IndiaDivine.org

RE: bharatha doubts raama Posted by: MG Vasudevan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OM NAMO NARAAYANAYA

Dear Bhaagavathaas,

I see an interesting reading on SriragaSri magazine on - "bharatha doubts raama Posted by: "MG Vasudevan" Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:11 am (PDT). I would like to put some positive thoughts on this.

Adiyen is no authority in sanskrit or Ramayana or "RAAMA BHAKHI" expressed by various devotees from VALMEEKI, Kula Sekhara Alwar ... to THYAGARAJA. I only wonder how all BHAKTHAs enjoyed Lord's presence in form, deed, intent and purpose (bhagavad gunanubhavam).

I never read any where "ANY ONE DOUBTED RAAMA" and your web post is just a surprise. After little thinking I could understand, this is probably due to the difference between SPOKEN WORDS and WRITTEN COMMUNICATION. To eloborate some thing said circastically is not to be taken as the real intent. Bharatha might have said "is he is thief? Has Raama indeed stolen the wealth of some BrahmaNa - na? " in a circastic context, meaning the negation only is right. Such a spoken semantics makes lot of difference though body language, context and general character.

Also there is on figures of speach (BHAASHA ALANKAARAMS), which I read during my school days "VYNGALANKARAM" (SATIRE). This is also used in any kavyam (great literary work) to bring in more effect to actual meaning.

Another point to observe is, if Bharatha doubted RAAMA for any reason even to the slightest, he would not have ventured in to the forest later to find Him and pick up His PAADUKA as His representative and rule AYODHYA as proxy to Lord as RAAMA RAJYAM.

RAAMA, who is saakshath Sri Ranganatha, always goes by INTENT, BHAKTHI and not by deed. It was evident when He met SABARI also by taking fruits half bitten by her (a low caste women), RECOGNISING her BHAKTHI (DEVOTION) ALONE.

Therefore Adiyen is differing your view that BHARATHA doubted RAAMA at any time. AT times BHAKTHAAS (devotees) of RAAMA were angry on Himand even scolded Him, but only with intention to reach Him faster or get His mercy (APAARA KAURA).

KINDLY re-examine (re-visit) your thoughts and give good message to other devotees from SRIMAD RAAMAYANA MAHA KAAVYAM. Please excuse ADIYEN if I have hurt any feeing of any one.

Best regards.

Ever humble to all devotees - Peesapati V V Seetharama Chari

web site - etemples.net

MAAMEKAM SARANAM VRAJA

P V V S Chari

SwAmin, if adiyEn is allowed to share adiyEn's views, this is for your kind

attention.

Bharatha's doubt about Rama relates to his first reaction to his mother

at2-72-27, in which he says he started his journey back to AyOdhya gladly

expecting the ceremony of installing Rama as the Prince Regent- So, there is no

question of his doubting Rama. But, his confidence in the words of his Mother

made him doubt Rama. It is human to believe one's mother's words. Valmiki

Ramayana deals with the characters of Rama, Bharath etc. as human beings and not

as avatArams of the Lord.

Hence, there is no need to raise any question about Bharatha.

dAsan

anbil SrInivAsan.

India has a new look. Take a sneak peek http://in./trynew