Swamin,

By the blessings of Ranganayaki Sametha Ranganatha Swamy, I became father of a

Baby girl on 7th November 19.45hrs.Nakshatram is Ippasi Sadhayam ( Peyalwar's

Thirunakshatram).

I heard something that Amuktha Malyada was written by King Krishna Deva Rayar

which praises the Andal/Goda devi.

And also " Om amuktha Malyadayai namaha " is there in Andal Ashtotram. I know

nothing more than that.

Can anybody brief about this stotram and the exact spelling/meaning for the name

malyada or Suggest me any other name of Andal? ( because Andal already my sister

name).

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan.

Sampathkumar Rengarajan

Dear SAMPATH KUMAR,

Very glad that your are blessed with Little AANDAAL as your daughter. ANDAL is the best name and every time you call this you invoke blessings from Ranganatha, Thayaar, AANDALL THALLI, Vishnu chittar 9periya alwar) and all pleasant things follow. Sri Krishna devaraya was a great king who had huge empire. He had eight KAVI s (poets or scholars) who challenge any scholars who come from any of eight directions. He was a pattren of KAVI Pandits and himself is a KAVI (poet). He maintained literature equally important to spreading and maitaing kingdom and he used to spend time in comany of high literates. This assembly was called BUVANAVIJAYAM and has kavi pandits of great repute. His Bhuvanvijayam is comparable to Mahendra sabha or Bhoja raja Kalidasa sabha and of that order.The king is vaishnava but has rewarded others also. He being a poet himself, took the story of Vishnu chittar (periya alwar) and ANDAL (Goda devi) and Ranganatha and created this great bliterary work in TELUGU " AAMUKTHA MALYADA " . This is sanskrit and literally mean " The one who gives garlands after wearing them " is euivalent to TAMIL " Choodi koduththa nachchiyear " . Any name of GODADEVI (ANADAL) IS GREAT. I am not aware of any sthothram by King krishn devaraya. Even if you sister has ANDAL name you can put the same to your daughter ALSO. Let ANDAL, GODA DEVI or RANGANATHAR & THAYAAR Bless your child with all great life, on par with noble laurettes of present day. Learned men may pease add on and guide SRI SAMPATH.

~ Ever humble to all devottes -- Peesapati V V S Chari

P V V S Chari