IndiaDivine.org

The Sanga Tamizh Maalai of ThiruppAvai and SatakOpar AndhAti: Two Anubhavam filled commentaries of Sri U.Ve.N.R.Krishnaswamy Iyengar of Mathurai: Part I

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sri:

Dear RasikAs of ThiruppAvai of ANDAL:

Dharmika Ratna Pradheepa Sri U.Ve. N.R. Krishnaswamy IyengAr lived amongst us from 1886-1966 C.E. He was an advocate in the City of Maturai known for its cultivation and growth of Sanga Tamizh . He was proficient in Sanskrit and in Tamil as well ;He served both as the Head of the Maturai Tamizh Sangam and the Maturai Sanskrit Academy . He was a great upanyAsakar in VaishNavam topics . His devotion for AruLiccheyalkaLs of AzhwArs and Kavi Chakravarthy Kamban's RaamAyaNam and SatakOpar AndhAti was legendary .

Dr.Hema Rajagopalan of Bangalore is Swamy's grand daughter and asked me to translate the two books released by him so that other students of TamiL can enjoy them . Inspite of my shortcomings to handle such scholarly treatises , I accepted

Dr. Hema Rajagopalan's invitation and here I am . adiyEn will do my best to highlight the anubhavam of Maturai Sri NRK Swamy .U.Ve. Dr.V.N.Vedanta Desikan Swamy

has added special commentaries in these two books as a rasikar of Sri NRK Swamy's scholarship in ubhaya Vedantam . adiyen will cover them too .

The second book is the anubhavam filled commentary of Swamy on Kavi Chakravarty Kambar on "SatakOpar AndhAti " , a devotion-laden tribute of Kambar to Swamy NammAzhwAr composed in one night in response to the command of the Lord of

Srirangam . Sri NRK Swamy was introduced to the nectar of Kamba RaamAyaNam at the tender age of Seven and memorized the whole text . Later in life , Swamy released a book on his anubhavam of SatakOpar AndhAti . This is another scholarly

treatise , which brings out the deep bhakti that Poet Kamban had for Swamy NammAzhwAr . Sri NRK Swamy's book covers the esoteric meanings of the individual verses of SatakOpar AndhAti .

adiyEn will post articles on both these books of Sri NRK Swamy in the New Year !

SrI Ramachandra ParabrahmaNE Nama:

Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchri Sadagopan