IndiaDivine.org

Sri Ranga darshanam 14 th, 28 th Aug 2009 – mail Part -2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Bhagavathas,

This mail is ADIYEN’s experience on 28 th continued from last mail.

As you know, I was bit dissatisfied for not getting complete picture of GARUDA flag and the meaning of tamil writings high on the wall near DHWAJA STAMBHAM. I was waiting for the next opportunity from Lord Ranganatha. This time I reached temple about 5:30 PM. There are not many devotees and I could complete SANNIDHI within 10 minutes. Again fully satisfied and cheerful on sight of Lord’s lotus feet, His reclining posture, Pattu Vasthram, Kati Hastam, Abhaya Hastham, Vaksham, Amma, Anathan and Utsavars, everything standing in bliss. One has to experience again and again and you will be convinced that there is no second place. This time I had my favourite hot ARISAI (as prasaadam) that is freely distributed to devotees after darshan.

As I am back into real world, I wanted to explore more on the GARUDA Flag. I called my driver, who knew tamil scripting. I asked him to copy the inscription on a piece of paper, later to be translated by colleague.

Below is Adiyen’s understanding. Please correct me in case I made an error in understanding. The wall is dimly lit and shows GARUDA in half sitting posture. This MUDRA shows, he (Garuda) is ever ready to lift entire Vaikuntham, Lord Vishnu, Amma, Adi seshan and Nitya suris and move it to a desired place, just at a signal (or even intent) of Lord. On the left of the picture is Sanskrit SLOKA as below –

SRI PAANCHARATHRA AAGAMA GRAMAPPIDI EZHUTHIYA VAJA PADA GARUDA PAADAM

Padamathyethu Garudam tthivipujyam --- Pushpanjalipudam Vaadha swarnaasala sannibham

Kakane kamanaarambha pashu vaksha balbhitham --- Kunjitho Vaampaadasthu Thathushna prushtatha sthitha. (Request – Learned Sanskrit scholar can enlighten on the meaning)

On the right side of the GARUDA painting are listed the ORNAMENTS of Lord GARUDA

Periya thiruwadikku thiru Vabharanagala Vilangum Naagungalin Peyarum Edangalum

(The names of snakes and their place in body, those are ornamental to Lord GARUDA)

1 – Ananthan : Edathu kai Kadagam (upper Left hand), 2 – Vaasuki : Poonul (Yagnopaveetham = Dandhyam = Sacred thread), 3 – Dakshan : Aranaan (Necklace), 4 – Kaarkotakan : Maalai (garland) , 5 – Bathman : Valadhu Kadhani (Right ear ring), 6 – Maha bathman : Edadhu Kadhani (Left ear ring) 7 – Sangan : Thirumudi (Hair), 8 – Kuligan : Thiru marbu (chest)

These snakes listed are great serpents and serve Lord Garudan as ornaments. I observe in many temples Garuda flag is hoisted as mark of inauguration of festival. However, I am not sure whether minimum specification of the flag is followed. Indeed it would be more satisfying to follow a tradition and standard at such time as much as possible.

Subsequently I reached back home with every pleasant thought and those last least two more days.

Thanking you all for your time.

Lord Ranganatha shall bless us ALL

Ever humble to ALL devotees – Peesapati V V Seetharama Chari

MAMEKAM SARANAM VRAJA

P V V S Chari