IndiaDivine.org

What to wish or pray for an old aged and ailing relation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Bhagavathas,

Jai SREEMANNARAYANA.

Recently I happened to see an old, 85+ years aged and ailing relation of mine. He lived a long life, mostly submissive and harmless. He survived three heart attacks and ailing now. All relatives around him, expect he will recover and be back home, probably for another another hospitalization. Lord Ranganatha is probably is VERY AHRD and taking test of this SOUL, more than required. When I saw him the only question in my mind was to wish some thing for him. What? (1) Recovery and heath, (2) Ranganatha's blessings for his family,(3) Less pain, (4) Long life or (5) Early THIRUVADI of Ranganatha. WHAT I CAN WISH FOR HIM or PRAY LORD FOR HIM?. It is cruel to ask anything from Lord for these later days in life. Some light Thyagaraja music and ALWAR paasurams might soothen his strugle, but hardly he is able to listen or concentrate to understand and relax. Therefore there should be a point much early in life, before one retires (earlier to 60 age) - ONE has to take reality and have glimpses of Lord Ranganatha's lotus feet, as suggested by our PANDIT's conversation during days of Periyalwar, that was over heard by King VALLABHA and triggered events for establishing PERITYALWAR. The essence is " One has to work for night when it was day, one has to work on a sunny day for a rainy day, one has to work for AFTER LIFE while you are alive now " . Extending this a little, ONE has to work when healthy for an ailing day later. Once you want to do some thing - " TIME IS SHORT " . ALWAR BHAKTI AND SARANAGATHI ALONE Seems to be the savier WAY and ther earlier we get this the later days will be blissful.

Sri RANAGANATHA THIRUVADI GALE SARANAM. ANDAL THIRUVADI GALE SARANAM. ALWAR THIRUVADI GALE SARANAM.

~ Ever humble to all devotees. Peesapati V V S Chari

~ Web site - http://etemples.net

P V V S Chari

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

Asmad guruByO nama:

Dear Swamin,

This is the beauty of Sri Vaishnava Sampradayam. What you have told has already

be very clearly mentioned by Azhwars as follows:

'vaittha naaL varai ellai kurugi chendru eitthu iLaippadhan munnam adaiminO'

'kiLaroLi iLamai keduvadhan munnam thaLarvilarAgil sArvadu sadirE'

Azhwar says,

'oh mundane jeevas. Do not wait until your last destined day when you would have

shrunk by size and strength. Go immediately to the hills of TirumalA and see the

lord'

'don't lose this vibrant youth and before its lost go to the hills of

tirumaliruncholai sundarabaahoo's temple'.

It is so sad but true. Most people of our generation think it is good for us to

get into material life and make enough money during our youth and then save

enough for our retirement and after retirement we plan to get into spiritual

life. What a shame, says Azhwar. Who wants this youthless and vigorless body

that cannot do any service for the lord or His devotees. Also, the vedic

injunctions clearly say that if you save money, the money feels it is

unappropriated so it finds ways to get out of your control. So, this money that

is saved is the root cause of all the ill health, theft, legal cases, accidents

and all other problems that are created around us. Money finds its own way to

expend itself if we unappropriate. But people think, what will happen to them or

their family in future and hence they insure and save money. Isn't it funny that

they don't understand or they are not confident that it is the lord who is

saving everyone and not our money?

So, atleast for the next generation, we should teach them to serve the lord,

save just enough for the bare necessity and distribute the excess to the service

of the lord, as after all, all the non-living insentient(money, matter,

materials) also have the chaitanyam (they have receptive consciousness) and that

is why Azhwar says 'sindhu poo magizhum tiruvEngadam' - even a flower that

falls, feels happy that it is falling at the holy soil of Tirumala and also

Azhwar laments that 'uNNum sOrum udukkum koorayum enna paavam seidhana kolO?' -

alas, for the one who doesn't spend the time on the service of the lord, isn't

the food that he eats and the dress that he wears are also the sinful ones.

So, be it the material or the youth, expend it for the Lord " NOW " . Do not wait

for a later stage that would arrive only with a big baggage which you will not

be able to handle.

adiyEn,

rAmAnuja dAsan

ramanuja , " Peesapati V V S Chari " <charipvvs wrote:

>

> Dear Bhagavathas,

>

> Jai SREEMANNARAYANA.

>

> Recently I happened to see an old, 85+ years aged and ailing relation of mine.

He lived a long life, mostly submissive and harmless. He survived three heart

attacks and ailing now. All relatives around him, expect he will recover and be

back home, probably for another another hospitalization. Lord Ranganatha is

probably is VERY AHRD and taking test of this SOUL, more than required. When I

saw him the only question in my mind was to wish some thing for him. What? (1)

Recovery and heath, (2) Ranganatha's blessings for his family,(3) Less pain, (4)

Long life or (5) Early THIRUVADI of Ranganatha. WHAT I CAN WISH FOR HIM or PRAY

LORD FOR HIM?. It is cruel to ask anything from Lord for these later days in

life. Some light Thyagaraja music and ALWAR paasurams might soothen his strugle,

but hardly he is able to listen or concentrate to understand and relax.

Therefore there should be a point much early in life, before one retires

(earlier to 60 age) - ONE has to take reality and have glimpses of Lord

Ranganatha's lotus feet, as suggested by our PANDIT's conversation during days

of Periyalwar, that was over heard by King VALLABHA and triggered events for

establishing PERITYALWAR. The essence is " One has to work for night when it was

day, one has to work on a sunny day for a rainy day, one has to work for AFTER

LIFE while you are alive now " . Extending this a little, ONE has to work when

healthy for an ailing day later. Once you want to do some thing - " TIME IS

SHORT " . ALWAR BHAKTI AND SARANAGATHI ALONE Seems to be the savier WAY and ther

earlier we get this the later days will be blissful.

>

> Sri RANAGANATHA THIRUVADI GALE SARANAM. ANDAL THIRUVADI GALE SARANAM. ALWAR

THIRUVADI GALE SARANAM.

>

> ~ Ever humble to all devotees. Peesapati V V S Chari

> ~ Web site - http://etemples.net

>

> P V V S Chari

>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

namo narayana

Respected devotee,

Thank you very much for the insightful reply.

However I was wondering if you know about how this karmic cycle began, I mean can you please let me know what our shaastras and sampradayam talk about the very first karma which a jeetvatma performed which led it to this vicious cycle of karmic repurcussions.

And furthermore, why did Sriman Narayana even create such a system in which the jeevatmas can forget Him and indulge in karmas, thereby separating themselves from the Lord.

What does the Lord gain (I know He is complete in ALL respects and does not need/want anything) by creating such a system in which His own children have the possibility of falling from His grace and then have to overcome the gunas and karmas in such an elaborate and exceedingly painful process.

I am only asking for clearing my own doubts about this material existence, but so far I have recieved no conclusive answer, any input shall be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Kamlesh--- On Thu, 3/26/09, RADHIKA iyengar <radh26 wrote:

RADHIKA iyengar <radh26Re: [sri ramanuja] Re: What to wish or pray for an old aged and ailing relationramanuja Date: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 12:36 PM

Adiyen

As per our sampradayam we are neither supposd to wish nor supposed to pray once we have done Prapatti in the lotus feet of our lord through our AchAryan.In order to console or say look into the positive side of ones physical sufferings we must basically acknowledge that we are unaware of atheendriyarthams that which is beyond our senses.We come to know about it only through Shasthrams.

The basic theory is According to our Punya papa karmas A soul attains a body on this leela vibhoothi.Then every soul is always sorrounded by Adhyaathmika, aadhi deivika , aadhi bhauthika dukhams.These are called Taapa thrayams.When a person suffers (due to external factors) his sanchitha karma gets reduced and when it is happy the souls sanchitha punyams get reduced.Besides if a prapannan is placed comfortably here he would never aspire for uttama purushartham ie is moksham.

Considering all this all we can do for that old man is ask him to do bhagavath dhyanam or Acharya dhyanam as per his habit .

There is one nyaya called Yatha krathu nyayam.As per this nyaya we do only what we are habituated to.So if we practice kainkaryam(in any form mano,vak kayam) we will be able to do the same even in moksham.

Last but not the least Na ayam aathma balaheenena labhyaha. So never loose heart under any circumstances and pray god he knows what is best for us.

Adiyen ramanuja dasi

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 7:55 PM, v.lakshminrusimhan <v.lakshminrusimhan@ .co. in> wrote:

Asmad guruByO nama:Dear Swamin,This is the beauty of Sri Vaishnava Sampradayam. What you have told has already be very clearly mentioned by Azhwars as follows:'vaittha naaL varai ellai kurugi chendru eitthu iLaippadhan munnam adaiminO''kiLaroLi iLamai keduvadhan munnam thaLarvilarAgil sArvadu sadirE'Azhwar says, 'oh mundane jeevas. Do not wait until your last destined day when you would have shrunk by size and strength. Go immediately to the hills of TirumalA and see the lord''don't lose this vibrant youth and before its lost go to the hills of tirumaliruncholai sundarabaahoo's temple'.It is so sad but true. Most people of our generation think it is good for us to get into material life and make enough money during our youth and then save enough for our retirement and after retirement we plan to get into spiritual life. What a shame, says Azhwar. Who wants this youthless and vigorless body that cannot

do any service for the lord or His devotees. Also, the vedic injunctions clearly say that if you save money, the money feels it is unappropriated so it finds ways to get out of your control. So, this money that is saved is the root cause of all the ill health, theft, legal cases, accidents and all other problems that are created around us. Money finds its own way to expend itself if we unappropriate. But people think, what will happen to them or their family in future and hence they insure and save money. Isn't it funny that they don't understand or they are not confident that it is the lord who is saving everyone and not our money?So, atleast for the next generation, we should teach them to serve the lord, save just enough for the bare necessity and distribute the excess to the service of the lord, as after all, all the non-living insentient(money, matter, materials) also have the chaitanyam (they have receptive consciousness) and that is why

Azhwar says 'sindhu poo magizhum tiruvEngadam' - even a flower that falls, feels happy that it is falling at the holy soil of Tirumala and also Azhwar laments that 'uNNum sOrum udukkum koorayum enna paavam seidhana kolO?' - alas, for the one who doesn't spend the time on the service of the lord, isn't the food that he eats and the dress that he wears are also the sinful ones.So, be it the material or the youth, expend it for the Lord "NOW". Do not wait for a later stage that would arrive only with a big baggage which you will not be able to handle.adiyEn,rAmAnuja dAsan

ramanuja@ s.com, "Peesapati V V S Chari" <charipvvs@.. .> wrote:>> Dear Bhagavathas,> > Jai SREEMANNARAYANA.> > Recently I happened to see an old, 85+ years aged and ailing relation of mine. He lived a long life, mostly submissive and harmless. He survived three heart attacks and ailing now. All relatives around him, expect he will recover and be back home, probably for another another hospitalization. Lord Ranganatha is probably is VERY AHRD and taking test of this SOUL, more than required. When I saw him the only question in my mind was to wish some thing for him. What? (1) Recovery and heath, (2) Ranganatha's blessings for his family,(3) Less pain, (4) Long life or (5) Early THIRUVADI of Ranganatha. WHAT I CAN

WISH FOR HIM or PRAY LORD FOR HIM?. It is cruel to ask anything from Lord for these later days in life. Some light Thyagaraja music and ALWAR paasurams might soothen his strugle, but hardly he is able to listen or concentrate to understand and relax. Therefore there should be a point much early in life, before one retires (earlier to 60 age) - ONE has to take reality and have glimpses of Lord Ranganatha's lotus feet, as suggested by our PANDIT's conversation during days of Periyalwar, that was over heard by King VALLABHA and triggered events for establishing PERITYALWAR. The essence is "One has to work for night when it was day, one has to work on a sunny day for a rainy day, one has to work for AFTER LIFE while you are alive now". Extending this a little, ONE has to work when healthy for an ailing day later. Once you want to do some thing - "TIME IS SHORT". ALWAR BHAKTI AND SARANAGATHI ALONE Seems to be the savier WAY and ther earlier we get this the

later days will be blissful.> > Sri RANAGANATHA THIRUVADI GALE SARANAM. ANDAL THIRUVADI GALE SARANAM. ALWAR THIRUVADI GALE SARANAM.> > ~ Ever humble to all devotees. Peesapati V V S Chari> ~ Web site - http://etemples. net> > P V V S Chari>