IndiaDivine.org

Nalla Atchi Seiyum Azagiyamanvalanin Alum Pallakku

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Srirangangasri members and friends,

My Saashtaanga Namaskaram to Periya perumal and Sri Periya Paratiyaar

I pray to our Nam perumal and Sriranga Naachiyaar to bless all of us with Prosperity, Happiness, and purify us from all the evil thoughts.

Today our Dear Shri Azhagiya Manavalan appears in " Aalum Pallaku " . Pallaku is nothing with a Palanquin. This palanquin in decorated by Vrukshika or Shenbaga flowers. There is a reason as to why this flower is chosen and I wish to share it with you today. During Shri Krishna Avatar there lived a girl named Tharangini who had immense devotion towards Lord Krishna. Since she was born amongst the lower caste she was forbidden from even getting near Krishna. She used to stand far away from the Lord and enjoy the melodies from his flute. One day Krishna was with his friends laughing and playing his flute. It is a well known fact that the Lord loves to test the conviction of his devotees and he decided to test Tharangini by leaving his flute at that place. Later that day Tharangini came to that place to pay respect to the spot where Krishna stood. She found the flute and did not know what to do with it. She wrapped it with a silk cloth without touching it and placed it on sieve. She took it to her place thinking " Hey Krishna this is your property. I will keep this till you come and ask for it. Till then I shall offer my prayers to it daily " . As per her thinking she offered her prayers to it daily.

One day Krishna came searching to the same spot where he had left his flute. There was a sharp fragrance of flowers which attracted him. Following the scent he comes to Tharangini's abode. Shrimad Bhagavadham describes it beautifully and Anna Sri Rangaraja Bhattar said " It was a slum, In the slum it was the marshy land, In the marshes was this hut. The roof had thousand's of Surya looking through it " . Krishna asked Tharangini to return his flute. Looking at Krishna Tharangini rushed to hide. She refused to come out and return the flute to Krishna. Sri Krishna said that until she came out and gave it he would not leave the place.Finally Tharangini yielded to his request and handed over the flute to him. On getting back his flute Krishna asked her if he could play his flute for her.On hearing this Tharangini joy knew no bounds. Krishna started playing a tune for her. Balarama noticed this and he reported to his mother Yashoda that Krishna was in the middle of the slums with a lower caste girl.

Yashoda got furious about this and came searching for Krishna. She yelled out the name of Krishna and on hearing her cry Krishna played an off note.The raga was destroyed. Krishna was enraged by this. He looked at his mother and said there have been 3 occasions where I tried to show you that I am the Supreme. The first time it was when you tied me to the Ural, the second was me eating sand and showing the entire universe and the final one was me taking various forms and stealing butter from all the home. Krishna said you had failed to recognize me in all these 3 instances. Hence from now on you will not have a temple on this earth

He looked at Tharangini and asked what she wanted. Tharangini replied back saying that she wanted to be something which would always be associated with the Lord. True to His word she was born as the Vrukshika flower in the gardens of Srirangam and to this day adorns the palanquin of Lord Ranganatha. Hence we pray Shri Azhagiya Manavlan to give us a chance to perform seva to the Lord. As Kulasekhara Azhwar says " Yem Peruman pon malai Mel yedhunum Aavanae " (Let me born as something on the sacred Hills of Tirumala).

Many people have asked me the same question. What is the idol of the Lord made of. It is made of stone or what is it. Let me quote this from Srinivasa Mahatmiyam. There are four Yugas, Kreta, Treta, Dwapara and Kali yuga. During Kali yuga all the devas, Brahma and Siva comes to Sri Vaikuntam. Lord Narayana asked them how they would like him to manifest during Kali Yuga. There was no clear answer. Lord Narayana assigned this task to Sage Narada. Narada first went to Brahmalokham and asked the question to Brahma. Brahma replied back saying his duty is to cater to Shrishti and he was fine with any decision the Lord made. Narada was not satisfied with this answer. He proceeded to Shivalokham. Shiva replied back saying my duty is to destroy and I will abide by the Lord's decision. Narada visited Devalokham and got the same answer. Narada was not satisfied with this answer. Narada returned to Vaikuntam and conveyed the answers of all to the Supreme. Sriman Narayana called Garuda and asked to find a place in all lokas which was dry and barren hill, devoid of any living creation. Puzzled Garuda went searching for this place in all the lokhas. He returned to Vaikuntam after finding a place on earth. Narayana asked Garuda to take him to this place. Immediately Shri Mahalakshmi said she would accompany him. Narayana asked her to wait and said he would have Garuda bring her later. He left for this place with Garuda. On reaching this hill he dismounted from Garuda. He told Garuda that he would take the form of a Salagrama idol and stay in the hill. He further told that in the future this would become a great kshethram and people would come from all directions for his Darshan. Irrespective of creed, caste, color, race, sex, wealth, influence, political stature the Lord promised to reside in their hearts and grant their desires. This hill was none other than Venkatadhri. He asked Garuda to ask Mahalakshmi to born as the daughter of Akasa Raja. She would take the form of Padmavathi and marry him. To this day the Lord of Seven Hills has not failed to grant the wishes of all his devotees and full fill his promises.

As the legend of Srirangam goes Vibishana was carrying Lord Ranganatha on his way to Sri Lanka. Lord Ranganatha chose Sri Rangam as where he wanted to stay and created the Ranga Kshethram. Since then he has been blessing his devotees, their kith and kin and all near and dear to them. I would like to thank all of you for giving me an opportunity to write about these 10 days, I would like to thank my father Anna Rangaraja Bhattar for being my Acharya.With this I will am concluding the significance of this Viruppan Thirunaal.

Arangan Vazhga, Arangamaanagar VazhgaLet Lord Ranganatha protect usLet Shri Ranganachiyar bless usLet Sri Acharyan guide us

I wish to thank Sri Kannan Bhattar, and all the people who helped me in compiling the article for sending to Srirangasri group  and

my good wishes to all the people supporting me by giving feedback and encouragement through all these ten days of VIrupam thirnaal.

My Saastaanga Pranaams to Sri Venkateswara of Malibu, California under whose shade i have been able to write all these article.

Seeking the Lotus feet of Narayana