IndiaDivine.org

RE: Ramanujacharya Idol - what to look for in a TEMPLE?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Radhika Madam / Bhaagavathas,

Jais Sreemannarayana.

Last 17 Apr 2009, a message was published in group. I replied withing the group , but for some reason it was not circulated. However I feel it requires attention from our devotee groups.

"The concern of Radhika madam" is to be acknowledged fully as that will benefit every one. She carried a idol of Ramanuja from India and tried to put in a temple in USA. I feel the temple authorities may be from north india or otherwise not familiar with Bhagavad Ramanuja or might be having space limitation or expecting some commercial advantage. Radhika madam should not loose heart and but (1) approach the temple authorities with more information on RAMANUJA importance, directly or through religious leader or (2) try to give the idol to a next door temple in the surroundings at USA.

Bhagavad Ramanuja is the owner of UBHAYA VIBHUTI. He was delegated this responsibility by none other tha Lord Ranganatha Himself, and subsequently known as UDAYAVAR. Both the vibhuthi's (1) Leela vibhuthi (2) Nithya vibhuthi stand for IHAM and PARAM - what is required here in the world and beyond.

Adiyen feels a cautious approach on what to look for in a TEMPLE, will leave us beyond doubt and next time when we go to temple, we can have more satisfying SANNIDHI (Darshan). I feel we should see and feel in respective order (1) PAADUKA (Thiruavdi), (2) Sri Maha Lakshmi (Amma / Vilakku), (3) Adi Seshan (4) SANGU , (5) Chakram, (6) Tiruman, (7) Vakshstalam (Kaustubham), (8) Bhagavd Ramanuja, (9) Alwars, (10) Various flowers those are nearer to Him, (11) Bhaagavathas, (12) Bhakti Bhavam, (13) AND NOTHING ELSE. And every temple should completed with it self with all above.

I request scholars and learned men of these devotee groups to comment and give us a perfect and complete understanding of what we should look and what to ignore. Ultimately, what we ignore should nullify over years or genrations.

Lord Ranganatha Shall bless us all

~ Ever humble to all devotees - Peesapati V V Seethaama Chari

~ Web site - http://etemples.net

Jai Srimannarayana!

I brought Ramanuja idol(9 inches one)from India to give it in Hindu

temple. But temple management didn't agree to keep it in daily puja. They said

they can keep it as an Utsava vigraham(occassionally they will put it with

regular idols for doing puja). I always thought that it would be nice if they

keep it in daily puja sitting infront of Lord Venkateswara swami. Can you

please advise me on this.

Thanks n Regards,

Radhika