IndiaDivine.org

Naachiyaar Tirumozhi - Part 2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Bhagavatas:We give below some interesting points in Naachiyaar Tirumozhi.

Dasoham

Anbil Ramaswamy

======================================================================================

1.4:

“avarai piraayam toDangi enrum, aadarithu ezhunda en taDa mulaigaL

Tuvarai piraanukkE sankalpittut tozhudu vaithEn ollai vidikkiRRaayE”

“Ever since I was born, I had already intended that my body and soul are dedicated to the Lord of Dwaraka. Only you have to fulfill this determination”

1.5:

“maaniDavarrkkenru pEchup paDil VaazhagillEn”

“I am made for PerumaaL. If any talk arises of marrying me to a mere human, I will not live but give up my life instantly”

1.9;

“paarkaDal vaNnanukku pazhudu inri paNi seidu vaazha peraavidil azhudu azhudu alamandu naan ammaa vazhanga adu aarravum uraikkum kaNDaai”

Means: “If you abandon me, a prapanna, all the sins of the Prapanna will accrue to you, Beware!”

“Naamamaayiram...seyyum sireedara” –

She seems to suggest “you have a thousand names with which people praise you. If you torment us you will acquire a thousand names with which people will “call you names”. Beware!

“kOlari mada yaanai kOL viDutaai unnai”-

As a lion, you may show your wrath against an elephant (kuvalayaapeedam). But, not with us, helpless girls”

“KEsavaa! Un mugattana kaNgaL allavE”

She seems to ask: “What is Kann?” It means eye. What is KaNNan”? It is one who has eyes. You do not seem to have eyes. So, you are not “KaNNan”. If you have eyes to see the beautiful deigns, that we draw, you will not have the mind to disfigure the designs. Obviously, you are not “Paartha saarathi” but you are a “paarkkaada saarathi”!

“kOzhi azaippadan munnam kuDainu neeraaDuvaan pOndOm…”

“We came to the pond even before the cawing of the cocks for taking bath thinking none would be there so early (and in particular to avoid your mischief). But, you have forestalled us and even stolen our dresses kept on the bank. We will do anjali to you but since we have to protect our modesty, we will bring together one arm of each gOpi, as it is said “Eka hasta praNaamam” is not allowed except for those who fan with Chaamaram (yaktail fans). Please give us back our clothes”

“Kaalaik kaduviDuginra kayaloDu vaaLai viravi…”

When KrishNa asked them to come out of the pond and do anjali with both arms, they now plead that the big fishes were catching their feet and tormenting them like scorpion bites. Why do they mention this? Perhaps to remind him of the concern he exhibited to save GajEndra whose leg was caught by the crocodile. And, they threaten krishNa, if it gets late for them, their family people would come in search of them with spears in their hands and catch KrishNa red handed and thrash him.

“kanjanai vanjanaiyir seRRavan…”

This refers to how KrishNa tricked the tricksters who tried to kill him. This includes not only Kamsa but also Sisupaalan. This Sisupaalan was born with 4 arms and 3 eyes. An aerial voice declared that he would be killed only when someone touches him the extra arms and eye would disappear. When KrishNa touched him, this happened to indicate that it was KrishNa who was destined to kill him.

“karpooram naarumO…”

In this decad, she enquires the divine conch (Paanchajanyam) to reveal the secrets of its intimacy with the lips of KrishNa.

Padinaaru aayiramaravar dEvimaar paartiruppa…

Madhuvaayir koNDaar pOl maadavan tan vaayamudam

poduvaaga uNpadanaip pukku nee uNDakkaal

sidaiyaarO unnODu selvap perum SangE

She tells the Sangu that it was not proper for it to enjoy all alone the nectarine lips of KrishNa that belongs to all and on seeing the 16000 gOpis would have a justified complaint against it.

Madayaanai pOlezhunda maamugilkaaL Venkatathaip

Padiyaaga vaazhveerkaaL PaampaNaiyaan vaarthai ennE

Gatiyenrum taanaavaan karudaadu Ore peNN koDiyai

Vadhai seidaan enum sol vaiyagathaar madiyaarE

“Oh! Clouds! When he left me last, he promised to come back during the rainy season. But, still he has not come. Will not people censure him for torturing an innocent girl pining after him as her only refuge?”

Naaru narum pozhil maalirum sOlai nambikku naan

Nooru taDaavil veNNai vaai nErndu paraavi vaithEn

Nooru taDa nirainda akkaara aDisil sonnEn

Eru TiruvuDaiyaan inru vandu ivai koLLungolO

This Paasuram is recited at the time of BhOjyaasanam during Tiruvaaradanam. “I have decided to offer to Tirumaalirum sOlai nambi, one hundred pots full of butter and another one hundred pots of sweet gravy (akkaara aDisil). May the Eru TiruvuDaiyaan come and partake this offering” This is a “maanaseeka samarpaNam”. The very intention with absolute devotion is enough to please the Lord.

It is said that Bhagavad Ramanuja actually offered all these to Azhagar what Andal had intended. When he visited Srivilliputtur to do mangaLaasaasanam to Andal, it would appear that he heard her in archa form hailing him as “aNNaavO”. It was the practice for the elder brother (aNNa) to fulfill the wishes of the younger sister. That is why, it is said “perumpudur maamunikkup pinn aanaaL vaazhiyE” in the Vaazhi Tirunaamam.

“… paambaNaiyaarkkum tam paambu pOl naavum iranDuLavaaithu naaNiliyEnukke”

KrishNa had not kept up his word as promised. Andal says perhaps because, he is lying on the serpent bed, he has also acquired two tongues like the serpent. He promises on thing and does the opposite. Is he not ashamed? (naaNillaiyaan).

semmaiyuDaiya tiruvarangar taam paNinda

Meymmai peru vaartai Vittu chittar kEttiruppar

Thammai ugappaarai thaam ugappar ennum sol

tammiDiyE poi aanaal saadippaar yaar iniyE

Since GaruDa transformed himself into Arjuna’s chariot and as VishNuchittar was the incarnation of GaruDa, Andal says “VishNuchittar, my father heard the Charama slOkam in which the Lord assured his grace to all those who surrender unto him. Even if you do not believe me, let me cite the witness of my father and Acharya in this regard. Now, go and bring KrishNa on to me”.

Maalaai piranda nambiyai malE seyyum maNaaLanai

Elaap poigaL uraippaanai ingE pOdarak kaNDeerE

mElaal paranda veyil kaappaan vinatai siruvan siragennum

mElaarppin keezh varuvaanai vrindaavanathE KaNDOmE

At long last, Andal spotted KrishNa at Brindaavan.

She dubs him as “liar, liar”

The compulsive liar was caught red handed!

VARANAM AAYIRAM

· Why the dream sequence?

This is because she was emotionally so surcharged that if the Lord were to suddenly appear before her, she get shocked (albeit pleasantly). To prepare her for receiving him and also for securing a few more Paasurams from her, revealing her maturing from Bhakti to Parama bhakti, the Lord gives her dream to enjoy and suffer in reality for some more time.

======================================================================================