Rate this topic

Guest guest

Shrihi

Dear All

I wanted to send the mail when question of Narasimhar Temples location arrived

in our e-groups , but due to Office work i could not send the mail. Now time

has come I should inform you all that Mel Nadu ( Present day Karnataka ) which

is my Karmabhoomi and my adopted state has lot of Narasimhar Temples and each

moorthy is unique and mostly it is housed in Trikootachala shaili ( Type)

Temples. I agree with Madam Sindhu that Maddur is famous for Vardha and Nrusimha

temple. ( Last week some lady called me and asked me the way to Marehalli

Narasimha Temple and other nearby temple , I guess it should Sindhu only) . With

blessings of my Acharyan H H Rangapriya Swami I have been doing holy Kainkaryam

of building websites for Temples in and around Karnataka and they are housed in

mega website:

www.vishnutemplesofkarnataka.ino (recently this website name was rechristened

and I have to do lot of changes)

The Maddur temples details can be found in the link

http://www.vishnutemplesofkarnataka.info/Mandya/madnar.htm

http://www.vishnutemplesofkarnataka.info/Mandya/madvar.htm

Original Photo

http://www.pbase.com/svami/maddur

I wish to inform you all that I have covered lot of Vishnu temples in my

Karmabhoomi , Due to the fact that I run my own Software company and also assist

my wife in her Pharmacy Business, I run short of time. I have been able to put

the sthalapurana and pic of only few temples, but with God’s grace I have been

able to give you the visual treat now and then . My collections of Picture can

be found in

http://www.pbase.com/svami/melnattu_thirukkoil

I am thankful to my well wisher Sri Diwakar and Sri Mukund for having allotted a

exclusive section for Melnadu Thirukoilgal.

I am sure in coming days I will give you a fresh revamped website.

I am also giving you the details of my other websites below

Sri Rangapriya Smaranam

Lakshminarasimhan Sridhar,

Mail To:

“Sriharitha” [behind Water Tank],

Sathyam Street,I Cross,

Munieshwara Swamy Layout,

Munnekolala, Marthahalli Post,

Bangalore: 560037.

Tel:-28475017/28476880.

Medical Shop : 41169839

Cell: 9448322378 .

E-mail- srihi.

or shrihi

Religious Websites :

www.vishnutemplesofkarnataka.info

www.sathyagalamtemple.info

www.ramanujartemples.net

www.desikantemples.net

www.doddamallurtemple.net

www.bindinganaviletemple.net

www.gopuradharisanam.com

www.srirangapriya.net ( Asmath Acharyan's Website)

www.marehallitemple.net

www.kkavenkatachariswamy.org

Commercial websites:

www.imagewaresoft.co.in ( My company)

www.iyengarsbakery.net

www.parthapolicing.com ( Dedicated to my Uncle)

fromSindhu Sarathi <sindhusarathi

reply-to

to

dateSun, Dec 27, 2009 at 5:55 PM

subject A blissful trip

mailing list<.> Filter messages from this mailing list

Un from this mailing-list

hide details 5:55 PM (21 hours ago)

Images are not displayed.

Display images below - Always display images from sindhusarathi

Dear all

Namaskaram

Recently I went for a blissful trip and just want to share the experience. We, a

pack of four started from bangalore to visit few temples in the Mysore road. Our

main aim is to visit Doddhamallur, Maddur and Srirangapatna. Of these 3 we had

already visited Mallur and Rangapatna and we planned to visit a famous Varadhar

temple at Maddur.

We started at around 3 pm from bangalore, driving on the Mysore road, we reached

Mallur at around 5 pm. We had an excellent dharshan of Kutty Krishna and Lord

Apprameyar - Aravindavalli thayar! We were unable to move away from Krishna. One

can keep on be admiring the black Krishna that too in such darkness of color one

can appreciate the beautiful curly hair and the half lifted foot where we can

see the sole of the foot raised and balancing His body. Beautiful sight. Nearly

for about 20 mins Krishna arrested us in His beauty!!

There was a Hanuman temple nearby with a gigantic Hanuman!

We asked the bhattacharya there to know the route for Maddur Varadhar temple. He

also made us prove that we are running short of time as Srirangapatna will be

closed at 8 pm.

We just followed the route as told by him and to our surprise we reached the

temple without any confusion. From the entrance we were able to see the deity

and we were very happy to have the dharshan. We parked our vehicle and went in.

To our surprise at that moment when we entered the curtains have been laid. So

we were waiting in His sanctum santorum and after 5 mins the curtains were

opened. Surprised!! It was Narasimhar not Varadhar. We all looked starring at

each other. We werent able to read the name of the temple. Bouts of astonishment

added from that moment.

No.1 He is actually Narasimhar and not Varadhar. The bhattacharyar while showing

the harathi, just lifted a part of the alankaram and showed us Hiranyan laid

down and then we understood that He is UGRA NARASIMHAR. He was showing the real

sight of the avatar!!! Awesome!!

Prahaladan on His right under His foot- Rakshikkum swaroopam!

The intestines as garland!

Garudar carrying Him.

We were dumbstruck. A young Bhattacharya saw us so surprised and came front to

narrate the whole story! The temple stood there from Dwapara Yuga. When Arjuna

during Gita pleaded Krishna to show His avatarams, Krishna displayed all His

avataram except Narasimhar. He told Arjuna that he cannot withstand the Ugram

and hence he asked Brahma to show His avataram at this shethram! Hence the name

ARJUNAPURI SHETHRAM!!

So this perumal is prathyaksham to Brahma!

More than this an other sannithi of this temple made us awestruck. While coming

from the sannidi, to the right we could see a deity and I thought it should be

ahobilavalli thayar. But since we cannot read the language we went near and got

totally confused!It was like a lady holding a child. The bhattacharya was so

kind enough that he followed us and told the beauty of the sculpture. It is

Yashoda giving milk to Baby Krishna, but the maya krishna was with one eyes

smiling at his mother while the other eyes facing upwards. That seem to be quite

odd becoz the eyes were beautifully drawn! To our surprise there was a small

Brahma idol on the upward direction and the bhattacharya told us that from baby

Krishna's naabi kamalam Brahma's origination has been expressed!!! Around the

sculpture Bhagavadam stories are impregnated!!No words to explain. We then left

to two thayar sannidhis and had a great dharshan!

We were really running out of time and others decided to skip Varadhar. But

being my favourite swaroopam of the Lord I put my foot forward that I wont come

without visiting Varadhar. So two of us hurried to have dharshan.

But I never expected, it was not like a temple with gopuram and all. A big wall

was laid and steps were put near it. The young bhattacharya climbed the steps

and he was the one who is going to open the temple!! At 6:30 pm no lights were

put on. the steps reminded me of Kanchipuram- the same Hastha-giri type of

Varadhar malai. He opened the doors for us. Majestic Varadhar with gadai and

just like Kanchi, ma-su-sa was the only thing missing! About 18 feet tall!

Awesome!

The story behind was around 800 years back, the mother of the king ruling the

place lost her eyesight. His guru Rmanujar (I am not sure about the name but i

could understand it from his language as ramanuja- maybe some student of

Ramanujar) advised the king to take his mother to kanchi. But becoz of age

constraint he could not take her and decided to make a Varadhar of the same

sort. So he called sculpture-makers from Kanchi to make a Varadhar identical to

Kanchi Varadhar. Once when the sculpture was ready, kumbabhishekam was done.

When the king's mother opened her eyes in front of Him her vision regained and

to all others surprise, she said she could see Mahalakshi on His right side

chest!!!

So there is no separate thayar sannidhi and they added mahalakshmi's impression

on His right chest hence the shethram is for Mokshaparam becoz of Ikkiam of

thayar within perumal!! Becoz of granting eye sight He is also called NETHRA

NARAYANAR

With a heavy heart we left Varadhar and our mind drove fast to have dharshan of

Ranganathar. Thank God Srirangapatnam Ranganathar was very generous that He

extended His time of ekanda seva, nevertheless Ranganathar at Srirangam is so

punctual-right at that point closes His doors. We had an excellent Dharshan of

Ranga with all alzhwars with pavithramaalai. It was just like vaikundam. All

alzhwars were assembled on His sides with Him lying peacefully with thayar at

His foot end!!Amazing Dhrashan.

A common thing was everywhere the sannidhi was closed and the opened to increase

our curiosity!

One small information is Muthangi sevai is done to Ugra narasimhar on 28th

december. If time permits people residing near bangalore/Mysore can have the

great dharshan!

regards

Namaskaram sir,Thanks for the prompt reply. But the person who called was not me. Anyway would be happy if you could share your number for future reference, since we have a plan of visiting various temples at karnataka. My recent target is a temple called T.Narasingapur near Melkote.regards"srihi" <srihi Cc: shrihiSent: Mon, 28 December, 2009 3:49:00 PM A blissful tripShrihiDear AllI wanted to send the mail when question of Narasimhar Temples location arrived in our e-groups , but due to Office work i could not send the mail. Now time has come I should inform you all that Mel Nadu ( Present day Karnataka ) which is my Karmabhoomi and my adopted state has lot of Narasimhar Temples and each moorthy is unique and mostly it is housed in Trikootachala shaili ( Type) Temples. I agree with Madam Sindhu that Maddur is famous for Vardha and Nrusimha temple. ( Last week some lady called me and asked me the way to Marehalli Narasimha Temple and other nearby temple , I guess it should Sindhu only) . With blessings of my Acharyan H H Rangapriya Swami I have been doing holy Kainkaryam of building websites for Temples in and around Karnataka and they

are housed in mega website:www.vishnutemplesofkarnataka.ino (recently this website name was rechristened and I have to do lot of changes)The Maddur temples details can be found in the linkhttp://www.vishnutemplesofkarnataka.info/Mandya/madnar.htmhttp://www.vishnutemplesofkarnataka.info/Mandya/madvar.htmOriginal Photohttp://www.pbase.com/svami/maddurI wish to inform you all that I have covered lot of Vishnu temples in my Karmabhoomi , Due to the fact that I run my own Software company and also assist my wife in her Pharmacy Business, I run short of time. I have been able to put the

sthalapurana and pic of only few temples, but with God’s grace I have been able to give you the visual treat now and then . My collections of Picture can be found in http://www.pbase.com/svami/melnattu_thirukkoilI am thankful to my well wisher Sri Diwakar and Sri Mukund for having allotted a exclusive section for Melnadu Thirukoilgal.I am sure in coming days I will give you a fresh revamped website.I am also giving you the details of my other websites belowSri Rangapriya SmaranamLakshminarasimhan Sridhar, *****************************************Mail To:“Sriharitha†[behind Water Tank],Sathyam Street,I Cross,Munieshwara Swamy Layout,Munnekolala, Marthahalli Post, Bangalore: 560037.Tel:-28475017/28476880.Medical Shop : 41169839Cell: 9448322378 .E-mail- srihi. or shrihi*****************************************Religious Websites :www.vishnutemplesofkarnataka.infowww.sathyagalamtemple.infowww.ramanujartemples.netwww.desikantemples.net www.doddamallurtemple.netwww.bindinganaviletemple.net www.gopuradharisanam.com www.srirangapriya.net ( Asmath Acharyan's Website)www.marehallitemple.netwww.kkavenkatachariswamy.orgCommercial websites:www.imagewaresoft.co.in ( My company)www.iyengarsbakery.netwww.parthapolicing.com ( Dedicated to my Uncle)fromSindhu Sarathi <sindhusarathireply-to to dateSun, Dec 27, 2009 at 5:55 PMsubject A blissful tripmailing list<.> Filter messages from this mailing listUn from this mailing-listhide details 5:55 PM (21 hours ago) Images are not displayed.Display images below - Always display images from sindhusarathi Dear allNamaskaramRecently I went for a blissful trip and just want to share the experience. We, a pack of four started from bangalore to visit few temples in the Mysore road. Our main aim is to

visit Doddhamallur, Maddur and Srirangapatna. Of these 3 we had already visited Mallur and Rangapatna and we planned to visit a famous Varadhar temple at Maddur.We started at around 3 pm from bangalore, driving on the Mysore road, we reached Mallur at around 5 pm. We had an excellent dharshan of Kutty Krishna and Lord Apprameyar - Aravindavalli thayar! We were unable to move away from Krishna. One can keep on be admiring the black Krishna that too in such darkness of color one can appreciate the beautiful curly hair and the half lifted foot where we can see the sole of the foot raised and balancing His body. Beautiful sight. Nearly for about 20 mins Krishna arrested us in His beauty!!There was a Hanuman temple nearby with a gigantic Hanuman!We asked the bhattacharya there to know the route for Maddur Varadhar temple. He also made us prove that we are running short of time as Srirangapatna will be closed at 8 pm. We just

followed the route as told by him and to our surprise we reached the temple without any confusion. From the entrance we were able to see the deity and we were very happy to have the dharshan. We parked our vehicle and went in. To our surprise at that moment when we entered the curtains have been laid. So we were waiting in His sanctum santorum and after 5 mins the curtains were opened. Surprised!! It was Narasimhar not Varadhar. We all looked starring at each other. We werent able to read the name of the temple. Bouts of astonishment added from that moment.No.1 He is actually Narasimhar and not Varadhar. The bhattacharyar while showing the harathi, just lifted a part of the alankaram and showed us Hiranyan laid down and then we understood that He is UGRA NARASIMHAR. He was showing the real sight of the avatar!!! Awesome!! Prahaladan on His right under His foot- Rakshikkum swaroopam!The intestines as garland!Garudar

carrying Him.We were dumbstruck. A young Bhattacharya saw us so surprised and came front to narrate the whole story! The temple stood there from Dwapara Yuga. When Arjuna during Gita pleaded Krishna to show His avatarams, Krishna displayed all His avataram except Narasimhar. He told Arjuna that he cannot withstand the Ugram and hence he asked Brahma to show His avataram at this shethram! Hence the name ARJUNAPURI SHETHRAM!!So this perumal is prathyaksham to Brahma!More than this an other sannithi of this temple made us awestruck. While coming from the sannidi, to the right we could see a deity and I thought it should be ahobilavalli thayar. But since we cannot read the language we went near and got totally confused!It was like a lady holding a child. The bhattacharya was so kind enough that he followed us and told the beauty of the sculpture. It is Yashoda giving milk to Baby Krishna, but the maya krishna was with one eyes

smiling at his mother while the other eyes facing upwards. That seem to be quite odd becoz the eyes were beautifully drawn! To our surprise there was a small Brahma idol on the upward direction and the bhattacharya told us that from baby Krishna's naabi kamalam Brahma's origination has been expressed!!! Around the sculpture Bhagavadam stories are impregnated!!No words to explain. We then left to two thayar sannidhis and had a great dharshan!We were really running out of time and others decided to skip Varadhar. But being my favourite swaroopam of the Lord I put my foot forward that I wont come without visiting Varadhar. So two of us hurried to have dharshan.But I never expected, it was not like a temple with gopuram and all. A big wall was laid and steps were put near it. The young bhattacharya climbed the steps and he was the one who is going to open the temple!! At 6:30 pm no lights were put on. the steps reminded me of Kanchipuram-

the same Hastha-giri type of Varadhar malai. He opened the doors for us. Majestic Varadhar with gadai and just like Kanchi, ma-su-sa was the only thing missing! About 18 feet tall! Awesome! The story behind was around 800 years back, the mother of the king ruling the place lost her eyesight. His guru Rmanujar (I am not sure about the name but i could understand it from his language as ramanuja- maybe some student of Ramanujar) advised the king to take his mother to kanchi. But becoz of age constraint he could not take her and decided to make a Varadhar of the same sort. So he called sculpture-makers from Kanchi to make a Varadhar identical to Kanchi Varadhar. Once when the sculpture was ready, kumbabhishekam was done. When the king's mother opened her eyes in front of Him her vision regained and to all others surprise, she said she could see Mahalakshi on His right side chest!!!So there is no separate thayar sannidhi and they added

mahalakshmi's impression on His right chest hence the shethram is for Mokshaparam becoz of Ikkiam of thayar within perumal!! Becoz of granting eye sight He is also called NETHRA NARAYANARWith a heavy heart we left Varadhar and our mind drove fast to have dharshan of Ranganathar. Thank God Srirangapatnam Ranganathar was very generous that He extended His time of ekanda seva, nevertheless Ranganathar at Srirangam is so punctual-right at that point closes His doors. We had an excellent Dharshan of Ranga with all alzhwars with pavithramaalai. It was just like vaikundam. All alzhwars were assembled on His sides with Him lying peacefully with thayar at His foot end!!Amazing Dhrashan. A common thing was everywhere the sannidhi was closed and the opened to increase our curiosity!One small information is Muthangi sevai is done to Ugra narasimhar on 28th december. If time permits people residing near bangalore/Mysore can have the

great dharshan!regards---