IndiaDivine.org

Two releases from Srimad Srirangam PeriyAndavan Aasramam during the current ChAthurmAsya Vratham at ThiruppullANi: Part I

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sri:

Dear Devotees of dhivya prabhandhams

and dhivya dEsams :

Sriman V. KalyANarAman of SrEyA

Publicities was kind enough to send me

two releases blessed by the sacred hand of

ParamahamsAdhyEthi Sri SrimushNam

Andavan to gain wider awareness by

Aasthika Janams all round the globe

thru the various VaishNava elists .

It is my bhAgyam to accede to Sriman

KalyANa Raaman's request to share

with AastheekAs the content of

these two monographs .

The two books are in Tamil and are

available at the following locations:

1. Srirangam Srimad Andavan Asramam

Sir DesikAchari Road

AzhwArpEttai , Chennai 600 018

2) Sri Raghuveer Dayal

C/O Srirangam Srimad Andavan Asramam

1/138-140 South Car st

ThiruppullANi 632 532

The names of the two monographs are:

(1) " MaNiyunthu PullANiyai manamAra

VaNanguvOm " , a title chosen by Srimad SrimushNam Andavan Himself .

This book has 80 pages and is priced

modestly at 50 Rupees per copy. It is

about the Vaibhavam of the ThiruppullANi dhivya dEsam sung by Thirumangai AzhwAr .Srimad SrimushNam Andavan has provided

insightful commentary on each of the Twenty moving Paasurams of Thirumangai Mannan .

(2) Thirukkudanthai Munivarin ThiruppAvai

ViLakkam ( with SrI Munitraya SampradhAya Guru ParamparA )

This book has 165 Pages ; ThiruppAvai

UpanyAsa Saaram of ParamahamsEdhyAti

Thirukkudanthai Andavan for the 30 Paasurams are covered in 123 Pages; the remaining 42 pages record the vaibhavam of SrI Munitraya SampradhAya Guru

Paramparai ; the publisher is Sriman

ChEtlur VaradAchAri RangarAjan Swamy.

The price is not available . This precious book can be purchased from Srimad Srirangam Andavan Asramam at Sir DesikAchAr Road as well .

Book I: Maniyunthu PullANiyai manamAra

VaNanguvOm

Thirty five Pages of this 80 page book is

devoted to stala purANam going back to

the happenings during the time , when

the kshEtram had the sambhandham with

the sacred feet of Sri Raamachandra Murthy.

The topics coverd are: VibhIshaNa

SaraNAgathy, Dharbha Sayanam ,

Garva Bhangam of Samudhra Raajan and

the building of the NaLa sEthu for

the fulfillment of the mission of

the Vibahava avatAram of the Lord

as Sri Raamabhadran/ RaavaNa samhAran.

The charitram of the three Maharishis

( Pullavar, KaNvar and Kaalavar) ,

who had the bhAgyam of seeing

the Lord here as a result of

their theevra tapas is described .

Lord acceded to their request to

have permanent presence at this

dhivya dEsam for blessing all who

visit His prAcheena dhivya dEsam .

Lot of details about the VimAnam ,

theertams at this dhivya dEsam ,

various PrakArams and sannidhis there

leading upto the innermost chambers

with the sannidhis and vimAnams

for the three EmperumAns ( Aadhi

JagannAthan/ DhaivacchilayAr ,

Dharbha Sayana Raaman ,Pattabhi

Raaman) , PirAtti ( PadmAsani ThAyAr)

and the famous stala vruksham ( Asvattham) are covered . There is a wealth of information about this dhivya dEsam , which will be valuable for the SevArthees and the First time visitors .

Specific information about sEthukkarai ,

sankalpam for the ones performing sEthu

snAnam and the sannidhis on the way to

Sethukkarai are meticulously covered .

This portion of the book thus is a compendium of valuable information , which is hard to find at one place for would-be-visitors to this ancient dhivya dEsam .

The second portion of this book covers

the rich and informative commentary of

Prakrutham HH Andavan on the twenty Periya Thirumozhi Paasurams of Kaliyan in the role of ParakAla naayaki and Her Oodal with the Lord for abandoning Her after enjoying her company .

Srimad Andavan's vyAkhyAnam is indispensable for enjoying the Sevai of the Lord of this dhivya dEsam .

The vaibhavam of Srimad Andavan's

detailed commentary on Paasura Vaakhyams can not be summarized in words but can only be read in its entirety and the RasAnubhavam

has to be tasted thru deep reflection .

adiyEn recommends the speicific vyAkhyAnam for the following paasura Vaakyams of the Naayaki describing the "cruelty " of her Lord , who enjoyed

her and later abandoned her :

1) " Yennai naivitthu yezhil koNDu ahanRa perumAn"--- Paasuram 9.3.1

2) " uruhi nenjE ninainthu ingirinthEn thozhuthu yezhu"--PaasuraM 9.3.2

here , Azhwar asks his nenjam as to the purpose of brooding over the abandonment of the Lord and appeals

to the nenjam to proceed to His abode at ThiruppullAni and stay there for regaining His union .

3) " yethu seythAl maRakkEn ? "... Paasuram 9.3.3

The poignancy of the inconsolable sorrow , where the Naayaki questions herself as to what should she do to forget His cruelty in abandoning her after intense samslEsham . She advises her mind that they should proceed

to ThiruppullAni and worship the Lord of this dhivya dEsam of the Lord for their ujjevanam.

4) " nangaLeeSan namakkE paNittha mozhi seytilan '-- Paasuram 9.3.4

Here Srimad Andavan comments most movingly on the VaNdu as the sole saakshi for her sambhOgam with her Lord and the sweet words that He used for vaseekaraNam and the subsequent

abandonment by making His promises false. Srimad Andavan quotes two passages of KuRumthohai to illustrate the sufferings of the Naayaki .

5) "uNaril uLLam sudumAl vinayEn thozhuthumezhu"

--Periya Thirumozhi: 9.3.5

Naayaki sums up her situation this way: I can not forget Him and at the same time I can not think of Him . I am

caught up in this strange dilemma. My heart is being scorched due to my misfortune. I can not bear it . Oh my mind ! let us now go to His nivAsa

sthAnam ( ThiruppulANi) . Srimad Andavan's reference to the sampradhAya siddhAnta pratibhAtakam

outlined in Periya VaacchAn PiLLai's commentary on " Thozhuthum yezhu" is a gem of a reference relating to the Vaibhavam of Prapatthi.

6) "yeLhi nenjE ! ninainthingirunthEn tozhumezhu"-- Periya Thirumozhi 9.3.6

The mind says to Naayaki : You said that you are being scorched over the thought of Your Lord's cruel

abandonment . Why do n't you console yourself by reflecting on His anantha kalyAna guNams ? Naayaki answers: Oh my mind ! I can not get any relief from

this intense suffering unless I meet and unite with my Lord possessing these infinite auspicious guNams. Let us

now proceed hence to His place of residence .

7) " iravum nALum inikkaNN tuyilAtu iruntaten payan ? Thozhumezhu" --Periya Thirumozhi : 9.3.7

Naayaki tries to convince her mind to start on the journey to ThiruppullAni by pointing out the futility of staying

with out sleep day and night at the place , where she was abandoned . Srimad Andavan uses passages from Srimad RaamAyaNam on the suffering of the Lord over seperation from SeethA PirAtti( anidhram satatam Raama: ) .

(8) and (9) Here Naayaki argues against the fear of the mind that the Naayaki will be overcome by emotion on seeing

Her Lord at ThiruppullANi and rush to unite with Him ,which may not fit with the way of a modest woman . The mind tries to dissuade Naayaki from taking that trip to ThirupullANi for that reason . The mind counsels Naayaki on the wisdom of staying where they are

and wait for the Lord's return . Naayaki answers her mind that there is no harm in going to the place of residence of her Lord for KaalakshEpArtham .

She states that it fits her svaroopam to go to ThiruppullANi and perform prapatthi there to Him for vaseekaraNam .

10) The phala sruthi Paasuram:

Here Kaliyan instructs us that anyone recting these ten paasurams or reflecting on the meanings of these Paasurams will undoubtedly gain Saadhya Bhakti,

gain ruchi for rushing to Vaikuntam and serve the Lord there .

In the next ten paasurams ( Periya Thirumozhi 9.4), Naayaki reveals in a heart rending manner her physical and mental sufferings as she travels to

Her Lord's dhivya dEsam . She appeals to the birds that she encounters to journey to ThiruppullANi and for them to inform her lord about the sufferings that she is experiencing and ask Him to rush to her and save her from these unberable sufferings:

" pavvat-tiraiulavu PullANi kai thozhuthEn

Deyvac-chilayArkku yenn sinthai nOy seppuminE" .

In the fifth paasuram , Naayaki states that her mind has gone after the Lord of ThiruppullANi and until it returns with some news , she will put up with

whatever insults her relatives hurl against her for her "improper" conduct .

In the sixth paasuram , the Sun sets and the Naayaki feels intensely about her state of abandonment by her Lord . The Moon rises now and the cool rays of the Moon makes her feel that they are like hot embers in her state

of seperation .In the ninth Paasuram ,ParakAla Naayaki compares her restless and consequent sleepless state to that of the nearby ocean

as the night advances : " Otamum nAnum

uRangatu iruntEnE".She states that the Lord had ordered the restles and ever awake ocean to be her companion .

In the Phala sruti Paasuram ( 9.4.10) ,

Kaliyan informs us that those who recite

these ten paasurams on ThiruppullANi

Adhi JagannAthan will first become rulers of this earth and will ascend to Vaikuntam at the end of their earthly lives .

adiyEn appeals to all bhakthAs to acquire a copy of his monograph on Thiruppulli for your family libraries and learn about the glories of this dhivya dEsam , where Srimad Andavan is observing ChAturmAsya vratam now, travel there and prostrate before Him for blessing these insightful commentaries

on Kaliyan's matchless paasurams on Aadhi JaganAthan .

adiyEn will continue in the next posting about the second book : " Thirukkudanthai Munivarin ThriuppAvai ViLakkam " .

NamO SrI PadmAsani SamEta Adhi JagannAthAya ,

Daasan , Oppiliappan V.Sadagopan