IndiaDivine.org

Azagiyamanavalan's Simhagathi and Sarbhagathi during Vaikunta Ekadeshi festival!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Srirangasri members and our Honorable friends My Saashtaanga Pranaams to Azagiya manavalan and Sriranga Naachiyaar

I remember walking with Azhagiya Manavalan's procession near Senai Muthaliar's Sanathi(The Personal Secretary of Sri Ranganatha Sri Ranga Raja Samasthanam), amidst the throngs of people and cries of " Sri Ranga!! " on this the fourth day of Pagal Patthu Utsavam during Vaikunta Ekadesi. The atmosphere was electric with the energies of the thousands of devotees and of course the majesty of Naam Perumal captivating every one's eyes. I hope that this small glimpse from my personal experience is conveyed to everyone with the pictures I have enclosed.  It is truly a blessing to be able to walk the streets of Sri Rangam, chanting, pryaing, and being overwhelmed by Nam Perumal.

The fourth day of Vaikunta Ekadesi begins with Azhagiya Manavalan at Arjuna Mandapam. Next comes the Aarayar Sevai with the Azhwar Mariyadhai while the prasadam for Him is prepared. Thiruvaradharam is performed, followed by the Neivaaedhyam for both Nam Perumal first then the Azhwars. This is followed by Theertha Koshti, and then our Azhagiya Manavalan shows his splendor to the public for darshan. In the evening, we are all witness to one of the most unique processions----The Woyara Nadai. The Woyara Nadai is the signature walk, the walk of the King of the Gods, our RangaRajan. Everyone who watches Him walk, will be captivated and be in a trance following His movements!! After His evening Oyyara Nadai, Nam Perumal  makes his way to the Moolasthanam. As he is climbing the stairs, we are blessed with the great " Padi Yetha Sevai. " This literally means the darshan during the climbing of stairs, but it is not a simple upward climb. Instead, our Azhagiya Manavalan, sways from side to side like a dance, like a river working His way up ths stairs. It is interesting to note, when Perumal leaves his abode, He charges out like a lion called " Simha Gathi " , but when he is returning to the Moolasthanam, he makes his way like a serpent, the Sri Padam Thangi(the carriers of Nam Perumal), perform an intricate movement as they do this, they lower Nam Perumal and weave side to side like a serpent,  hence the name " Sharbha Gathi " .

I hope you all enjoyed reading about toady's processions, and  may Nam Perumal's pictures provide you all with good fortune and healthy life.Please note the Pranavaakara Vimanam which is said to cleanse our sins, " Vimana Dhasanam--Pabha Vimochanam "

Vachaka Dhosham Kashameekavum,Adeyen Daashan,Narasimha bhattar

4 of 4 Photo(s)