IndiaDivine.org

Sri Ranganatha brahmotstavam at Pomana, NY, US

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

OM Namo Narayanaya

Dear Bhaagavathaas,

Adiyen had the Bhaagyam to visit Sri Ranganatha temple at Pomona, New york, US on 18-Jul-2009. I would like to share experience on travel and events.

I am on a visit to US to my children, who stay here. A pleasant surprise came on the way; it is nothing but a special grace from Lord Ranganatha.

Many of you are aware a visit like this involves getting VISA to US, more than 20 hrs Air travel, tension and uncertainty in addition to cost. Normally people from India of age 50+ will have more obligations and duties to do at India. They reluctantly accept grown up children's wish that they also need attention of parents. Added to that is the long government regulations, procedures and strenuous travel make things worse.

But somehow, when it is done, US gives a pleasant feeling. TAKING OFF from routines and every day issues, set aside some time to make a foreign travel. It appears similar to PILIGRIMAGE in a good sense.

Above this, there was a invitation from Sriman ANBIL RAMASWAMY of SrirangaSri group, there will be Brahmotsavam function at Pomona, NY. I happened to be nearer in Edison, above 90 minutes car drive to the place. The drive started from Edison, NJ at 9 AM and went on for 90 minutes till Pomona, NY. All the way lush green trees, well laid roads, organised traffic, no wait time at traffic lights, no sight of accident and damaged vehicles, lawns around al the way, old age home complexes, cloudy sky and above ALL Lord Ranganatha in mind.

We arrived at the venue on time just before DHWAJA ROHANAM, of Garudan. The place is among a group of small hills. This added all necessary sanctity. It just resembled NAIMISA RANAYAM of ancient India, where a beloved sage stays and organises KRATHU.

To my surprise 95% devotees are traditionally dressed. The entire air filled with devotion, a smell which can be seen. As I am new everything is unpolluted, not many known persons around with a background that pollutes our thinking.

Preferably God intended this way only, you less know everyone else's "MORE OF VIRTUES" and "LESS OF THEIR EVILS". As we settled down our emotions and looked for Lord Ranganatha, Srirangam was around there in US. I could hear PURUSHA SUKTHAM, PALLANDU, GHRUVA THALAM, some VEDA SLOKAAS and see PURAPPADU OF LORD.

We had DARSHAN of Lord Moolavar, Utsavar for length of time. I am fortune I prayed for my spiritual goals, my family goals, prosperity of my children, for our devotee group and ALSO for my nation.

Long live this tradition much beyond any one's life and BHAGAVAD RAMANUJA should bless us with every kind of prosperity. Inside the temple we could see MAHA LAKSHMI, ANDAL, ALWARS beside other AVATHARA MURTHY. I could meet Sriman ANBIL RAMASWAMY, an 84 year old man like RISHI, well known to devotees of the groups.

I had posted related pictures on http://etemples.net -> picture post link. All are requested to enjoy.

~ Ever humble to all devotees - Peesapati V V Seetharama Chari

~ Web site - http://etemples.net

Mamekam Saranam Vraja

P V V S Chari

Guest guest

aDiyen totally agree with you. The brahmotsavam is being conducted for the third year @ the temple and aDiyen was there for Garuda Vahanam on Sunday July 19,2009. All the bagawatha's had a rare opportunity of seeing Garudan flying over the Lord when the vahanam was going around the temple.

This saturday July 25 there is a Rathoutsvam for the first time and aDiyem would request anyone who is closer to come and have the darshan of the Divine couple.

dAsan

ramesh narasimhan--- On Sat, 7/18/09, PeesapatiVVSChari <charipvvs wrote:

PeesapatiVVSChari <charipvvs[sri ramanuja] Sri Ranganatha brahmotstavam at Pomana, NY, USetemples , , ramanuja , Received: Saturday, July 18, 2009, 9:55 PM

OM Namo NarayanayaDear Bhaagavathaas,Adiyen had the Bhaagyam to visit Sri Ranganatha temple at Pomona, New york, US on 18-Jul-2009. I would like to share experience on travel and events.I am on a visit to US to my children, who stay here. A pleasant surprise came on the way; it is nothing but a special grace from Lord Ranganatha.Many of you are aware a visit like this involves getting VISA to US, more than 20 hrs Air travel, tension and uncertainty in addition to cost. Normally people from India of age 50+ will have more obligations and duties to do at India. They reluctantly accept grown up children's wish that they also need attention of parents. Added to that is the long government regulations, procedures and strenuous travel make things worse.But somehow, when it is done, US gives a pleasant feeling. TAKING OFF from routines and every day issues, set aside some time to make a foreign travel. It appears

similar to PILIGRIMAGE in a good sense. Above this, there was a invitation from Sriman ANBIL RAMASWAMY of SrirangaSri group, there will be Brahmotsavam function at Pomona, NY. I happened to be nearer in Edison, above 90 minutes car drive to the place. The drive started from Edison, NJ at 9 AM and went on for 90 minutes till Pomona, NY. All the way lush green trees, well laid roads, organised traffic, no wait time at traffic lights, no sight of accident and damaged vehicles, lawns around al the way, old age home complexes, cloudy sky and above ALL Lord Ranganatha in mind.We arrived at the venue on time just before DHWAJA ROHANAM, of Garudan. The place is among a group of small hills. This added all necessary sanctity. It just resembled NAIMISA RANAYAM of ancient India, where a beloved sage stays and organises KRATHU. To my surprise 95% devotees are traditionally dressed. The entire air filled with devotion, a smell which can be seen.

As I am new everything is unpolluted, not many known persons around with a background that pollutes our thinking.Preferably God intended this way only, you less know everyone else's "MORE OF VIRTUES" and "LESS OF THEIR EVILS". As we settled down our emotions and looked for Lord Ranganatha, Srirangam was around there in US. I could hear PURUSHA SUKTHAM, PALLANDU, GHRUVA THALAM, some VEDA SLOKAAS and see PURAPPADU OF LORD. We had DARSHAN of Lord Moolavar, Utsavar for length of time. I am fortune I prayed for my spiritual goals, my family goals, prosperity of my children, for our devotee group and ALSO for my nation.Long live this tradition much beyond any one's life and BHAGAVAD RAMANUJA should bless us with every kind of prosperity. Inside the temple we could see MAHA LAKSHMI, ANDAL, ALWARS beside other AVATHARA MURTHY. I could meet Sriman ANBIL RAMASWAMY, an 84 year old man like RISHI, well known to devotees of the

groups.I had posted related pictures on http://etemples. net -> picture post link. All are requested to enjoy.~ Ever humble to all devotees - Peesapati V V Seetharama Chari~ Web site - http://etemples. netMamekam Saranam VrajaP V V S Chari

Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8. Optimized for Get it Now for Free!