IndiaDivine.org

Our Azagiya Manavalan in Sri Vaikuta Ekadeshi !

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sri Ranga Sri Members and Friends,My Shastanga Namaskarams to our Ever Periya Perumal and Sri Ranganachiyar(Periya pirattiyar)Thousands of devotees worshipped Namperumal at Srirangam Sri Ranganathaswamy temple on the occasion of ‘Vaikunta Ekadasi’ festival on Monday.

On this day, our Azhagiya Manavalan wears a Rathanangi(A suit made out of pure Rubies). The specialty about this Rathanangi is on the Sri Vatsham(The special place designated for Sri Ranganayaki on His Right Chest). To note this specialty is a blessing, because one must look closely to identify it, and I've had the blessing to see this! There is Maha Lakshmi INSIDE one of the many ruby stones! After Namperumal, exited the ‘Paramapada Vasal,’ amidst milling devotees exactly at 4.45 a.m.

Following Vaikunta Ekadesi, Periya Perumal Sri Ranganathaswamy will be adorned in ‘Muthangi’ (coat of pearls).

After customary honours for the Srirangam Jeer and the ‘stalasthars,’ our Nam Perumal makes His through the RajaMahendran Chutru, Kulasekaran Chutru before reaching the Vraja Nadhi mandapam where ‘Veda parayanam’ was recited. One of the million aspects that make Sri Rangam Booloka Vaikundam(Heaven on Earth) is this Vraja Nadhi Mandapam. Vraja means open and pure, Nadhi means River. When one puts the ear to the ground at this Vraja Nadhi Mandapam, one can hear the splashing of the waters of Cauvery river! This is a Deva Loka Mandapam(Heavenly Mandapam). It is through this Mandapam that Our Nam Perumal takes everyone throught the Sorga Vasal.

The rituals at the Vraja Nadhi mandapam was completed at about 4.45 a.m. and the ‘Paramapada Vasal’ was thrown open, allowing the procession to emerge through it. ‘Namperumal’ then reached the Thirumamani(Aayariam Kaal, or 1000 Pillars Mandapam), Asthana Mandapam, where “Arayar Sevai†was performed.  All twelve Azhwars, will be at the Aayiram Kaal Mandapam where they will perform Mangala Sasanam. This festival is called " Raa Paathu. " This Raa Paathu goes on for 10 consecutive nights with our Azhagiya Manavalan in different alankarams(dressings) each day. After each day of Utsav, the way everything winds down is very peaceful and beautiful. In the cool evening hours of a Sri Rangam winter, our Azhagiya Manavalan, covered in his head by a Korra(A Musalin cloth, a transparent, fine, silk-like cloth) for warmth, makes His way to the Moolasthanam while in Veena Ekantham. This Veena Ekantham is, melodious, soft evening time Veena Music, which accompanies our Azhagiya Manavalan's Oyyara Nadai back to the Moolasthanam.....

I would like to thank all Sri Ranga Sri members, and Sri Ranga Sri for allowing me to share my experiences and my insight. Special thanks to Sri Ranga Pankajam for the photos during this festival. Thank you all once again. May Sri Rangan and Sri Ranga Nachiar's divine grace be with us all, and bless us for the upcoming New Year!!

Adeyen Dhashan,Narasimhabhattar

5 of 5 Photo(s)