IndiaDivine.org

Rudram & Chamakam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have learnt Rudram and Chamakam during my early days and know to recite. I have done my prapati - but happened to be in a Satsang where they have recited Rudram and Chamakam. Can I recite these being a Prapannan? Is there any restriction on idhara devadha stotrams? Please clarify.Dasan

Rangarajan

MSN Battles We pitch one stalwart against the other and give you the power. Who will you vote for? Share photos while you chat with .

Lakshminatha Samaarambhaam naatha yaamuna madhyamaamasmadaacharya paryantam vande guruparamparaamSwamin,Any hymn from veda can be recited by prapannan. But, doing it for grant of boon etc (Kaamyaartham) is forbidden. Ramanuja Siddhantham does not reject any vedic hymn. It is because, any deity praised by veda is with the knowledge that, Sriya:pathi is the antaryami for it. Hence there is nothing wrong in reciting rudram or chamakam. I recite them. They are beautiful portions of yajur veda. In fact, we are supposed to recite one prasnam a day during daily brahma yagnam, hence eventually rudram and chamakam also.AdiyenNarasimha Raghava Daasan From: rangaindDate: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 19:33:32 +0530 Rudram & Chamakam

I have learnt Rudram and Chamakam during my early days and know to recite. I have done my prapati - but happened to be in a Satsang where they have recited Rudram and Chamakam. Can I recite these being a Prapannan? Is there any restriction on idhara devadha stotrams? Please clarify.Dasan

Rangarajan

MSN Battles We pitch one stalwart against the other and give you the power. Who will you vote for? Share photos while you chat with .

MSN Battles We pitch one stalwart against the other and give you the power. Who will you vote for? Share photos while you chat with . Get easy photo sharing with Windows LiveT Photos. Drag n' drop

Namaste

"Vedaishcha Sarvaihi Ahameva Vedyo" says Krishna in Bhagavadgita. I think this one quote is enough to construe that "It is he who is being praised throughout all of Vedas". Normally, not understanding this and many other quotes of Bhagavan results in us thinking that 'Vaishnava' is also one of the sects amongst many others.

Now about Rudram - I heard that It is Narasimha who is the Devatha for Rudram and Rudra is the rushi for this manthra. Even otherwise, the BG quote is enough that it is only one god who is spoken about in Vedas and the rest are the rishis of the various manthras.

thanks

sukumar

On Behalf Of Narasimha Raghavan IyengarFriday, September 25, 2009 8:52 AM Subject: FW: Rudram & Chamakam

Lakshminatha Samaarambhaam naatha yaamuna madhyamaamasmadaacharya paryantam vande guruparamparaamSwamin,Any hymn from veda can be recited by prapannan. But, doing it for grant of boon etc (Kaamyaartham) is forbidden. Ramanuja Siddhantham does not reject any vedic hymn. It is because, any deity praised by veda is with the knowledge that, Sriya:pathi is the antaryami for it. Hence there is nothing wrong in reciting rudram or chamakam. I recite them. They are beautiful portions of yajur veda. In fact, we are supposed to recite one prasnam a day during daily brahma yagnam, hence eventually rudram and chamakam also.AdiyenNarasimha Raghava Daasan

From: rangaind (AT) hotmail (DOT) comDate: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 19:33:32 +0530 Rudram & Chamakam

I have learnt Rudram and Chamakam during my early days and know to recite. I have done my prapati - but happened to be in a Satsang where they have recited Rudram and Chamakam. Can I recite these being a Prapannan? Is there any restriction on idhara devadha stotrams? Please clarify.DasanRangarajan

Get easy photo sharing with Windows LiveT Photos. Drag n' drop