IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Namperumal in Vasantha Utthsavam [4 Attachments]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

---------- Forwarded message ----------Narasimha Bhattar <nbhattarSat, May 30, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Namperumal in Vasantha Utthsavam [4 Attachments]

[Attachment(s) from Narasimha Bhattar included below]

Dear Sriranga Sri members and friends, My Sashtanga  Namaskarams  to Sriranga Divya Dampadigal.

I am glad to share my happiness with you all on the occasion of Vasantha Utsavam in Srirangam! It is due to start on 30th of May and would last till 10th of June.

This means that it is time for our Namperumal to move out of HIS moolasthanam and bless the " Darshanam-Hungry " devotees!!!

Before getting in to the details of the celebrations, let me brief you all about Vasanthothsavam. This festival is celebrated in the Tamil month Vaikasi (May-June). In Vijayanagara dynasty king named Annappa Udayar established Vasantha Mandapam in 1444. Mallidevan puthur village has been donated to conduct Vasantham festivals. Vasantham festival starts 8 days before Pournami (Full moon day) In Pournami festival comes to end. Lord comes in Kudrai( Horse) Vahanam around Chitra Streets then comes to Vasantha Mandapam. Thirumanjanam will be performed in the vasantha Mandapam. First and Seventh day of festivals Lord is accompanied by Ubhaya nachiyarmars to the Vasantha Mandapam. Remaining days Lord comes to Vasantha Mandapam in Solo. When Lord comes back to sanctum sanctorum everyday he visits Kambar Mandapam. Everyday Alwar Prabhandam is recited in the presence of Lord. In the Goddess Ranganayaki Sannidhi also the Vasanthothsavam is being performed within her Sannidhi complex.

Here is how the uthsavam is celebrated on the whole -

Our Azhagiya Manavalan would pass through Garudan Sannadhi and Karthigai Gopuram entrance to enter Sri Maha Sudharshanam temple. Maha Sudharshanam, being the Lord's servant, very eagerly waits for HIS arrival. He is so desperate to have a darshanam of the Lord and take orders form HIM. Near this temple, surrounded by beautiful gardens bearing varieties of fruits, cool breeze that spreads the scent of the colourful flowers grown there, is the beautifully decorated Vasantha Mandapam. Our Namperumal pays visit to this Mandapam everyday, where HE enjoys services such as Thiruvaradhanam, Choornabhishekam, Naivedhyam, Ghoshti etc. performed by the Archakas on behalf of HIS devotees all around the world!!!

Then HE leaves from this Mandapam to visit Kambar Mandapam. On HIS way, he passes by Sriranganachiyar Sannadhi. Just as HE reaches the mandapam, Mangalaharathi is offered to the Lord. This Mangalaharathi is indirectly, a trick to attract Sriranganachiyar's attention.

It is in this mandapam that Kambar wrote " Kamba Ramayanam " . It is said that Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy accepted the scripture and blessed Kambar in this temple.

All through the days of this Utsavam, our Mahalaskhmi Sriranganayaki and Sriranganatha Azhagiya Manavalan meet each other and observe and discuss about the world and the devotees.

After the mangalaharathi, Swamy leaves from there to reach his moolasthanam around 6.15 in the evening. HE is then offered Aravanai and Milk as a part of the ritual and prayers for HIS Sayanam.

During this festival, devotees get blessings from Sri Sudharshana Chakrthazhwar as well as Sriranganayaki.

I must mention that with Vasanthothsavam starting in Srirangam, the effect is very clearly seen in Los Angeles!! The weather has suddenly gone so pleasant and enjoyable, as compared to what it has been all this month!!!

I will try to write in detail about  proceedings.

Vachakadosham Kshamikkavum. I apologize for any faulty interpretation or wordings.

- Adiyen Dhaashan,Narasimha bhattar

-- R Narasimhabhattar