IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Adi 18 the first purappadu to our Namperumal.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Srirangangasri members and friends,

My Saashtaanga Namaskaram to Periya perumal and Sri Periya Paratiyaar

I pray to our Nam perumal and Sriranga Naachiyaar to bless all of uswith Prosperity, Happiness, and purify us from all the evil thoughts--Mangalasanams to all of our Friends!

Today is Adi 18, it is one of the auspicious day for celebration at Srirangam Temple.On this bright sunny day after the Jeshta-abhishekam our Azaghiya Manavalan goes on Mudhal purappadu (first procession), this cannot be just described as a procession, it would appear as a mighty and a majestic walk of the ruler of srirangam.

This starts at around 6:00 AM and our Azagiya manavalan proceeds towards Amma Mandapam. Amma mandapam is a place where people take bath for the ablution of sins before entering the temple premises.It is believed that Kaveri is equivalent to river Ganges as the river forms the shape of a beautiful garland that surrounds Srirangam. River Kaveri and River Kollidam surround this beautiful city making this place as a heaven in the earth (Bhooloka Vaikuntam). Azhagiya manavalan pays his respects to this beautiful river.

Now Our Azagiya Manavalan will be enjoying the cool and gentle breeze at Amma  Mandapam, event is the as to keep our Namperumal cool and lessen the effect of the heat radiation. Adding to this sandalwood paste is applied to Abhayahastham (the palm) and thiru marbu (chest) of our namperumal.

Please take the blessing of our Namperumal with Abhayahastham which will keep our mind body and the soul cool and calm.In the Mandapam thirumanjanam is performed and after that Azhagiya manavalan reaches the Moolasthanam, while proceeding towards the moolasthanam a short visit is made towards Sri Godha devi (Veli Andal) sannidhi and there is an exchange of the garland.

On this day, Namperumal, as usual, goes to  mandapam from HIS moolasthanam

.. My sincere prayer is that HIS beautiful voiyyara nadai, kasturi thilakamum, the pleasent smell of the soil along kaveri and everything that has any relation with Sri Ranganatha must always be with us.

Vachakadosham Kshamikkavum. I apologize for any faulty interpretation or wordings.

Adeyen DhashanNarasimha bhattar

-- R Narasimhabhattar

9 of 9 Photo(s)