IndiaDivine.org

ON Meeting of Mature Minds

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Bhaagavatas

I have received numerous mails appreciating my posting on "Meeting of Mature Minds" and also a few taking exception to my remarks on the practices obtaining in "some" Divya desams back in India. Let me hasten to assure you that my remarks pertain to only SOME of those who do not compare favorably with those in Pomona and are NOT meant to be outright criticism of ALL the Divya desams or ALL the Bhaagavatas there.

My posting was not to denigrate any specific Divyadesam or any specific Bhaagavata. If you have read the posting carefully, you will notice the words “In several Diva desams back in India” at the beginning of each sentence and the words "you will find" .

This wording will show that there ARE A FEW IN INDIA who do not compare favorably with the dedication of the Bhaagavatas who congregated at Pomona and is not a wholesale condemnation of ALL Bhaagavatas.

I have also indicated the reasons behind the differences. It is a fact that many of the Bhaagavatas in India are struggling economically in spite of which they are doing their duty selflessly.

All that I wished to emphasize is that

Of the 1000s of attendees at Pomona BrahmOtsavam, I happen to know personally 90% of them or they know me personally. I have seen and can vouch for their dedication and devotion.

The volunteers acting as “Srimaan ThaangigaL” in Pomona were doing this in the pure spirit of kainkarya and do not need nor do they expect any monetary compensation. May be, this is due to their being gainfully employed.

Slokas and Paasurams should be recited with a clear understanding of their meanings so that it can be better appreciated instead of mechanical recitation.

To refer to the devotion of Pomona Bhaagavatas should not be taken as denigrating others. There are, indeed, quite a few genuine Bhaagavatas in various Divya desams in India. I am aware of this, since I am coming to India and visiting Divya desams almost every year and am personally experiencing their genuine kainkaryams.

“entarO mahaanubhaavu, antariku vandanamu” as Saint Thyagaraja would put it.

If I have hurt the feelings of anyone, I sincerely apologize.

Daasoham

Anbil Ramaswamy