can have the Samsayam clarified by either the

Sampadagar Swami or through his access with HH

Prakrutham Srimad Azhagiyasinghar.

AdiyEn still recollect the Prajapathi details from Sri

Vishnu PurAnam, found it very difficult to remember so

many details in there. Even for a person very

familiar with Sri Vishnu PurAnam, this part is filled

with great amount of personalities and lineage, that

they have to refer the source to clarify.

AdiyEn stopped at reading through the Prajapathi's

initiative and their vamsam and offered a manasika

thanks to them for giving this Karma/Dharma Bhoomi,

good progeny to profess Vaidhika Matham, and express

our regret/inability in forgetting their MahOpakaram.

AdiyEn Sri RAmAnuja DAsan,

Sudarsana DAsOsmi

--- srajan52 <srajan52 wrote:

>

>

> Dear Respected Sir's,

>

> I have been reading the Vishnu Puranam ( As

> published by Nrisimha

> Priya-HH 45th Jeeyar).

>

> It is said therein that Swayambhu Manu gave his

> daughter Ahuti in

> Marriage to Ruchi Prajapathi.

>

> However in the list of Prajapathi's created there is

> no mention of

> Ruchi.

>

> I had raised this question earlier. I got no

> response.

>

> One more doubt. Daksha married of his daughter to

> Dharma and Adharma

> however there is not mention of the creation of

> Dharma or adharma.

>

> The Lineage of some of the families in both Surya

> Vamsam and Chandra

> Vamsam is outright confusing. Why is there so much

> inconsistency in

> Such a important reverred document.

>

>

> With Namaskarams

>

>

> S.Rajan

Guest guest

Pranam!

While I am unable to answer comprehensively & a scholar on this list may give his valued inputs, what I think was:

There are two kinds srusti - stula(gross) and sukshma(subtle). All the lokas and prakruti gets created under stula srusti and all the subtle elements - mahat, ahankara etc., involving dharma/adharma, gyana/agyana etc., gets created under sukshma srusti.

There is no inconsistency in either vyasa's works or parashara's. Only our comprehension levels are prakrutic and won't gell with their works. For Example, it is said that all the puranas have been written by Vyasa in 3 languages to suit the different levels of intellect of jeevas. They are darshana, samadhi and guhya. In a nutshell, darshana is what we perceive out of puranas and for evolved beings(sages) they perceive hidden meanings in the puranas and this is what is called as samadhi and guhya is only comprehensible for gods (Lord not included, for he is the creator of gods). Thus, the comprehension levels vary as per our capability.

Normally it is said that gods won't like direct addressing but always a twisted one.

Reading scripture is one of the navavidha bhakti - i.e., shravana. I read so many things using my intellect. With this intellect which lacks traditional learning experience, even if Vyasa gives a upadesha it is incomprehensible for me, for, the gathering that vyasa or the likes have during pravachana are evolved souls & gods. Hence, either it is with his krupa that we can understand his works or the krupa of his disciples or devotees who are from the vedantic tradition, that we can comprehend vyasa's works.

Normally we tend to read puranas as a story, but it is not. Puranas which are quoted as pramanas by all the jagadgurus offer very high level of knowledge. Coming from the likes of Vyasa, they are no less than prastanatrayas. The darshana language won't help at all but it confuses and sometimes scare people to read further. That's why there is a need of traditional learning of scriptures under a guru. Till that happens all that we do under the name of swadhyaya may result in confusion galore.

I am sorry for not helping you in a way you liked but any hardline vedanthi would agree that the knowledge gained by such stray questions/answers sessions is shortlived. I am also one of those who has not undergone traditional learning and suffer occasionally with comprehension problems.

thanks

sukumar

On Behalf Of Sudarsan Parthasarathy.S.Tuesday, July 24, 2007 10:01 PMsrajan52; Subject: Re: Ruchi Prajapathi

> Dear Respected Sir's,> > I have been reading the Vishnu Puranam ( As> published by Nrisimha > Priya-HH 45th Jeeyar).> > It is said therein that Swayambhu Manu gave his> daughter Ahuti in > Marriage to Ruchi Prajapathi.> > However in the list of Prajapathi's created there is> no mention of > Ruchi.> > I had raised this question earlier. I got no> response.> > One more doubt. Daksha married of his daughter to> Dharma and Adharma > however there is not mention of the creation of> Dharma or adharma.> > The Lineage of some of the families in both Surya> Vamsam and Chandra > Vamsam is outright confusing. Why is there so much> inconsistency in > Such a important reverred document.> > > With Namaskarams> > > S.Rajan> > > > > > >

Guest guest

Namaskarams, I guess you and several other responders thought that i was being critical of Vishnu Puranam or even to the Version of Vishnu Puranam as released by Nrishimha Priya. Your reply is laced with so much of sarcasam which has hurt me to no end as mine was a simple innocent direct question( with no hidden agenda) which i think did not merit such a reply. I am hunble enough to understand my limitations and wanted guidance to understand whether i had missed out the obvious clarifcations (for the questions i had raised) in the Vishnu Puran itself. There are many People who have mastered this Purana and could be members of this august group. I wanted guidance from them. I am a humble srivaishnava with no pretensions of being able to criticise such revered texts ( i have mentioned the same

clearly in my message that VP is a reverred Text for me). I hope atleast you and other sarcatic responders to my posting are souls of higher plane with supreme comprehension and will pardon my trivial question and ignore the ignorance and lack of comprehension in it. regards, S.Rajan Sukumar S C <sukumar wrote: Pranam! While I am unable to answer

comprehensively & a scholar on this list may give his valued inputs, what I think was: There are two kinds srusti - stula(gross) and sukshma(subtle). All the lokas and prakruti gets created under stula srusti and all the subtle elements - mahat, ahankara etc., involving dharma/adharma, gyana/agyana etc., gets created under sukshma srusti. There is no inconsistency in either vyasa's works or parashara's. Only our comprehension levels are prakrutic and won't gell with their works. For Example, it is said that all the puranas have been written by Vyasa in

3 languages to suit the different levels of intellect of jeevas. They are darshana, samadhi and guhya. In a nutshell, darshana is what we perceive out of puranas and for evolved beings(sages) they perceive hidden meanings in the puranas and this is what is called as samadhi and guhya is only comprehensible for gods (Lord not included, for he is the creator of gods). Thus, the comprehension levels vary as per our capability. Normally it is said that gods won't like direct addressing but always a twisted one. Reading scripture is one of the navavidha bhakti - i.e., shravana. I read so many things using my intellect. With this intellect

which lacks traditional learning experience, even if Vyasa gives a upadesha it is incomprehensible for me, for, the gathering that vyasa or the likes have during pravachana are evolved souls & gods. Hence, either it is with his krupa that we can understand his works or the krupa of his disciples or devotees who are from the vedantic tradition, that we can comprehend vyasa's works. Normally we tend to read puranas as a story, but it is not. Puranas which are quoted as pramanas by all the jagadgurus offer very high level of knowledge. Coming from the likes of Vyasa, they are no less than prastanatrayas. The darshana language won't help at all but it confuses and sometimes scare people to read further. That's why there is a need of traditional

learning of scriptures under a guru. Till that happens all that we do under the name of swadhyaya may result in confusion galore. I am sorry for not helping you in a way you liked but any hardline vedanthi would agree that the knowledge gained by such stray questions/answers sessions is shortlived. I am also one of those who has not undergone traditional learning and suffer occasionally with comprehension problems. thanks sukumar On Behalf Of Sudarsan Parthasarathy.S.Tuesday, July 24, 2007 10:01 PMsrajan52; Subject: Re: Ruchi

Prajapathi > Dear Respected Sir's,> > I have been reading the Vishnu Puranam ( As> published by Nrisimha > Priya-HH 45th Jeeyar).> > It is said therein that Swayambhu Manu gave his> daughter Ahuti in > Marriage to Ruchi Prajapathi.> > However in the list of Prajapathi's created there is> no mention of > Ruchi.> > I had raised this question earlier. I got no> response.> > One more doubt. Daksha married of his daughter to> Dharma and Adharma > however there is not mention of the creation of> Dharma or

adharma.> > The Lineage of some of the families in both Surya> Vamsam and Chandra > Vamsam is outright confusing. Why is there so much> inconsistency in > Such a important reverred document.> > > With Namaskarams> > > S.Rajan> > > > > > >

Guest guest

Jai Sriman Narayana!There is no inconsistency with regard to Ruchi Praja pathi. Sri Vishnu Purnamu [Prathamamsham First Canto, seventh adhyama shlokam 19] and Srimath Bhagavatham [fourth Canto at the beginning of the chapter] states this fact:Swayambhuva manu had three daughters with his wife Shatha Rupa and there names were Akuthi, Devahuthi and Prsuthi.Inspite of having two sons, the Manu has given his daughter Akuthi to Ruchi Prajapathi with the condition that he return any male child to Manu. The Manu has done in consultation with his wife Shatharupa.Now, Ruchi Prajapathi with Akuthi get one son and one daughter. The son was named Yagna and is an incranation of Lord Vishnu.He has given Akuthi to Ruchi Prajapathi, Devahuthi to Kardma Parjapathi, and Prasuthi to Daksha Prajapathi. Thisis given in Srimath Bhagavatham. However, Vishnupurbnam talks about the marraige of Akuthi and Prasuthi only, since the main aim of this

was to talk about Sri Yagna. If you want, I can quote the exact Sanskrit shlokas from both Puranas and also give you the references.Please let me know if you have further questions or need further clarification.In the service of Lord Sri venkateswara, I remain,SincerelyNarender P. Reddy

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join 's user panel and lay it on us.