IndiaDivine.org

Quiz of the Week # 3 Answer and Quiz 4 Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Bhaagavatas:

==================================================================

Quiz of the Week # 3

If Lakshmi Nrisimha is Periya Perumal because Rama and Srinivasa worshipped him, there is another Perumal who can also be called “Periya Perumal”. Who is this?

======================================================

Answer

Padmasani Sowmia (padmasanisowmia is the first one to correctly answer this question.

Swamin,

Please accept my humble pranaams. This is not an answer to quiz 3.

To be honest, I am using this quiz to learn about our Perumal & Thaayar. I am writing what I experienced when I saw quiz 3 question, For some reason I was able to see Varahar/ Hayagreevar not sure because my vision was not accurate to differentiate between Hayavadhanam and Varaha vadhanam. I go with Varahar as Lord Srinivasa, worshipped HIM.

Looking forward to see the result email. I do have few more days left. Will pray to HIM to understand HIS Vaibhavams.

Questions/doubt related to Quiz

Even though we ask quiz 3 with logic, there was no story in upanyasams that I remember nor I read so far about Peria Peria perumal other than Nrusimhar -even though this quiz 3 may have an answer to this logic. So in my humble opinion, the reason for the 2nd question should be something else. Thank you so much for making me search about Perumal which is always wonderful experience.

One thing that - ( I think is clear to me again I may totally wrong - ) was when Perumal comes to Earth as like normal human being forms (SriRamar, Srinivsar) HE underwent nithya Aaradhanam etc., Krishna announced that HE is THE LORD HIMSELF on various occasions in Bhaaratham and showed HIS Viswarupa as well. My little memory doesn't allow me to think about what was Krishna's Aaradhanai Perumal. I believe HE didn't do any Aaradhanam except HE went with HIS parents to a Kali temple or something like that. Gokula people did Aradhanam to HIM. Even the Govardhana giri incident is because HE told that they don't have to worship Indra.

Perumal makes me think in several of HIS Vaibhavams when I saw the question 3.

with respect,

Padmasani Sowmia

====================================================================

Answer:

It is indeed Aadhi Varaahan.

Legend says that Tirumala was originally the home of Aadhi Varaaha Perumal and Sri VenkatEsa Perumal prayed to him to provide space for him to stay in the Aadhi Varaha KshEthram during Kali yugam when he took the archa form to reside on the top of Venkatam hills. On the banks of Varaaha’s “Swami PushkaraNi”, Adhi Varaahan stands even today. We are advised to worship Him first before going inside Sri VenkatEsa’s temple. Naivedyam (sacred offering of food to Lord) is first offered to Sri Aadhi Varaaha Swami and the pilgrims first visit Sri Varaaha Swami temple before visiting Sri Venkateswara Temple.

==============================================================

Quiz of the Week # 4

UDIPI Sri Krishnan has another significant name. What is that name and what is the significance?

===============================================================

Please send your Answer to reach us on or before Sunday 6th September 2009.

===============================================================