IndiaDivine.org

Azagiya Manavalanin Sixth day of Viruppan Thirunaal --6th of Chithirai Brahmothsavam--Hamasha vahana, Asthanamandapam, Yaanai Vahanam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

-- R NarasimhabhattarDear Srirangasri  members and friends         My Saashtaanga pranaams to Azagiya manavalan, Namperumal Sri Ranganathan     Today is the 6th day of the Virupan Thirunaal festival at Thiruvarangam, On this blissful day at Srirangam our Namperumal Azagiya manavalan strolled through the Chitra streets blessing the benign people in the Hamsa vahanam

Hamsa refers to Swan, and the swan means beauty and purity, Hamsa is Devaloka Pakshi (bird) and is a vahanam for the Chaturveda murthi (Bramha).

" Purodasam Ca Mukhyam mam viddhi  partha brhaspathim., a line from Bhagavat Gita " which means that " of priests His divine, transcendental opulence is Brihaspati the chief priest of all the demigods " .

Hamsam is considered to be Gnana swaroopam (which means the representation of knowledge), and of several Gayatri mantra's one imporant gayatri mantra is Hamsa gayatri chanting this Hamsa gayatri is considered to be sacred and it is considered to brings us wealth of knowledge

Om Hamsaya vidhmaheParamahamsaya dhimahiTanno Hamsa pracodayat

I request everyone to chant this Hamsa Gayatri Mantra which has the capabilities of making us more knowledgeable by improvng our grasping capabilities 

Hamsa is considered to be a sacred and a holy bird which is capable of separating milk from the mixture of milk and water and Praying to our Namperumal in the Hamsa vahanam will make our heart pure and clean so that we are devoid of all the unwanted thoughts.

In the evening at around 6:30 PM our Namperumal comes in the Yana (elephant) vahanam.

" Go_ Ghaja _ Ashwa _  Poorna kumbadheen Bagavan Dharshaitva "   means that Bhagavan resides in Cow, Elephant, Horse (utsarach) and Vedha

As most of us will be aware of the story of Gajendra moksham  in which Maha Vishnu with Sridevi and Bhoodevi came in Indra's vahanam Airavadham to rescue of Gajendra that is caught by the crocodile

Our Namperumal Azagiya manavalan who is a King (Rangarajan) strolls through the Chitra Street in Yaana Vahanam, it is a real blessing to see our Azagiya manavalan in this vahanam. On seeing Namperumal walking with gambiramana oyyiara nadai (walking with pride) it brings the Azhvar paasuram to our memoirs " Neenda-ap periya-vaaya kangal ennai bedhamai sei-thanave "

Tomorrow, our Namperumal will be taking rest in the morning and i will meet you through mail describing the events of the day.

Vachaka Dhosham ksameekavum!  Adeyen Dashan!

PS: One request to the members of Srirangasri, as i have been writing about this Virupan thirunal for past few days i get a very few feedback i am sure that most of us are busy but it would be encouraging if the readers of the mail do send some feedback.