IndiaDivine.org

Srirangam 18 dec 2009 - tiru adhyayana utsavam begin PAGAL PATTHU

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OM NAMO NARAYANAYA

Dear Bhaagavathaas,

Adiyen is blessed with one more SANNIDHI of Lord Ranganatha of Srirangam yesterday on 18 Dec 2009. Every time with difference and more insight and desire I shall see Him / His TIRU VADI again shortly.

Past few days it is raining heavily all around all the areas near Srirangam. Margali started with cool breeze and rainy weather. Today rain stopped, many walls, temple towers, roads, mandaps inside the KOIL, shops around, gardens, sand dump of eastern corridor all are wet, damp and smelling sweet and tasting BHAKTHI. ALL devotees are slowly getting back to normal routines after down pour of RAIN s for more than five days. Recall the PAASURAM of THAI ANDAL, "ALIMALAI KKANNA", that is due tomorrow. This year RAIN GOD has given plenty, as per the request in the verse.

We were in the KOIL exactly 5 pm IST. The days are MARGALI, DHANUR MASAM beginning. Today’s Paasuram is “ONGI ULAHALANDA UTTHAMAN PERPAADIâ€. Thai ANDAL has given these PAASURAM S to us, we are all deeply indebted to our DIVINE mother - if at all any accounting is relevant. We were expecting large crowds and the DARSHAN may take more than THREE Hours.

When we arrived at main entrance of KOIL, we are greeted by “TULASI MAALA†hawkers. After the rains, TULASI absolutely green, is giving great scent and to longer distances. Suddenly the vendor told “VISHNU KOIL†and “TULASI†are not separate. With or without knowledge a beautiful sentence had come out from a most innocent (illiterate) young boy. The mood is on set toward VAIKUNTHA EKADASI DAYS. There is cheer all around in everyone’s face that Lord shall bless us with better this time, this month, this Margali.

DARSHAN closes by 6 Pm and we rushed with all tension to the queues. Surprisingly the Rs 50 queue has no one, and the clerk told us to wait for 5 minutes. This was very relaxed experience as we were expecting to wait for hours long. Quickly we moved inside sanctum. Now LORD RANGANATHA is on typical saffron PATTU Vastram. Solid Golden PAADUKA was bright to drive away every darkness form inside us. Gradually the SANNIDHI showed us PAADUKA, DRESS, KATI HASTAM, VAKSHAM, AMMA, GARLANDS, ABHAYA HASTAM, FACE FILLED WITH LOTUS EYES OF LORD, MAKUTAM, ANANTHA, swamis around are busy pushing devotees, but ensuring a pleasant TIRU VADI to everyone. Followed is TULASI TEERTHAM, devotion filled heart and exit from sanctum.

When we are coming out, there were lot of devotees wait on eastern mandap. There are barricades making partitions for way, waiting space, CCTV cameras. The arrangements are good and even old people aged 70 – 80 are at rest and peaceful waiting for SOMETHING DIVINE. As I always maintain Ranganatha gives something special every time we go Srirangam. I enquired and found they are waiting for TIRU ADHYAYANA UTSAVAM. Lord (UTSAVAR) comes is a procession along the pathway and takes KOLUVU rewarding many devotees while on the way, a tradition “MARYADAI†to learned scholars of the times. I was told it take about THREE hours to cross hardly 100 ft distance into sanctum. The function is to begin at 6:15 PM.

The time was 5:45 we quickly went for DARSHAN of THAAYAR about 300 meters walk outside main shrine. Luck favouring us al l through we could complete the SANNIDHI just in no time and returned back to main temple to witness TIRU ADHYAYANA UTSAVAM.

In hurry I pushed myself into main pathway to have quick glance of Lord. By standing in front I make my usual observation and search for better devotees. At Srirangam I always find persons more devoted and mature, they always give a point of learning.

This time it was a lady aged 75 +, weak physically but strong at will to see Lord in such big crowd. She is waiting next to Lord’s pathway, looking sad on many counts that are helpless over time. To list few - (1) Police men and women around equalling the number of devotees, not a very pleasant sight – probably in her younger days it was all learned scholars of UBHAYA VEDANTA, devotees of repute, Aged and young traditionally dressed men and women, who crave for SANNIDHI (2) Alas lost her husband who gave her protection, love, food, company and guidance for decades and now reached Lord’s abode. She looked wishing to join Lord and her Lord. (3) Many young are pushing each other for hold in the crowd, are obstructing her vision. The old lady is fighting with them to bow down heads and move sides to enable her see the Lord. (4) Her eyes big and wide open at age of 75, that next time they may not be able to see Lord Ranganatha. (5) And many other thoughts beyond my imagination but certainly the EYES are speaking more devotion to LORD RANGANATHA .

With all respect I bowed her inside my hearts, deserted all my hurry and leaned to her to ask and bring a discussion about the UTSAVAM, CONTEXT and LORD. I wished, do a service in bringing RELAX and PEACE to her presence. She replied COOL, PLEASANT and DEVOTED, as if her waiting has a meaning. She also brought others around into discussion. Lord Ranganatha shall bless us ALL.

This is UTSAVAM starting of PAGAL PATTHU, a TEN day event preceding VAIKUNTHA EKADASI. The events followed are more pleasant and we see Lord, His devotees in full swing. If TODAY the experience is so great, just wonder and wander in thoughts how it would be in days of ALWARS, ANDAL, BHAGAVAD RAMANUJA and our ACHARYA S.

Let All of us be blessed with Lord’s APAARA KARUNA.

Thanking you all for your time in reading the MAIL.

~ Ever humble to ALL devotees - Peesapati V V Seetharama Chari

~ Web sites http://etemples.net, http://srirangam.etemples.net, http://tiruppavai.etemples.net

MAAMEKAM SARANAM VRAJA

P V V S Chari