IndiaDivine.org

Raghavayadhaveeyam by Sri Venkatadhvari

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

RAghavayAdhaveeyam

by Sri vEnkatADHvari

The author Sri Venkatadhvari was born at Arasanipalai near JKancheepuram and was astaumh follower of Sri vedntadesika.He had mastery in poetry and rhetorics. He had composed 14 works , the most important of them being Lakshmisahasram by composing which he got back his lost eyesight.

The present work Raghavayadhaveeyam comprises of 30 verses and deals with the story of Rama and Krishna together by adopting the style of anuloma and prathiloma, that is,reading each stanza as such and in reverse order, the former telling the story of Rama while the latter narrating the story of Krishna. Hence this work actually consists of 60 slokas in all.

The story of Rama follows Valmiki Ramayana closely but there is a slight deviation with respect to the story of Krishna which will be explained as the work progresses.The style is rather difficult to understand and the commentary in sanskrit is provided by the author himself to facilitate comprehension.I will try to give the same in English along with the sanskrit slokas which I will send as jpeg file separately.

Guest guest

Dear Bhagavathas I wanted to know about Raghava Yadaveeyam and Sarojam18 has given me more than what I had asked for. The full details of Sri Venkatadhwari Swami and an assurance that the whole text and translation would be separately sent in jpeg. I am really grateful to Sarojam and I place my pranamams for the same. I have gained much spiritually after I joined oppiliappan group. Dasan Raghunathansarojram18 <sarojram18 wrote: RAghavayAdhaveeyam by Sri vEnkatADHvari The author Sri Venkatadhvari was born at Arasanipalai near JKancheepuram and was astaumh follower of Sri vedntadesika.He had mastery in poetry and rhetorics. He had composed 14 works , the most important of them being Lakshmisahasram by composing which he got back his lost eyesight. The present

work Raghavayadhaveeyam comprises of 30 verses and deals with the story of Rama and Krishna together by adopting the style of anuloma and prathiloma, that is,reading each stanza as such and in reverse order, the former telling the story of Rama while the latter narrating the story of Krishna. Hence this work actually consists of 60 slokas in all. The story of Rama follows Valmiki Ramayana closely but there is a slight deviation with respect to the story of Krishna which will be explained as the work progresses.The style is rather difficult to understand and the commentary in sanskrit is provided by the author himself to facilitate comprehension.I will try to give

the same in English along with the sanskrit slokas which I will send as jpeg file separately. Please have a view of my Web site http://rraghunathan.blogspot.com to enjoy large amount of material on Education, Edutainment, Values in Life, Youth Issues and Spirituality

TV dinner still cooling?Check out "Tonight's Picks" on TV.