IndiaDivine.org

Prayschittam for sitting in pithru sthanam in Sevandi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

SrI:swamin,Once sri Vasu vadhyar swamin answered to adiyen:

Well,

It is a big question, the answer for this question consists of sevaral parts. So, it will consume much time to reply with evidence.

One of our member had indiecated me that should not say anything without authority or evidence. I respect it. Also I wish to keep it as a habit. So, Please wait upto 26th April, I will give you answer with scanned evidence and explanations. Kindly do not ask anymore questions till that.

Kindly ask this of type questions in the group, by which all members can get useful info. A correction requires in your question:

4 positions : vishvadevar, pitru, nityasthanam, -- (nimiththa sthanam is correct) and sri mahavishnu)

For time being (More or less accuration):

The order of seating is above but the dhosham order or value of prayachitham order as follows:

1. Nimiththam or Pretha varnam --- 20 thousand Gayathri - one year restriction to eat as bhoktha in any type of chradham.

2. Pithru Varnam - 10 thousand Gayathri - 6 months

3. Visvedevar - 6 thousand Gayathri - 3 Months

4. Mahavishnu - 3 thousand Gayathri - 45 days

these are the usual statements which is in practical, I have to check it in the books.

A single sentence about the qualification of swami is: " A well Anushtatha is for better than a complete vedha adhyayi".

Ths swamin should be a gruhasthan who is well living with his wife. (Divorsee, Widower are not qualified). And his wife should not be a "Dhoora sthree" on that day.

regards,

nvs

On 3/29/06, Govindarajan T.R. <trgovindarajan wrote: srI:srimate gopaladesika mahadesikaya namahaSri VAsu Vadhyar swamin,dasoham.adiyen needs clarifications. What is the anushtanama to be followed or observed for nimanthranamkaimkaryam? What are prescribed for 4 positions(vishvadevar, pitru, nityasthanam, and sri mahavishnu)for 10th, 11th day, 12th day, oona masam, sothakumbam,masiyam, aaptikam and pratyaaptikam and also any snanam or restrictions?What is the yokyata for nimantaranam for bhokta? Isthere any age restriction?dasan.-- ---------------------------Deevalur N.V.Srinivasan Organizer , Web Master - http://www.ahobilam.com/Group Moderator : vaideekam Tamil matrimonial vaideekam (AT) googl (DOT) comPhone: 044-24851392 (Chennai - India)I will be available in the late evening.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:43 am

View SourceUse Fixed Width FontUnwrap Lines

You may visit his web site. http://www.ahobilam.com.To: : amudhan239: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 06:45:23 +0000 Praychittam for sitting in pithru sthanam in SevandiI

sat in the pithru sthanam in sevandigaranam. I would like to knowthe

sankalpam I have to do and how many gayatri's to be done. I willbe

doing this on the banks of river ganga.Please advice.Aravamudhan

Guest guest

Swamin,

Thanks for the clarification. Is there any timeline for completing the required Gayathri. I have been doing regular Pradhas and Madhyankia sandhya vandanam daily with 28 * 2 Gayathri every day. Please advice.

Adiyaen

Ranga"Our lives begin to end the day webecome silent about things that matter"

amudhan239CC: (AT) Groups (DOT) comFrom: trgovindarajanDate: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 18:50:49 -0700 Prayschittam for sitting in pithru sthanam in Sevandi

SrI:swamin,Once sri Vasu vadhyar swamin answered to adiyen:

Well,

It is a big question, the answer for this question consists of sevaral parts. So, it will consume much time to reply with evidence.

One of our member had indiecated me that should not say anything without authority or evidence. I respect it. Also I wish to keep it as a habit. So, Please wait upto 26th April, I will give you answer with scanned evidence and explanations. Kindly do not ask anymore questions till that.

Kindly ask this of type questions in the group, by which all members can get useful info. A correction requires in your question:

4 positions : vishvadevar, pitru, nityasthanam, -- (nimiththa sthanam is correct) and sri mahavishnu)

For time being (More or less accuration):

The order of seating is above but the dhosham order or value of prayachitham order as follows:

1. Nimiththam or Pretha varnam --- 20 thousand Gayathri - one year restriction to eat as bhoktha in any type of chradham.

2. Pithru Varnam - 10 thousand Gayathri - 6 months

3. Visvedevar - 6 thousand Gayathri - 3 Months

4. Mahavishnu - 3 thousand Gayathri - 45 days

these are the usual statements which is in practical, I have to check it in the books.

A single sentence about the qualification of swami is: " A well Anushtatha is for better than a complete vedha adhyayi".

Ths swamin should be a gruhasthan who is well living with his wife. (Divorsee, Widower are not qualified). And his wife should not be a "Dhoora sthree" on that day.

regards,

nvs

On 3/29/06, Govindarajan T.R. <trgovindarajan wrote: srI:srimate gopaladesika mahadesikaya namahaSri VAsu Vadhyar swamin,dasoham.adiyen needs clarifications. What is the anushtanama to be followed or observed for nimanthranamkaimkaryam? What are prescribed for 4 positions(vishvadevar, pitru, nityasthanam, and sri mahavishnu)for 10th, 11th day, 12th day, oona masam, sothakumbam,masiyam, aaptikam and pratyaaptikam and also any snanam or restrictions?What is the yokyata for nimantaranam for bhokta? Isthere any age restriction?dasan.-- ---------------------------Deevalur N.V.Srinivasan Organizer , Web Master - http://www.ahobilam.com/Group Moderator : vaideekam Tamil matrimonial vaideekam (AT) googl (DOT) comPhone: 044-24851392 (Chennai - India)I will be available in the late evening.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:43 am

View SourceUse Fixed Width FontUnwrap Lines

You may visit his web site. http://www.ahobilam.com.To: From: amudhan239 Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 06:45:23 +0000 Praychittam for sitting in pithru sthanam in SevandiI sat in the pithru sthanam in sevandigaranam. I would like to knowthe sankalpam I have to do and how many gayatri's to be done. I willbe doing this on the banks of river ganga.Please advice.Aravamudhan Take the quiz. Crack your personality type. Get individualized suggestions for email ids that suit your personality.Log on to www.coolhotmail.com/personality.html Try it now!

Guest guest

I wonder how people are getting doubts like this.

In the answer it was not mentioned " this many days " or 'per day' etc.

so logically it should be total unless otherwise specified.

[i remember this sentence " All dimensions are mentioned in millimeter unless

otherwise specified " in the Structural Engineering drawings.]

One can not do 15000 gayathri per day.

So, for prayaschiththams maximum 1000+8 gayathris can be done for 15 days

but 100+8 gayathris for 150 days will be perfect and possible because the

person should not sit and eat in any shradham as swamy for a minimum of six

months.

Also it should not be clubbed with Pratha: or Maadhyahniha sandhi directly,

it should be done in the sitting posture, so it will be perfect doing at the

end of maadhyahniham.

After the regular gayathri japam for santhi before doing " Uthame shikare

..... "

the sankalpam for this prayaschitham should be done with a pranayamam

and without doing Aavahanams again, directly start the japam.

After the completion of the japam, then we switch to sandhya vandhanam and

start the upasthanam as " .... Uththama idhi anuvvakasya ....etc. "

nvs

nvs

2008/7/7 Govindarajan T.R. <trgovindarajan:

> SrI:

> Please write to Sri NVS swamin. adiyen does not know how long. Sri Nvs

> swamin, please advise. Does one need to do 15000 Gayatri daily or total of

> 15000 gayatri?

> dasan.

>

> --- On *Sun, 7/6/08, Rangarajan M P <rangaind* wrote:

>

> Rangarajan M P <rangaind

> RE: Prayschittam for sitting in pithru sthanam in

> Sevandi

> trgovindarajan, amudhan239

> Cc:

> Sunday, July 6, 2008, 3:26 PM

>

> Swamin,

>

> Thanks for the clarification. Is there any timeline for completing the

> required Gayathri. I have been doing regular Pradhas and Madhyankia sandhya

> vandanam daily with 28 * 2 Gayathri every day. Please advice.

>

>

> Adiyaen

> Ranga

>

> " Our lives begin to end the day we

> become silent about things that matter "

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Sri:--- On Mon, 7/7/08, Sri Vaishnava Kendram Deevalur Srinivasachariyar <vaideekam wrote:Sri Vaishnava Kendram Deevalur Srinivasachariyar <vaideekamRe: Prayschittam for sitting in pithru sthanam in Sevanditrgovindarajan, vaideekam Date: Monday, July 7, 2008, 12:18 AM***I wonder how you are getting doubts like this.In the answer it was not mentioned "this many days" or 'per day' etc.One can not do 15000 gayathri per day.So, for prayaschiththams maximum 1000+8 gayathris can be done for 15 days

but 100+8 gayathris for 150 days will be perfect and possible because the person should not sit and eat in any shradham as swamy for a minimum of six months.Also it should not be clubbed with Pratha: or Maadhyahniha sandhi directly,

it should be done in the sitting posture, so it will be perfect doing at the end of maadhyahniham.After the regular gayathri japam for santhi before doing "Uthame shikare ...."the sankalpam for this prayaschitham should be done with a pranayamam

and without doing Aavahanams again, directly start the japam.After the completion of the japam, then we switch to sandhya vandhanam and start the upasthanam as ".... Uththama idhi anuvvakasya ....etc."nvs

nvs2008/7/7 Govindarajan T.R. <trgovindarajan:

SrI:Please write to Sri NVS swamin. Sri Nvs swamin, please advise. Does one need to do 15000 Gayatri daily or total of 15000 gayatri?dasan.--- On Sun, 7/6/08, Rangarajan M P <rangaind wrote:

Rangarajan M P <rangaindRE: Prayschittam for sitting in pithru sthanam in Sevandi

trgovindarajan, amudhan239Cc:

Sunday, July 6, 2008, 3:26 PM

Swamin,

Thanks for the clarification. Is there any timeline for completing the required Gayathri. I have been doing regular Pradhas and Madhyankia sandhya vandanam daily with 28 * 2 Gayathri every day. Please advice.

Adiyaen

Ranga"Our lives begin to end the day webecome silent about things that matter"