IndiaDivine.org

Vaishnava and the ideal Vaishnava

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear all, Please click on the following link to read an interesting and informative article by Sriman Mohan Sagar swami on GuhapperumAL (Guha): http://www.geocities.com/yatirajadasa/Guhan.doc Sriman Mohan Sagar swami needs no introduction to many of us as he is an active member of several of the on Srivaishnavism and involved in several kainkaryams in the US and India. Please click on the following link to access the earlier articles published in the Yatirajadasa website: http://www.geocities.com/yatirajadasa/articles.html adiyen ramanuja dasan Vishnu

Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.

Guest guest

Dear SVami,

Fine and excellent narration and bringingto the fore the real import of the realtionship with Gunahp perumAL.

I am not well versed in Sri RamayanA but the AchAryas and the aruLich chyeal has givne the right proportion of the rquired essence of the great epic.

I am reminded of the periya Thirumozhi pAsuram which summarizes wonderfully the greatness of EmperumAn

"yEzhai yEadhalan ..." Periya thirumozhi 5-7-1 and

SrivAchana bhUshaNa sUthram "Guhanukku thEmai thanEa nanmai AyiTru.."

Thanks Sri Mohan Sagar and Sri VishNu

This just reiterates the fact that aruLich chyeal and pUrvAchAryas works are the plank on which our philosophy rests.

dasan

vanamamalai padmanabhan

-

Srimahavishnu Vinjamuri

ramanuja ; ; ; oppiliappan

Cc: Venkatesh Thirumalai Vinjamoor ; tpv_rajan

Saturday, July 28, 2007 3:30 PM

[sri ramanuja] Vaishnava and the ideal Vaishnava

Dear all,

Please click on the following link to read an interesting and informative article by Sriman Mohan Sagar swami on GuhapperumAL (Guha):

http://www.geocities.com/yatirajadasa/Guhan.doc

Sriman Mohan Sagar swami needs no introduction to many of us as he is an active member of several of the on Srivaishnavism and involved in several kainkaryams in the US and India.

Please click on the following link to access the earlier articles published in the Yatirajadasa website:

http://www.geocities.com/yatirajadasa/articles.html

adiyen ramanuja dasan

Vishnu

Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.

Guest guest

Dear Sri VishNu,

I would put it this way. Thirumangai AzvAr was blessed by EmperumAn to visualise things of the past with the grace of EmperumAn.

AzvAr-s were blessed by EmprumAn Himself to go back on the time machine and see the past deeds-leelAs of Lord -refer balanAi yEazhulaguNdu parivinRi- ThiruVaimozhi 4-2;

there is no question of AzvArs being inspired by Valmikis and VyAsas

dasan

vanamamalai padmanabhan

-

Vishnu

ramanuja

Sunday, August 05, 2007 4:38 PM

Re: [sri ramanuja] Vaishnava and the ideal Vaishnava

Dear Sriman Padmanabhan swami,Thanks for the good words.rAmasya Atma sama: sakhA is the word used by Valmiki in Srimad Ramayanam (ayodhya kAnda 50.33) which means Guha was a dear friend to rAma who was (considered by Him) equal to Himself. This is in line with the later statement of Parthasarathy "gnAnItu Atmaiva mE matam" (Gita 7.18), the gnAnI (one who is blessed with even a little bit of knowledge about Him - as per Ramanuja Bhashya) is to be considered equivalent to the Lord Himself. This is further reiterated by Pillai Lokacharyar when he says in SrivachanabhUshaNam 223, 224 that one has to consider a fellow bhAgavata as "Acharya thulyan" or equal to one's own Acharya.Coming back to guha-Sri Rama sambandham, inspired by Srimad Ramayana, Thirumangai Azhwar composed "Ezhai Edhalan" pASuram where he says Rama, Lakshmana, Sita - all are Guha's dear friends. Further inspired by azhwars, Kamban places Rama and Sita as subservient to Guha as He is His dAsas' dAsa.In "vambulAm kUndhal" pASuram also, Thirumangai Azhwar is inspired by Valmiki Ramayanam, as he addresses maNdOdarI as the lady with fragrant hairlocks. Her hairlocks are fragrant because she placed her head at the feet of Lord Rama as she addresses Him straightaway as the supreme being by calling Him "tamasa: paramO dhAtA Sankha chakra gadAdhara:".adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsanVishnuramanuja , "Padmanabhan" <aazhwar wrote:>> > Dear SVami,> > > Fine and excellent narration and bringingto the fore the real import of the realtionship with Gunahp perumAL.> > I am not well versed in Sri RamayanA but the AchAryas and the aruLich chyeal has givne the right proportion of the rquired essence of the great epic.> > I am reminded of the periya Thirumozhi pAsuram which summarizes wonderfully the greatness of EmperumAn > "yEzhai yEadhalan ..." Periya thirumozhi 5-7-1 and> SrivAchana bhUshaNa sUthram "Guhanukku thEmai thanEa nanmai AyiTru.."> > Thanks Sri Mohan Sagar and Sri VishNu > This just reiterates the fact that aruLich chyeal and pUrvAchAryas works are the plank on which our philosophy rests.> > dasan> vanamamalai padmanabhan>

Guest guest

Adiyen Ramanujadasan,

Adiyen would like to submit that let us not compare one with another and say to mean that a great Idihasam which Udayavar wanted to learn, for which he went to Thirumalai, is " nothing in front of ...". Our apimanam with one need not stretch us to downgrade another.

Each one is great.

I am not just trying to pin point a thing, when every body is enjoying the greatness of alwar arulicheyalkal.

This kind of a trend I see even in the course of discourses of great scholars before whom I am a dust of a dust.

In vedantic lore, sri is refered as smrithi-dharmasastram and valmiki as bagavan. Later has to be pleaded repetedly by a father-son pair, none other than Brahma and devarishi Naradhar to write and not composed.

But my fear is we should not get into apacharam and lead a wrong path or footprint for younger generations to follow suit.

Adiyen Ramanujadasan

T.Madhusudhanan

ramanuja [ramanuja ]On Behalf Of VishnuTuesday, August 07, 2007 1:55 PMramanuja Subject: Re: [sri ramanuja] Vaishnava and the ideal Vaishnava

Dear Sriman Padmanabhan swami,I agree with you and stand myself corrected. It has to be the other way round i.e. Valmiki Ramayana etc. are to be interpreted and understood with the help of aruLiccheyals. Even the great Srimadramayana is nothing in front of azwhar srisooktis, say Acharyas.adiyen ramanuja dasanVishnuramanuja , "Padmanabhan" <aazhwar wrote:>> Dear Sri VishNu,> > I would put it this way. Thirumangai AzvAr was blessed by EmperumAn to visualise things of the past with the grace of EmperumAn.> > AzvAr-s were blessed by EmprumAn Himself to go back on the time machine and see the past deeds-leelAs of Lord -refer balanAi yEazhulaguNdu parivinRi- ThiruVaimozhi 4-2;> > there is no question of AzvArs being inspired by Valmikis and VyAsas> > dasan> vanamamalai padmanabhan

:) Dear Padmanabhan swAmi, that was really awesome. In fact when I was

reciting madal, I was wondering, why azhwAr had mentioned that 'kUrArnda

vALAl kodi mUkkum kAdhirandum ... sEra vagayE silai kunitthAN' i.e

azhwAr says that perumAL(rAman) had cut off the nose and ears of

sUrppaNakai. Whereas vAlmIki says it was iLayaperumAL who did that.

But after reading your message, I could, with my little mind understand

the fact that, it was perumAL who had been antharyAmi to the (good) work

that was done and hence it is more apt to say perumAL did it rather than

iLayaperumAL. Is this right? Kindly clarify.

adiyEn,

rAmAnuja dAsan

ramanuja , " Vishnu " <vsmvishnu wrote:

>

> Dear Sriman Padmanabhan swami,

>

> I agree with you and stand myself corrected. It has to be the other

> way round i.e. Valmiki Ramayana etc. are to be interpreted and

> understood with the help of aruLiccheyals. Even the great

> Srimadramayana is nothing in front of azwhar srisooktis, say

> Acharyas.

>

> adiyen ramanuja dasan

> Vishnu

>

> ramanuja , " Padmanabhan " aazhwar@ wrote:

> >

> > Dear Sri VishNu,

> >

> > I would put it this way. Thirumangai AzvAr was blessed by

> EmperumAn to visualise things of the past with the grace of

> EmperumAn.

> >

> > AzvAr-s were blessed by EmprumAn Himself to go back on the time

> machine and see the past deeds-leelAs of Lord -refer balanAi

> yEazhulaguNdu parivinRi- ThiruVaimozhi 4-2;

> >

> > there is no question of AzvArs being inspired by Valmikis and

> VyAsas

> >

> > dasan

> > vanamamalai padmanabhan

>

Sri:Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama: Swami Periyavachchan Pillai's vyakhyanam here sheds light on this: "thammudaiya kaiyAlEyiRE thaNdippadhu. rAmasya dakshiNO bAhu: thammudaiya thOLAyirukkiRa iLaiya perumALai iduviththu thaNdiththAr." Lakshmana is considered the right hand of Rama (dakshiNa bAhu). If someone does something with their hand, we don't say their hand did the task; instead we say they did the task. Similarly, Lakshmana acted like the hand of Rama and hence it is said that He cut the nose and ears of Surpanaka. She did apacharam and instead of using a third party to punish her, He used His right hand to give out the punishment. adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan "v.lakshminrusimhan" <v.lakshminrusimhan wrote: :) Dear Padmanabhan swAmi, that was really awesome. In fact when I wasreciting madal, I was wondering, why azhwAr had mentioned that 'kUrArndavALAl kodi mUkkum kAdhirandum ... sEra vagayE silai kunitthAN' i.eazhwAr says that perumAL(rAman) had cut off the nose and ears ofsUrppaNakai. Whereas vAlmIki says it was iLayaperumAL who did that.But after reading your message, I could, with my little mind understandthe fact that, it was perumAL who had been antharyAmi to the (good) workthat was done and hence it is more apt to say perumAL did it rather

thaniLayaperumAL. Is this right? Kindly clarify.adiyEn,rAmAnuja dAsanramanuja , "Vishnu" <vsmvishnu wrote:>> Dear Sriman Padmanabhan swami,>> I agree with you and stand myself corrected. It has to be the other> way round i.e. Valmiki Ramayana etc. are to be interpreted and> understood with the help of aruLiccheyals. Even the great> Srimadramayana is nothing in front of azwhar srisooktis, say> Acharyas.>> adiyen ramanuja dasan> Vishnu>> ramanuja , "Padmanabhan" aazhwar@ wrote:> >> > Dear Sri VishNu,> >> > I would put it this way. Thirumangai AzvAr was blessed by> EmperumAn to visualise things of the past with the grace of> EmperumAn.>

>> > AzvAr-s were blessed by EmprumAn Himself to go back on the time> machine and see the past deeds-leelAs of Lord -refer balanAi> yEazhulaguNdu parivinRi- ThiruVaimozhi 4-2;> >> > there is no question of AzvArs being inspired by Valmikis and> VyAsas> >> > dasan> > vanamamalai padmanabhan>

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Games.