IndiaDivine.org

tour in and around Kalathur

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear esteemed members,

I have been following this group over the last one year and have learnt a lot about our tradition and cult of Desika and Acharya parampara.

Our family is planning to visit Kalathur (pon vaLandha KaLathur) next month for a short stay of 3-4 days and I am interested to know the places we can cover in & around and enroute to this location. Your advise will be greatly appreciated to enable us to plan for this trip. Let me add that we plan to hire a vehicle to cover as many deeper places of interest as possible at the earliest.

If there is a website that gives this info, please let me know.

Best Regards

Padmasree

Bollywood news, movie reviews, film trailers and more!

Guest guest

Namaskarams,

A quick internet search got me the following blog post which walks through the pilgrimage to PV Kalathur, which is near to Tambaram/Chengalput:

http://in-and-out-myself.blogspot.com/2008/01/pon-vilaintha-kalathur.html

Thanks and Regards,

Deepak Vasudevanhttp://www.linkedin.com/in/deepakvasudevan-------

Sent: 7 May 2009 14:31:50 -0000 Subject: Digest Number 2636

A Group for SrivaishNava philosophy

Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

1. tour in and around Kalathur Padmasree Kalathur

2. Sri Rama Navami festival at Thaiyar Village Srinivasan Rangaswamy

3. Bhagavad Ramanuja Vaibhavam- 1.26- Kula Pathi's Sweet sishya- Madhur Madhavakkannan V

View All Topics | Create New Topic

tour in and around Kalathur

Posted by: "Padmasree Kalathur" write2padma write2padma

Wed May 6, 2009 8:00 pm (PDT)

Dear esteemed members,I have been following this group over the last one year and have learnt a lot about our tradition and cult of Desika and Acharya parampara.Our family is planning to visit Kalathur (pon vaLandha KaLathur) next month for a short stay of 3-4 days and I am interested to know the places we can cover in & around and enroute to this location. Your advise will be greatly appreciated to enable us to plan for this trip.. Let me add that we plan to hire a vehicle to cover as many deeper places of interest as possible at the earliest.If there is a website that gives this info, please let me know. Best RegardsPadmasreeNow surf faster and smarter ! Check out the new Firefox 3 - Edition http://downloads./in/firefox/?fr=om_email_firefox

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1)

Sri Rama Navami festival at Thaiyar Village

Posted by: "Srinivasan Rangaswamy" r_sv r_sv

Wed May 6, 2009 8:06 pm (PDT)

Sreemathe Rangaramanuja Mahadesikaya Namaha Thaiyar village is just a tiny village, but has Sri Kothandaramaswamy Temple,Sri Srinivasar Temple as well as Ahobila Mutt. Sri Kothadaramaswamy Temple is administered by our Ashramam Kainkaryabarars, headed by Sri Ramachariar ,who is in his eightees ( see attached photograph).Every year they celebrate Sri Rama Navami festival just one month later, in Chithirai , on 3rd May, 2009. This village is situated on Tindivanam to Vandavasi road, 1 Km from Kodiyaalam Cross Road, adjacent another village called Thellaar. The Temple itself was established in 1918 , by Swami Thaiyar Thirumalai Vinjimur Srimath Ranganathachariar ,father of Sri Ramachariar and his brothers.This Sri Rama Navami festival is being held from 1981.. I had the opportunity to visit the Temple on that day.I am attaching with this some of the photographs taken on that day for the benefit of our group members.Daasan,R.Srinivasan.

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1)

Bhagavad Ramanuja Vaibhavam- 1.26- Kula Pathi's Sweet sishya- Madhur

Posted by: "Madhavakkannan V" srivaishnavan srivaishnavan

Thu May 7, 2009 1:34 am (PDT)

SrI:SrImathE Gopaladesika Mahadesikaya nama:Sri Madhura Kavi Azhwaar´s birthday falls on Chitthirai Chithrai (today). As already mentioned in "NammAzhwAr" post, AzhwAr Madhurakavi is theone who helped us by compiling the outpourings of NammazhwAr; Not justthat, he also sang 11 beutiful "andhAdhi" style pAsurams starting with"kaNNinun siRutthAmbhu" which do not have any parallel to any otherpAsuram/slOka for AchArya Bhakti. He sang these pasurams only in praise ofhis AchArya "nammAzhwAr" and claimed, in the end, that one can attainmOkshA certainly and definitely after reciting just these 11 pAsurams. Itis also told that Nathamuni, who compiled 4000 pAsurams of AzhwArs, wasblessed with a darshan of nammAzhwAr and was given a set of all 12 AzhwArs'pAsurams (by NammAzhwAr himself) after he recited Madhurakavi's 11bhakti-laden pAsurams on nammAzhwAr 12000 times. (Brothers, that is thedynamite packed power of Madhurakavi's pAsurams). Let us ber blessed by thebiography of this mahAn.Madhurakavi (meaning in sanskrit the sweet poet), a vainathEya (divinebird) incarnate, was born in the year Easwara, chitrai month and in chitrainakshatram at ThirukkOLoor. He learnt Tamizh and sanskrit and became agreat scholar in both the languages. He was a great BhaktA of SrimanNarAyaNa and had an excellent conduct. He was on visits to the North India and obtained divya Darshans of AyodhyA, gayA, Badri, DwArakA etc., and He chose to stay at AyOdhyA as he could not resist being attracted by the Holiness of Sri RAMA's birth place. From there, he was dragged by an unconrolled desire to follow the new Southern BRIGHT Star/Light appeared in the sky (as seen only by his eyes at night) and found himself at the feet of the Greatest AzhwAr "NammAzhwAr". After a brief encounter (Please read the post on NammAzhwAr for details), he prayed to NammAzhwAr requesting him to protect and accept him as his disciple. From then on, he stayed with NammAzhwAr and complied all pAsurams of NammAzhwAr. Madhurakavi was so much devoted to NammAzhwAr, his AchAryA, that he held him equal to (higher than) Lord Sri nArAyaNa (You will agree that the Lord asks for that BhAgavatha Bhakti more than Bhagavadh Bhakti). After NammAzhwAr departed from this earthly world, he was blessed with aGolden vigraham of NammAzhwAr which he cosecrated and performedThiruvarAdhanA and uthsavams in his honour. He was impressed bynammAzhwAr's works so much that wanted to stage NammAzhwAr's works in frontof other scholars. the sangam poets objected to such claims and praisesNammazhwAr who had no connection with Sangam ( a big deal!). Madhurakavi,it seems was saddened by this protest and was weeping literally.NammAzhwar, appeared as an old Brahmin and consoled him saying " Do notwoory about these petty issues, my child, You just place this pasuram of"kaNNan kazhaliNai..." on a boat (sangap palagai) and watch the fun" anddisappeared. Madhurakavi did the same and the boat, it is told capsizedthrowing out all the jealous, haughty poets while it retained only the leafcontaining "kaNNan kazhaliNai.." It is also told that each one of those poets struggled to reach the shoreand composed a verse dedicating to NammAzhwAr. And when they were about topublish their verses, they were simply AMAZED to find that each one wrotethe same verse in same words; (What a marvel! what a divine AzhwAr andDivine Disciple!-simply made for each other) The sangam chief says " NammAzhwAr's works are superior and other poets arelike flies compared to Garudan (that is NammAzhwAr); fire flies (minmini)in the presence of sun; dogs in front of the ferocious tiger; wolf beforethe Lord NrsimhA, ugly clumsy dwarfs dancing before the havenly beautifulOOrvasi- All their works are not equal to even one utterance ofnammAzhwAr." Madhurakavi's eyes were full of tears for his (his AchAryA's) success; Theeleven pAsurams are counted as part of 4000 verses simply because the wholeof 4000 pasurams is claimed to be Bhagavadh vishayam while Madhurakavi's ison his AchAryA which is the central gem that sheds lustre on the other jemsof the garland (so says MaNavALa mAmunigaL). It is the work that holds thekey to the treasure of other pAsurams. " Here is one who knew none other than Nammalwar; the one who made it hismission in life to sing the Tamizh upanishadam of Nammalwar; The one beingoverwhelmed by Nammalwar held him as his very God; Let such Madhurakavifill my heart" (our hearts, too). Let us enjoy thaniyans and other details in next post. AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNamRegardsNamo NarayanadAsan

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group

Cat Groups

on

Share pictures &

stories about cats.

Everyday Wellness

on

Find groups that will

help you stay fit.

Ads on

Learn more now.

Reach customers

searching for you.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Polls | Members | Calendar

MARKETPLACE

I'm happy I lost my Job. Now I make $12,000/mo online! See how I do it: WealthResource.org.

I Got Fired But now make $350/day online!.

Mom Power: Discover the community of moms doing more for their families, for the world and for each other

Change settings via the Web ( ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | Un

Free 3D Earth Screensaver

Watch the Earth right on your desktop! Check it out at www.inbox.com/earth