IndiaDivine.org

Sri Ranga darshanam 14 th, 28 th Aug 2009 – mail Part -1

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sri Ranga darshanam 14 th, 28 th Aug 2009 – mail Part -1

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Bhagavathas,

Adiyen has great pleasure in posting a travelogue to Srirangam and 108 Divya desams. I have restrained myself for some time owing to some criticism, that my travel logs are not relevant in the context of these devotee groups.

However the desire to post was stronger to apprise fellow devotees, that they might enjoy my experience and thought process even it causes a little botheration and annoyance to some. I try to post some serenity of the place Srirangam and Lord Ranganatha to see His Lotus feet as a just humble and novice DEVOTEE, who does not know anything worthy to Him or His devotees or any value addition. All devotees may excuse me for their time in a casual reading of the log.

On 14 th Aug 2009 – It is more than 2 months Adiyen could not visit Srirangam due to a travel tour. It is Friday and Lord in SUKRA STHANAM and in silent reclining posture, with His Lotus feet towards east is excellent opportunity to visit His shrine. That day it was the first day, they open NIJA PAADA SEVA after blocking full darshan for quite some time before. But you know many Fridays pass by, unless He decides to grace His darshan. Adiyen had the BHAGYAM from Lord on that day. I reached about 6 PM, despite of my efforts to hurry quicker and earlier. Now at the temple the SANNIDHI closes at 6 PM and reopens at 7 PM. The main doors near DHWAJA STAMBAM are closed. I had no option but to wait.

Relaxed and attributing everything inside the temple premises as Lord’s will I started gazing around. There is THLABHARAM counter. Some SWAMY is counting change and Prasaadam shares. Many devotees settled on ground with determination to see the Lord and have no second thoughts.

Every time I go Srirangam I see something special. Suddenly my attention caught on a WALL DRAWING of GARUDAN. This was in Tamil. Although I could pick some Tamil reading, I was not able to make out the full meaning of the writing. Sometimes it is blessing in disguise that not knowing a language gives us opportunity to involve more people in the effort to understand.

I enquired nearby SWAMYGAL and some passersby. They revealed it is the SPECIFICATION of Garuda Flag, which is hosted as a mark of every festival. This was a surprise for me and I salute all those who take meticulous care to make a festival event thoroughly systematic. However I was disappointed I could not grasp full meaning.

At about 6:45 PM the doors opened and I rushed to Lord’s SANNIDHI. The divine spell once again gracing me is another opportunity. Lord Ranganatha is showering His APPARA KARUNA on all the devotees in a reality. A little struggle in the queue with devotees, VIPs and permanent ticket holders and pressure of SWAMYGAL to quicken the DARSHAN, ALL tiresome --- HAS just vanished --- with the GLIMPS OF LORD’S LOTUS FEET. No grumbling on anyone. Let Lord bless us ALL.

Just out site again at THULABHARAM, I remembered I was blessed by Lord with a little granddaughter, whom we named as Hari Priya Andal Dittakavi. I gave sugar that weighs equal to her weight, which is some tradition set by elderly people. I do not know the true meaning of this tradition for new born. I request learned person might elaborate on this custom.

Soon I was back to my place with all pleasant thoughts on Ranganatha. However, the writing on the wall is bugging me to explore further. Lord Ranganatha shall bless us all.

Next time on 28 th again to Srirangam – I shall post another mail – Part -2

Thanking all of you.

Lord Ranganatha shall bless us ALL

Ever humble to ALL devotees – Peesapati V V Seetharama Chari

MAMEKAM SARANAM VRAJA

P V V S Chari