IndiaDivine.org

Restoring the pristine glory of Divyadesams

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear BhaagavatasPlease see the query of Pasdmakant posted separately.As the saying ghoes, "Koil illaa ooril kuDi irukka vENDaam", there isnothing wrong in constructing new temples. In fact, when I first cameto the US way back in the 1980s, perhaps, the only temple known wasthat of Pittsburgh Sri Venkateswara Temple. Today, temples havecropped up in almost every county (equivalent to municipality inIndia) satisfying the spiritual aspirations of local communities.Having said that, I agree with Padmakant and feel that instead ofengaging on constructing newer temples, our FIRST PREFERENCE shouldbe to devote our attention to numerous Divyadesams consecrated byAzhwar saints but which are today languishing for funds even forVastram, Deepam and Neivedhyam etc not to speak of Nitya Araadhanaand Desaantri feeding in such temples.In the recent past, as directed by asmad Acharyan, Srimad Andavan,Poundarikapuram Swami Asramam, I have renovated the Dwajasthambamwith copper plating and Red Oxide coating et al, of Tiru Anbil templeand arranged for distribution of Desaantri prasadams for devoteesvisiting the temple from far off places.I have already identified at least 5 or 6 such Divyadesams and postedin the Internet groups and I am donating the entire sale proceeds ofbooks published by me to this noble cause.Renovation of Brindavans, raising funds for routine events likeChaturmasyams etc.which are common to Acharyas of all Mutts andAshramams (worthy by themselves), may be put on the backburnerAT LEAST FOR NOW UNTIL THE NEGLECTED DIVYADESAMS ARE RESTORED TOTHEIR ORIGINAL GLORY.If you have questions, please feel free to contact me atramanbilDasohamAnbil Ramaswamy