 2500 people walked 7 kms distance chanting Hari Nama. I could chant Sri Thirupallandu, Thirupalliachu, Thiruppavai, Kannin Shiruthambu and other small mantras. Abhishekam was performed to Utsava Murthy’s brought from one Divya Desham in Tamilnadu and the Goverdhangiri shile. It was wonderful scene there. At this place also Lunch with Planton Leaves were served to all the Yatris. Next day i.e., 13th instant we left to Delhi to catch the Bangalore Train.

Average age of the Yatris were 60 years. One lady being Physically Handicapped had come on a Wheel chair and used to carry the wheel char in the bus. Where Wheel chair is not possible, she used to walk. One more yatri was paralytic. So many ladies had slip disc problem and were wearing waist Medical belts. Hardly 10 yatris were ill with dehydration.

Arrangements were excellent and we felt none other than Sri Lord Krishna was leading the whole trip.

One more trip is likely to be conducted next year – Sri Rama Nadu Yatra – 21 days and a very tough. By praying Sri Rama, I have given my name. In case God accepts my name, I am there in that trip.

Number of cooks were 150. We were served Pooris and Chappathis in the Train also.

Keep up with people you care about with India Mail. Learn how.