IndiaDivine.org

A blissful trip

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear allNamaskaramRecently I went for a blissful trip and just want to share the experience. We, a pack of four started from bangalore to visit few temples in the Mysore road. Our main aim is to visit Doddhamallur, Maddur and Srirangapatna. Of these 3 we had already visited Mallur and Rangapatna and we planned to visit a famous Varadhar temple at Maddur.We started at around 3 pm from bangalore, driving on the Mysore road, we reached Mallur at around 5 pm. We had an excellent dharshan of Kutty Krishna and Lord Apprameyar - Aravindavalli thayar! We were unable to move away from Krishna. One can keep on be admiring the black Krishna that too in such darkness of color one can appreciate the beautiful curly hair and the half lifted foot where we can see the sole of the

foot raised and balancing His body. Beautiful sight. Nearly for about 20 mins Krishna arrested us in His beauty!!There was a Hanuman temple nearby with a gigantic Hanuman!We asked the bhattacharya there to know the route for Maddur Varadhar temple. He also made us prove that we are running short of time as Srirangapatna will be closed at 8 pm. We just followed the route as told by him and to our surprise we reached the temple without any confusion. From the entrance we were able to see the deity and we were very happy to have the dharshan. We parked our vehicle and went in. To our surprise at that moment when we entered the curtains have been laid. So we were waiting in His sanctum santorum and after 5 mins the curtains were opened. Surprised!! It was Narasimhar not Varadhar. We all looked starring at each other. We werent able to read the name of the temple. Bouts of astonishment added from that moment.No.1 He is

actually Narasimhar and not Varadhar. The bhattacharyar while showing the harathi, just lifted a part of the alankaram and showed us Hiranyan laid down and then we understood that He is UGRA NARASIMHAR. He was showing the real sight of the avatar!!! Awesome!! Prahaladan on His right under His foot- Rakshikkum swaroopam!The intestines as garland!Garudar carrying Him.We were dumbstruck. A young Bhattacharya saw us so surprised and came front to narrate the whole story! The temple stood there from Dwapara Yuga. When Arjuna during Gita pleaded Krishna to show His avatarams, Krishna displayed all His avataram except Narasimhar. He told Arjuna that he cannot withstand the Ugram and hence he asked Brahma to show His avataram at this shethram! Hence the name ARJUNAPURI SHETHRAM!!So this perumal is prathyaksham to Brahma!More than this an other sannithi of this temple made us awestruck. While coming from the

sannidi, to the right we could see a deity and I thought it should be ahobilavalli thayar. But since we cannot read the language we went near and got totally confused!It was like a lady holding a child. The bhattacharya was so kind enough that he followed us and told the beauty of the sculpture. It is Yashoda giving milk to Baby Krishna, but the maya krishna was with one eyes smiling at his mother while the other eyes facing upwards. That seem to be quite odd becoz the eyes were beautifully drawn! To our surprise there was a small Brahma idol on the upward direction and the bhattacharya told us that from baby Krishna's naabi kamalam Brahma's origination has been expressed!!! Around the sculpture Bhagavadam stories are impregnated!!No words to explain. We then left to two thayar sannidhis and had a great dharshan!We were really running out of time and others decided to skip Varadhar. But being my favourite swaroopam of the Lord I put my foot

forward that I wont come without visiting Varadhar. So two of us hurried to have dharshan.But I never expected, it was not like a temple with gopuram and all. A big wall was laid and steps were put near it. The young bhattacharya climbed the steps and he was the one who is going to open the temple!! At 6:30 pm no lights were put on. the steps reminded me of Kanchipuram- the same Hastha-giri type of Varadhar malai. He opened the doors for us. Majestic Varadhar with gadai and just like Kanchi, ma-su-sa was the only thing missing! About 18 feet tall! Awesome! The story behind was around 800 years back, the mother of the king ruling the place lost her eyesight. His guru Rmanujar (I am not sure about the name but i could understand it from his language as ramanuja- maybe some student of Ramanujar) advised the king to take his mother to kanchi. But becoz of age constraint he could not take her and decided to make a Varadhar of the same sort.

So he called sculpture-makers from Kanchi to make a Varadhar identical to Kanchi Varadhar. Once when the sculpture was ready, kumbabhishekam was done. When the king's mother opened her eyes in front of Him her vision regained and to all others surprise, she said she could see Mahalakshi on His right side chest!!!So there is no separate thayar sannidhi and they added mahalakshmi's impression on His right chest hence the shethram is for Mokshaparam becoz of Ikkiam of thayar within perumal!! Becoz of granting eye sight He is also called NETHRA NARAYANARWith a heavy heart we left Varadhar and our mind drove fast to have dharshan of Ranganathar. Thank God Srirangapatnam Ranganathar was very generous that He extended His time of ekanda seva, nevertheless Ranganathar at Srirangam is so punctual-right at that point closes His doors. We had an excellent Dharshan of Ranga with all alzhwars with pavithramaalai. It was just like vaikundam. All

alzhwars were assembled on His sides with Him lying peacefully with thayar at His foot end!!Amazing Dhrashan. A common thing was everywhere the sannidhi was closed and the opened to increase our curiosity!One small information is Muthangi sevai is done to Ugra narasimhar on 28th december. If time permits people residing near bangalore/Mysore can have the great dharshan!regards

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

When Purandaradasar visiteed this temple one evening, he saw the doors of Lord Krishna closed and couldn't have the darshan. He couldn't stay for the night to have the darshan in the next morning. He was bet upon having the darshan and sang in his praise - Jagathotharana Aadisethele Yashoda-the door opended and Lord Krishna appeared before him and blessed him. Thus the famous song of Purandaradasa got composed in praise of Krishna, here in this same temple

S.V.Krishnan

18 Thiruvengadam Street Extensions

East Raja Annamalaipuram

Chennai 600028

Landline 24617660

mobile 99400 95670

From: sindhusarathiDate: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 04:25:31 -0800 A blissful trip

Dear allNamaskaramRecently I went for a blissful trip and just want to share the experience. We, a pack of four started from bangalore to visit few temples in the Mysore road. Our main aim is to visit Doddhamallur, Maddur and Srirangapatna. Of these 3 we had already visited Mallur and Rangapatna and we planned to visit a famous Varadhar temple at Maddur.We started at around 3 pm from bangalore, driving on the Mysore road, we reached Mallur at around 5 pm. We had an excellent dharshan of Kutty Krishna and Lord Apprameyar - Aravindavalli thayar! We were unable to move away from Krishna. One can keep on be admiring the black Krishna that too in such darkness of color one can appreciate the beautiful curly hair and the half lifted foot where we can see the sole of the foot raised and balancing His body. Beautiful sight. Nearly for about 20 mins Krishna arrested us in His beauty!!There was a Hanuman temple nearby with a gigantic Hanuman!We asked the bhattacharya there to know the route for Maddur Varadhar temple. He also made us prove that we are running short of time as Srirangapatna will be closed at 8 pm. We just followed the route as told by him and to our surprise we reached the temple without any confusion. From the entrance we were able to see the deity and we were very happy to have the dharshan. We parked our vehicle and went in. To our surprise at that moment when we entered the curtains have been laid. So we were waiting in His sanctum santorum and after 5 mins the curtains were opened. Surprised!! It was Narasimhar not Varadhar. We all looked starring at each other. We werent able to read the name of the temple. Bouts of astonishment added from that moment.No.1 He is actually Narasimhar and not Varadhar. The bhattacharyar while showing the harathi, just lifted a part of the alankaram and showed us Hiranyan laid down and then we understood that He is UGRA NARASIMHAR. He was showing the real sight of the avatar!!! Awesome!! Prahaladan on His right under His foot- Rakshikkum swaroopam!The intestines as garland!Garudar carrying Him.We were dumbstruck. A young Bhattacharya saw us so surprised and came front to narrate the whole story! The temple stood there from Dwapara Yuga. When Arjuna during Gita pleaded Krishna to show His avatarams, Krishna displayed all His avataram except Narasimhar. He told Arjuna that he cannot withstand the Ugram and hence he asked Brahma to show His avataram at this shethram! Hence the name ARJUNAPURI SHETHRAM!!So this perumal is prathyaksham to Brahma!More than this an other sannithi of this temple made us awestruck. While coming from the sannidi, to the right we could see a deity and I thought it should be ahobilavalli thayar. But since we cannot read the language we went near and got totally confused!It was like a lady holding a child. The bhattacharya was so kind enough that he followed us and told the beauty of the sculpture. It is Yashoda giving milk to Baby Krishna, but the maya krishna was with one eyes smiling at his mother while the other eyes facing upwards. That seem to be quite odd becoz the eyes were beautifully drawn! To our surprise there was a small Brahma idol on the upward direction and the bhattacharya told us that from baby Krishna's naabi kamalam Brahma's origination has been expressed!!! Around the sculpture Bhagavadam stories are impregnated!!No words to explain. We then left to two thayar sannidhis and had a great dharshan!We were really running out of time and others decided to skip Varadhar. But being my favourite swaroopam of the Lord I put my foot forward that I wont come without visiting Varadhar. So two of us hurried to have dharshan.But I never expected, it was not like a temple with gopuram and all. A big wall was laid and steps were put near it. The young bhattacharya climbed the steps and he was the one who is going to open the temple!! At 6:30 pm no lights were put on. the steps reminded me of Kanchipuram- the same Hastha-giri type of Varadhar malai. He opened the doors for us. Majestic Varadhar with gadai and just like Kanchi, ma-su-sa was the only thing missing! About 18 feet tall! Awesome! The story behind was around 800 years back, the mother of the king ruling the place lost her eyesight. His guru Rmanujar (I am not sure about the name but i could understand it from his language as ramanuja- maybe some student of Ramanujar) advised the king to take his mother to kanchi. But becoz of age constraint he could not take her and decided to make a Varadhar of the same sort. So he called sculpture-makers from Kanchi to make a Varadhar identical to Kanchi Varadhar. Once when the sculpture was ready, kumbabhishekam was done. When the king's mother opened her eyes in front of Him her vision regained and to all others surprise, she said she could see Mahalakshi on His right side chest!!!So there is no separate thayar sannidhi and they added mahalakshmi's impression on His right chest hence the shethram is for Mokshaparam becoz of Ikkiam of thayar within perumal!! Becoz of granting eye sight He is also called NETHRA NARAYANARWith a heavy heart we left Varadhar and our mind drove fast to have dharshan of Ranganathar. Thank God Srirangapatnam Ranganathar was very generous that He extended His time of ekanda seva, nevertheless Ranganathar at Srirangam is so punctual-right at that point closes His doors. We had an excellent Dharshan of Ranga with all alzhwars with pavithramaalai. It was just like vaikundam. All alzhwars were assembled on His sides with Him lying peacefully with thayar at His foot end!!Amazing Dhrashan. A common thing was everywhere the sannidhi was closed and the opened to increase our curiosity!One small information is Muthangi sevai is done to Ugra narasimhar on 28th december. If time permits people residing near bangalore/Mysore can have the great dharshan!regards

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.