IndiaDivine.org

Bhagavad Gita Chanting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Srivaishnavas,I was instrumental in starting an organisation - Gita Prachar Samiti in Kurukshetra and Haryana which was aiming that we can make school children recite Bhagavad gita and to encourage them.we proposed ceratin incentives :1. A child who can chant 1 chapter - 1 year school scholarship or a token amount of Rs 5000 per year for that year.2. If a child can chant whole Bhagavad gita - then a scholarship for all schooling or Rs 1 lac.The chanting has to be in correct uccharan and correct Chandas and is for ordinary school children,We are running the programme and 3 schools in Chandigarh are trying to propagate this.I wish that this sort of an attempt is made in Tamil Nadu and else where in other countries. In all the Veda padasalas of Andavan Ashramam , Srimad Andavan has issued an order that the boys

must learn Bhagavad Gita by Heart 2 years ago itself.I am now in Singapore and I was encouraged to see that Chinmaya Mission holds Bhagavad Gita recitation competetion for school children.Any Child who recites all The Chapters of Gita by heart must be Rewarded.Adiyennarasimhan kannan

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.