IndiaDivine.org

RE: Sri Nrusimha Jayanthi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Bhagavatas:

You all know that I am not in the habit of showering praise on anyone to the skies at the drop of the hat to ingratiate myself in their good books. But, here is a person who deserves much more than what I (for that matter, anyone) can say about him!

I dare say that there can be no SrivaishNava who does not know the great Mahan, Sri Devanathan Iyengar Swami, Chairman, Sri Ahobila Muth, Hyderabad.

For all the yeoman services he is rendering to Srivaishnava cause in general and Sri Ahobila Mutt in particular, he is totally unostentatious and never shows off - which the much less qualified folks go about boasting!

It is no wonder that His Holiness Srimad Azhagiyasinghar has so much confidence in him and he is virtually the "Right hand man" for His Holiness.

He has been a perennial source of inspiration and never-failing guidance for me personally and it is my bhaaghyam to be associated with such a great soul.

His knowledge of our Satsampradayam and his sense of humour in presenting them for a clear understanding of the nuances can only be appreciated and I honestly feel that they cannot be emulated!

As the Editor of Nrisimhapriya Telugu-English Edition published from Hyderabad for over 25 years, he has endeared himself to a large circle of admirers, not only in Andhra Pradesh but also throughout the Srivaishnava world.

May Lord Nrisimha of Ahobilam, whom he serves with relentless devotion, bless him with a long, happy and healthy life to carry on his "kainkaryasri" to newer heights in the days ahead.

Dasoham

Anbil Ramaswamy

-----------

"kdevanathan31" <kdevanathan31 Sri Nrusimha Jayanthi Sat, 05 May 2007 00:51:27 -0000>Sri Ahobila Muth, Hyderabad is unique in more than one ways. It was>here that the 44th Jeyar evinced great interest in the midst of his>building Srirangam Rayagpuram.Malola Vidwat Sadas was held here soon>after the present 45th Jeeyar took over. During Silver Jubilee>celebrations of the Muth in 2004 first Vidwat Sadas IN ENGLISH was>held here. Branch Muths in A.P. viz in Tirumala, Tirupathi, Kurnool,>Cuddapah, Gadwal, and Nellore are managed from here. We have>excellent rapport with A.P.Government. Our Muth had published books>on 'Narasimha Cult in A.P.' and 'Narasimha Cult in>Telengana'. "Azhagiyasingars of Ahobilam" was published when the>present 45th Jeeyar's Pattabhishekam took place. Sri Nrisimha Priya -> Telugu-English is a bi-monthly journal from here, running its 25th>year.This year too Sri Nrisimha Jayanthi was celebrated on a grand>scale withnessed by about 2000 devotees in the morning and the same>figure in the evening. Kalyana Utsavam was performed in the mornig.>Tirumanchanam at 3 PM followed by Sahasranama Archana. Exactly at>the sunset hour - the auspicious hour of Sri Nrisimha Avatharam a>Mahadeepam waved by Pradhana Archakaswami engulfed the Lord and His>Consorts in brilliant effulgence sending a devotional thrill in the>heart of all the participating devotees. Sumptuous Prasadam too. ->K.Devanathan, Chairman, Sri Ahobila Muth, Hyderabad.>>>>>