IndiaDivine.org

The address today and days of ANDAL

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Bhagavathas,

JAI SREEMANNARYANA

KRISHNADEVARAYA (1509-1529 CE) was the most famous king of Vijayanagara empire. He is also known as Kannada Rajya Rama Ramana, Mooru Rayaraganda, Andhra Bhoja is himself great scholar nad poet. He wrote prabandham (poetic verse) " Amukthamalyada " also known as " Vishnu chitteeyam " on THAI ANDAL. As a requirement to peotic prabandha norms, he described SRI VILLIPUTTHUR town, the season, Bhakti culture and atmosphere of days of ANDAL.

If any devotee wants to go and see VISHNU CHITTAR or ANDAL and some how reach SRI VILLIPUTTHUR, but does not know the address where to go?. The emporer poet says, have no doubts - As sson as you enter the town you can listen to DIVYA PRABANDHAM the soft and subtle voice, follow the voice and stop, where it is loud enough. You will see well decorated front court yard and the divine smell of TULASI MAALAI will be the name plate of PERYALWAR.

Adiyen has limitation of language to express full depth of the KING's narration. However, I compare today. I see many addresses - employer address, present address, permanent address etc. They look like - Near DAY AND NIGHT Hospital, Opposite GANDHI WINE SHOP, NEXT to XYZ cenema hall and so on. I admit things have changed - but can we write better like - Near RAMANUJA KOODAM, NEXT to PERUMAL TEMPLE, Opposite to House of Ubhaya Vedatha Scholar ACHARYA'S House, wherever possible. Adiyen feels at least after hundred or thousand years we will have better referensces.

JAI SREEMANNARAYANA

~ Ever humble to all devotees - Peesapati V V S Chari

~ Web sites http://srirangam.etemples.net http://thiruppavai.etemples.net

P V V S Chari