IndiaDivine.org

Identification of Shaligrama Shila

Rate this topic

Guest guest

On Namo narayanaya

Hare Krishna

I have gone thru a few books of sri vaishnava and for your

kind information I am involve in Shaligara Shila aradhanam.

I would like to know, is there any comprehensive books to

identify the shaligrama shila to their appearence names ????

I am also preety mush sure that there are bagavatha in India who can

assist me but I cud not travel that far due to financial matter.

So if there is a book it would be a great help for devotees

like me in Malaysia.

I hope my request did not hurt anyone in the list

Thanks

Dasan

raja

namo yoga narashimoo: vijayatha

Dear Mr. Raja,

Pranams: I’m surprised and astounded in the interest areas of yours. Really glad to share some details which may be helpful to you.

To know about Silas: it may be difficult to identify unless you come down to India, there are numerous Shilas (close to 5000+) types which Lord Sriman narayana has incaranated (he has various roopa) so to say, in various size, shape, color, chakras etc… and enumerated by our vedic scholars. Sowmiya swarupa roopa (divya mangal roopa) which is made visible to us. You may treat the same way he has blessed you. this can be identified by acharyas and great souls who pledge every day in the foot steps of lord.

To identify silas, you may please go through a book called Salagrama Kosha written by Dr. Ramachandra Achar. There are two volumes in it; he has tried explaining in detail. This is a old writing may be you have to search it in Bangalore (in Madhwa matt).

Dasan:

Ram Santhanam:

--- On Mon, 16/11/09, Raja <jagannathbaladev wrote:

Raja <jagannathbaladev Identification of Shaligrama Shila Date: Monday, 16 November, 2009, 19:56

On Namo narayanaya

Hare Krishna

I have gone thru a few books of sri vaishnava and for your kind information I am involve in Shaligara Shila aradhanam.

I would like to know, is there any comprehensive books to identify the shaligrama shila to their appearence names ????

I am also preety mush sure that there are bagavatha in India who can assist me but I cud not travel that far due to financial matter.

So if there is a book it would be a great help for devotees like me in Malaysia .

I hope my request did not hurt anyone in the list

Thanks

Dasan

raja

Swamin,

Following page contains translation of salagrama kosha. You can go through it.

http://www.salagram.net/sstp-salkosh1ch.html

Adiyen

Narasimha Raghava Daasan

jagannathbaladevCC: From: sr_krsnaDate: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 07:05:30 +0000Re: Identification of Shaligrama Shila

namo yoga narashimoo: vijayatha

Dear Mr. Raja,

Pranams: I’m surprised and astounded in the interest areas of yours. Really glad to share some details which may be helpful to you.

To know about Silas: it may be difficult to identify unless you come down to India, there are numerous Shilas (close to 5000+) types which Lord Sriman narayana has incaranated (he has various roopa) so to say, in various size, shape, color, chakras etc… and enumerated by our vedic scholars. Sowmiya swarupa roopa (divya mangal roopa) which is made visible to us. You may treat the same way he has blessed you. this can be identified by acharyas and great souls who pledge every day in the foot steps of lord.

To identify silas, you may please go through a book called Salagrama Kosha written by Dr. Ramachandra Achar. There are two volumes in it; he has tried explaining in detail. This is a old writing may be you have to search it in Bangalore (in Madhwa matt).

Dasan:

Ram Santhanam:

--- On Mon, 16/11/09, Raja <jagannathbaladev > wrote:

Raja <jagannathbaladev > Identification of Shaligrama Shila Date: Monday, 16 November, 2009, 19:56

On Namo narayanaya

Hare Krishna

I have gone thru a few books of sri vaishnava and for your kind information I am involve in Shaligara Shila aradhanam. I would like to know, is there any comprehensive books to identify the shaligrama shila to their appearence names ???? I am also preety mush sure that there are bagavatha in India who can assist me but I cud not travel that far due to financial matter. So if there is a book it would be a great help for devotees like me in Malaysia . I hope my request did not hurt anyone in the list Thanks Dasan raja

New Windows 7: Find the right PC for you. Learn more.