IndiaDivine.org

Wishing all devotees a HAPPY NEW YEAR - at URAYUR near Srirangam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Bhaagavathaas,

Jai Sreemannarana.

This year on the Tamil new year day, we had the bhagyam to visit Srirangam and URAYUR, the first and the second of THE 108 DIVYADESAMS and pray to the divyadampathi for myself, my family, my children, my friends and all devotees of our groups.

Earlier, I narrated my experience at Sriranagam on this day, 14 apr 2009. Continuing on that - we completed the darshan of Lord Ranganatha by 6 pm and as usual we quickly walked to THAYAAR SANNIDHI. For some reason Lord is taking PAREEKSHA (examination) of us. The sannidhi is closed and it will reopen after 7 PM only. Amma is near but far-a-way unseen. Waiting and watching, I suddenly recalled, we may go to URAYUR and place within TRICHY near to KOIL, and have darshan of KAMALA VALLI THAYAR and ALAGIYA MALAVALAN (utsavar of Sri Ranganathar).

I put my proposal to my wife next to me, in a low tone, wishing her acceptance. A - NO - will result in depressed mood no AMMAN DAYA. Then after some silence and indifference, I started narrating importance of the divyadesam (URAYUR = Thirukkoli). Suddenly there were smiles we started to URAYUR. About 30 minutes travel we discovered the koil, called locally as Nachchiyar koil. Thee was a POOJA going on, when we arrived at 6.30 PM before the sanctum. The temples was silent and none of the devotees was was making any noice. All devotees waiting looking at the main doors to open and expecting AARATHI and have the glimpse of Lord Rangantha and KAMALAVALLI Thaayaar. The atmosphere is filled with BHAKTI.

It took 10 minutes to have darshan of Lord's lotus feet and Thayar in sitting posture right of Lord. A little chat, with the swamy there asking names of Moolavar and importance of the place. The swamy was happy to narrate, and one more DHYAANAM before Lord. Probablly one millionth or more in a thousand year old temple. Just a decimal significance.

What God gives, He does in plently. With that satisfaction moved to just outside. Recently I picked a little Tamil reading (equal to 1 st standard boy) and tried to make out on what is just opposite GUDI. A great surprise - it is TIRUPPAN ALWAR SANNIDHI. we went in folded hands before the ALWAR, who just by sheer melody of his voice, songs and devotion to Lord, on the banks of river KAVERI, WON the APAARA KARUNA of RANGANATHA leaving behind a great tradition. The ALWAR is great in many ways - BHAAVAM - BHAAVAM and BHAKTI, but humble to the priests of KOIL. Find more on the Alwar on separate webpages.

Out and back in to our transport system, we were back home by late night. Lord Ranganatha, Thayaar, ANDAL and the Alwars, what they gave us this TAMIL NEW YEAR DAY is plenty.

I put a word humbly here, let the plenty go in to all our lives and this year pass with His Apaara Karuna and His blessings throughout the year and throughout our lives.

Wishing al the best.

Ever humble to all devotees - Peespapti V V S Chari

Website - http://etemples.netP V V S Chari