IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: MAYILPEELI - THE AGONY OF THE PEACOCK

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Mr.Gopalakrishna,

Thank you for the information.I will search for it in the google.By the by, apart from many issue, starting of Oldage Homes is also included in the Meeting on Protection and Feeding of Cattle, Goats and Sheep scheduled to be held on 8th November 2009 in Chennai.

Dear All,

Please do get likeminded persons to the Meeting on 8th November 2009 to be held in Chennai to discuss about starting an Oldage Home for its also an important issue.

Yours sincerly,

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN.te:

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kvRe: Fwd: [Guruvayur] Re: MAYILPEELI - THE AGONY OF THE PEACOCKmbaabou, "Venkata krishnan" <bcvk71Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 11:56 PM

Dear Mr. Venkatakrishnan,I searched under google search and got the information that there is an Animal Welfare Board of India and it is based at Chennai (?). I request you also to put it on google search and see. Their website URL is awbi.The information collected is given below:I am forwarding your mail to the Guruvayoor to get more suggestions.RegardsK.V. Gopalakrishna22A, Second Cross, Judicial Officers' Layout,Sanjay Nagar, Bangalore 560094.Tel: (080) 23510378 Cell: 9900396148.webmaster, www.narayaneeyam.com

Smt Rukmini Devi Arundale Founder Chairman Maj.Gen(Retd)Dr.R.M.Kharb, AVSM Hon'ble Chairman Shri Doulat Jain Hon'ble Vice-ChairmanChairman Maj. Gen. (Retd.) Dr. R.M. Kharb, AVSM,Chairman3767, Sector 23, Gurgaon – 122 017 Vice-Chairman Shri Doulat Jain No.55, Narayana Mudali Street, Sowcarpet Chennai - 600 079 Members The Director General

of Forests,Ministry of Environment and Forests,Paryavaran Bhavan, CGO Complex,Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 003 Animal Husbandry Commissioner,Dept. of Animal Husbandry & Dairying,Govt. of India, Krishi Bhavan,New Delhi – 110 001 Shri Rajeev Gupta, IAS.,Principal Resident Commissioner,Government of Uttarakhand,104, Indra Prakash Building,21, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi – 110 001 Shri Shailaji Kant Misra, IPS,Additional Director General of Police, Government of Uttar Pradesh GO 4, 35, PAC Campus Mahanagar, Lucknow - 226 006. Uttar Pradesh Shri Vadilal Kamdar,Representative ofShree Mandal Mahajan

Pinjrapole,P.O. Mandal, Teh. Viramgham,Dist. Ahmedabad, Gujarat – 382 130 5/A, Krishna Society,Near Law Garden,Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad – 380 006 Shri Guljari Lal Soni,82, Chitra Gupt Nagar,“1st Imali – Phatak,Post Jaipur – 302 015 Rajasthan Shri Mahendra Kumar Bam,47, Kavi Kalidas Path,Badnagar – 456 771,District Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh Ms. Norma Alvares, Advocate,G-8, St. Britto’s Apartments,Feira Alta, Mapusa – 403 507Goa Dr. Amaresh Chatterjee,Representative of Assam State,SPCA Guwahati, No. 4/2-A, Leonard Road,Hastings, Kolkatta – 700 022West Bengal Shri Hiranmay Karlekar,Journalist,E-54, Sujan Singh Park, New Delhi Smt.

Amala Akkineni,Representative of Blue Cross of Hyderabad,403/9, Road No. 35,Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad – 500 033Andhra Pradesh Dr. Md. Saleem Aslam, 162/4A, Thiruvalluvar Salai, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai-600 041 Dr. Brahamchari OmswaroopparyaAyurvaid,Gurukul Gaushala Bikadala,Panipat, Haryana Dr. Arun SirkeckRepresentativeMunicipal Corporation Shimla,The Mall, Shimla – 171 001Himachal Pradesh Lt. Col (Retd.) Dr. J.C. Khanna,Representative ofSPCA, Bombay, Dr. S.S. Rao Road,Parel, Mumbai – 400 012Maharashtra The Director,Wildlife Institute of

India,Post Bag No. 18,Chandrabani, Dehradun – 248 001 The Representative,Municipal Corporation of Delhi,Town Hall, Chandni Chowk,New Delhi – 110 006 OFFICERS OF THE BOARD Shri D.Rajasekar, IFS, SecretaryShri R.B.Chaudhary, Assistant Secretary (Offg.)Shri S.Vinod Kumar, Accounts OfficerDr.S.Bharat Kumar, Humane Education Officer INTRODUCTION CONSTITUTION ACTS BOARD'S FUNCTION INVESTIGATION OFFICERS\ MEMBERS ORGANISATIONS GRANTS POLICY PUBLICATIONS CONTACT UScopyright @ 2009 Fusiontec Software. For more

details:ANIMAL WELFARE BOARD OF INDIAinfo awbi-- कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः ||

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Venkata krishnan <bcvk71 wrote:

Dear Mr.Gopalakrishnan,

There is no Animal Welfare Board in India.There is only Blue Cross which fights against Animal torture.It is we who have to protect the Animals including Peacocks and Peahens.There are also included in our Protection and Feeding of Cattle, Goats and Sheep which includes all animals.The Meeting is scheduled to take place on 8th November 2009 in Chennai .You are welcome to the Meeting and bring also likeminded persons to the Meeting.As you are included in our group, I would like to know your place of Residence, including foreign countries, your Address, telephone no: and all contact information.I will also include this topic of Peacock in the Meeding to discuss.Meanwhile, mail me your suggestions and let us discuss in internet.

Yours sincerly,

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN.

K.V Gopalakrishna <gopalakrishna.kvFwd: [Guruvayur] Re: MAYILPEELI - THE AGONY OF THE PEACOCK"Venkata krishnan" <bcvk71Cc: guruvayur , NBNairDate: Monday, October 26, 2009, 10:36 PM

Dear Shri. Venkatakrishnan,Here is a series of messages on cruelty to peacocks.How to tackle this cruelty? Is there no Animal Welfare Board in this country ? Why dont you get in touch with them? I am specially requesting you as you have an organised forum.RegardsK.V. Gopalakrishna

---------- Forwarded message ----------Veryytterium <veryytteriumMon, Oct 26, 2009 at 7:59 PMRe: [Guruvayur] Re: MAYILPEELI - THE AGONY OF THE PEACOCKguruvayur

namo narayana

Respected Sir,

I have never heard about vetiver plant root. Can you please let me know what is it and where such a fan would be available, either in the U.S, Mumbai or on-line.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Kamlesh--- On Sun, 10/25/09, Achuthan Nair <anair1101 wrote:

Achuthan Nair <anair1101[Guruvayur] Re: MAYILPEELI - THE AGONY OF THE PEACOCKguruvayur Date: Sunday, October 25, 2009, 7:58 PM

Kamleshji, I have a suggestion for you. Instead of looking for a Mayilpeeli fan, why not use a fan made out of the Vetiver plant root ? It has a very pleasnt aroma besides its medicinal benefits. Only an idea , you might already be aware of it.jai shree krishna !Achuthan Nair

guruvayur@grou ps.com, Veryytterium <veryytterium@ ...> wrote:>> namo narayana> > Respected Sir,> > Thank you for making us aware of this horrible atrocity in the name of Lord Krishna.> > A year ago, I was actually planning to buy a peacock fan to fan the Lord during puja on special occassions like ekadasi etc, but something made me feel that the feathers used in the fan would be obtained after much cruel and violent treatment of the peacocks. Your email, has infact validated my suspicions!> > I guess, the worst of the Kai yuga has arrived with its gross ignorance and violent and exploitative nature not only against animals but also against humans.> > The saddest joke is that the devotees of Sri

Krishna abuse the same animals which the Lord loved and adored.> > I hope and pray that the Lord gives us intelligence, courage and compassion to worship Him without causing any sufferings on His four legged/feathered children.> > Sincerely,> > Kamlesh> > --- On Sat, 10/24/09, Achuthan Nair <anair1101@. ..> wrote:> > > Achuthan Nair <anair1101@. ..>> [Guruvayur] MAYILPEELI - THE AGONY OF THE PEACOCK> guruvayur@grou ps.com > Saturday, October 24, 2009, 8:21 PM> > > > > > > > Hari-om> We have had discussions about cruelty to Cows and Elephants in this forum. Another creature that deserves mention is the Peacock, the vehicle and beloved bird of many Hindu Gods. Bhagavan Sree krishna has peacock feathers tucked in His headset. There are many folklores where peacock, the national bird of India is revered as symbol of good luck nd beauty.> The mayipeeli adorns Sreekrishna' s headset and when devotees go to buy pooja items from the flower shop,at Guruvayoor the vendor remindes the devotee to buy some peacock feathers as well because they are Bhagavan's favourite. > It was true at one time but now it has become sad tale of cruel business practice. > During the time Bhagavan used to play in Brindavan, there were thousnds of these

birds roaming freely the forests and gardens. They shed ( process callled molting ) their feathers every year and they were in plentiful, Times changed and the birds have become scarce but the demnd for the feathers is high. Thus it has become a multi-million business.> Many of us are unaware how 90% of the mayilpeeli is collected. > They are obtained from Peacock breeding farms where the live birds are fed into an automatic de-feathering machine which seperates the feathers without damaging them and the carcass is sold as meat and also for producing Peacock oil , a much sought after illegal bone treatment medicine.> Then there are poachers who chase these birds and pluck out the tail feathers causing severe pain and suffering to the birds. > There are still others who trap them in metal cages and pull out the feathers one by one from the live birds. > In short

only very few of the naturally shed ( called molting ) feathers reach the market. > By buying, using and offering these feathers we become part of this cruel and inhuman treatment of peacocks .> jai shree krishna !> Achuthan Nair> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

-- कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः || -- कृषà¥à¤£à¥‡à¤¤à¤¿ मंगलमॠनाम यसà¥à¤¯ वाचि पà¥à¤°à¤µà¤°à¥à¤¤à¤¤à¥‡ |भसà¥à¤®à¥€à¤­à¤µà¤¨à¥à¤¤à¤¿ तसà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤¶à¥ महापातककोटयः ||