IndiaDivine.org

Our Namperumal in Mohini-Alankaram-(Nachiyar -Thirukolam) During the 10 Day of Pagal patthu utthsavam!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sri Ranga Sri members and friends,I am writing about the 10th day of Pagal pathu  utthsavam  inMargazhi celebrations at Sri Rangam.--

As we all know, today is one of the most special days in  Sri Rangam's history,today is the famed Mohini Alankaram of our Azhagiya Manavalan. We will start our discourse of today's topic with a very brief history of the Mohini Alankaram. The Asuras and the Devas were churning for Amrutham(the Nectar of Life), and it was starting to appear as the Devas were loosing to the Asuras. Hence, Sri Maha Vishnu, took on the form of a BEAUTIFUL woman, to distract and seduce the attention of the Asuras in order to obtain the Amrutham for the Devas. After doing so, the Devas won the battle, and supposedly, corruption ended.

Now coming to today's happenings at Thiruvarangam, and our Azhagiya Manavalan's magnificence. Starting with His hair, like that of a young woman, His hair flows like a braided river, with Raakudi, Jada Nagam, Pushpa Thanda, Kunjalam, and of course plenty of dazzling flowers!! In the front of our Azhagiya Manavalan's hair-do, there is Chandran and Suryan encrusted with diamonds are placed, Nethi Chutti, Kalinga Thora(which was only worn by the great Maha Ranis), the ever present Kasthuri and Thiruman Kappu, Jimikis swaying from His ears, and a beautiful nose ring. His Thirumugamandalam(face), is simply stunning, and hypnotic to keep looking at! 

His lips, red as a rose, wet with moisture, a Dhristi pottu to ward off the evil eye! His neck is embraced by a beautiful Vaira Adihai(Diamond Singlet) which is encrusted with a large diamond single pendant, hanging down from this is a beautiful emerald pendant which sways with the wind and His movements. Our Azhagiya Manavalan is covered with rare stones, navaratnas, and gems and diamonds in step-wise manner. A long coral necklace with abundant punyam hangs on His chest!!

On His right hand, a parrot made out of rubies with a green(emerald) nose! This parrot, actually played a big role as his messenger and his confidant! Our Azhagiya Manvalan likes questioning his bird, " Am I beautiful?! " The parrot responds, " Of course you are! "   The parrot is also his messenger, as it is this very parrot that talks to Sri Rangan and informs him of those who come to see him. " Antharangama Rangan kita pesum " This is a beautiful saying in Tamil, " The parrot talks secretly to Sri Rangan! "   On Naam Perumaal's Left Hand, there are numerous gem encrusted bangles, kanganam, vangi for his upper arms, and for the dhrishti Parthika Thayathu(made out of pure gold, the Thayathu is a ward, or a lucky charm once again to ward off the evil eye from this beautiful stunning woman)!  His fingers, are like that of a newborn baby, soft and supple adorned with beautiful rings. His Left Hand's fingers all point to His Thiruvadi(Feet)----- " Maam yekam charanam vraja " " Surrender to me, I will be with you! "

Our Azhagiya Manavalan's waist is delicate and small like a young girl's, it is encircled by a gold circlet with different leaf pendants(tulsi, etc.)

His Thiruvadi(Feet) are soft, and smooth like a newborn's. His Thiruvadi, is decorated with Nalangu(Saffron lines on the feet), since His delicate, flowery, feet touched this earth, they turned red!!!  Our Azhagiya Manavalan's feet are also covered with a pure gold anklet,and a  thandai(a lotus like decoration in bloom)

The description of Azhagiya Manavalan's beauty on this special day is endless, and there is not enough words or space in this world to record all it, so we will move on. With all of these dressings and decorations, Azhagiya Manavalan walks seductively, not Oyyara Nadai, this is Anna Nadai, like that of a graceful bird. As Azhagiya Manavalan is gliding along like a swan, Parasara Bhattar comes to pray to Him. Our Azhagiya Manavalan filled with his vanity, asks Parasara Bhattar, " How do I look? "    

Parasara Bhattar replied, " Swami, you look like a lovely young lady, and your dressings put everyone else to shame, but.........please forgive me my Lord, but the kindness and gentleness evident in Sri Ranga Nachiyar's eyes are missing in your eyes! "   Our Azhagiya Manavalan knew this to be truth.

It is truth, because, no matter how stunning and how mesmirzing our Azhagiya Manvalan might be to look at, he is still the King of Kings underneath it all, and this awesome power can not be contained by His Eyes. Sri Ranga Nachiar is a divine Lotus to mankind, and Her eyes are most Merciful! To look at Her eyes is to look at Heaven, and forgiveness and understanding.....basically the eyes of the Mother!!!  Hence, I wish everyone the very best, and may our Azhagiya Manavalan and Sri Ranga Nachiar's blessings and Eyes be upon us and bless us!!

4 of 4 Photo(s)